The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh wow, I didn't even know who Alice Eve was until this thread. She's fucking gorgeous, wow.

And yeah, Chelsea Handler is outright miserable to listen to.

iannis

Musty Nester
I heard a rumor that she'll be replacing Craig on the Late Late Show though.

So maybe it'll be ok.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Just saw this but didn't think it needed its own thread.

James Corden to replace Craig on the Late Late Show.

All I know him from is being Craig the roommate on Doctor Who.

Chris

Potato del Grande
He is an overrated comedy drama actor. You can keep him but we want Cat Deely back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That guy is very not funny. How he keeps getting gigs is truly amazing. He must be the british tracey morgan

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't care for him either. He only plays the one role. And it was fine for 1 hour of a Dr. Who episode, but they've built an entire sitcom around that one character and it just isn't interesting.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Craig worked as a UK host because he was established in America from the Drew Carey Show. No one in the US knows this guy. Should have just canceled the late late show and have how I met your mother reruns or something similar.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think that he has even fucking hosted anything in the UK. He has his overrated comedy drama and that's about it.

If you guys want hosts, you want Ant and Dec, stop taking random people not known for hosting! Piers Morgan was a newspaper editor?

iannis

Musty Nester
It was pretty standard Norm.

"10, 20, 30 years went by and not a single flashback. I like to stretch my drug dollar. Just more bullshit lies from Big Acid." heh.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

The World War jokes are so fucking hilarious. lol
aGgJ5kP.gif

That man is so unfunny, it's kind of painful to watch him.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As someone who always mildly enjoyed the Letterman long-running gags (Will it float, getting on Oprah), I kind of hope Colbert picks them up and runs with them for a bit with his own personality on them. Could see him being a good replacement, just hope CBS doesn't make him change too much.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was mostly not good.
That man is so unfunny, it's kind of painful to watch him.
Norm is one of those comedians where a lot of it is in the delivery, and that's just not going to work for everyone.

Specifically it's not going to work for humorless internet dorks. But for us handsome rockstar geniuses it's hilarious.

But seriously, the first part. It's just going to work great for some of us and I really have no problem with it being horrible to others. It's not like a prime Dave Chappelle where if you don't find it funny you are wrong. Or a prime Jeff Dunham where if you do find it funny you are wrong.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
But seriously, the first part. It's just going to work great for some of us and I really have no problem with it being horrible to others. It's not like a prime Dave Chappelle where if you don't find it funny you are wrong. Or a prime Jeff Dunham where if you do find it funny you are wrong.
Yeah, I get that entirely. You're right. And yet, I want to argue with you and tell you he's just an unfunny twat. Internet rage, and all that.

But, yeah. His delivery makes me want to punch him in the doughnut holes, and I don't think I find enough humour in what he's saying to get past that.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Colbert is going to try to inject his hackneyed political rhetoric into the show and get his corny ass knocked straight back to Cable.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I get that entirely. You're right. And yet, I want to argue with you and tell you he's just an unfunny twat. Internet rage, and all that.

But, yeah. His delivery makes me want to punch him in the doughnut holes, and I don't think I find enough humour in what he's saying to get past that.
Norm McDonald is basically a big collection of dad-jokes, but without a filter based on age.

I'll laugh like a retard at some of his work, and sit there going "Alright guy, you have paused enough today" during others. I think he's genuinely funny, but I also don't think he works his material out very much prior to his appearances, so a good deal is off the cuff, which takes him a minute to pull together. Leads to some disjointed seeming bits.