The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I beat it the day I got it, played it for like 8-10 hours straight... lol.

I have no idea if you can upgrade the sword, shield, armor, or any items. I beat everything with basic shit. Might play the Hero mode thing.

ALTTP was a much more difficult game, mainly cause a lot of the abusive mechanics of the A.I.

I didn't die once... I know for a fact I died to Ganon like 5 times before I beat him in LTTP, god he was so fucking annoying as a kid. Small things like the rats being so much faster, the third boss going fucking crazy and repeatedly knocking me to the floor below, the 3 assholes burrowers in the sand dungeon and you don't know which way they're going to go flying so even if you sword them as soon as they pop out of the ground you still take damage, etc.

Were there running boots in this game? I never found any...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You played it for 10 hours and never got an upgrade to those items? Did you spend 6 hours running into a tree?

The Master

Bronze Squire
It'd be pretty easy to miss if you skipped all the dungeon chests, they are optional after all, and didn't talk to anyone...

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got running boots from somewhere, a sword upgrade from 2 dungeons and some item upgrades from the octopus collection. No armor or sheild upgrades though and I'm on the last boss.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Boots from the thief, actually come to think of it you can't skip these, they are part of getting the stone from the Zoras, so if you didn't know you had them you just weren't paying attention.

Three of the Master Ores are in dungeons, so you need to explore a bit to find the 4th for the second sword upgrade.

There are two armor upgrades, though one is in the final dungeon and would only really ever matter in the very final fight. The other is in a main dungeon.

Ditto shield is in a dungeon.

If you guys struggled with ALTTP as kids you should check out the speed runs, although they just might make you feel bad.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought it was weird that I seemed able to skip the second half of turtle rock, I assume that some of those are in there.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Beat the game and was wondering...

Maybe they should've just let Lorule stay fucked up and started a Legend of Hilda series? Or maybe they still can?

They could've used Ravio.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It'd be pretty easy to miss if you skipped all the dungeon chests, they are optional after all, and didn't talk to anyone...
My point is that the game wouldn't even take close to 10 hours if you skipped everything like that.

The Master

Bronze Squire
My point is that the game wouldn't even take close to 10 hours if you skipped everything like that.
Ah, point. I just checked and I have just shy of 18 hours on my file, which is 100% complete (including all the random treasure rooms, literally nothing left in the game).

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm taking as long as I possibly can to finish this. Rushing through this is like rushing the best sex of your life.

Daedricdigger_sl

shitlord
I like the references to the previous Zelda games. Like in one of the caves you find a person who says "Its a secret to everybody". And a merchant says "Buy somethin will ya" (its written backwards). I hope to beat the first quest quickly and then replay it on "hard" mode. The map and the music certainly gives the game that nostalgic factor even though it is practically an all new game.

I somehow got to fight a shadowlink from a streetpass somehow, but I have never left my house to streetpass someone. If only you could actually fight another link via wireless that would be pretty cool. However I am old and don't have any friends who have this game.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Late to the party, but just got this game (along with a 3ds XL. Meth head roommate pawned my old one...) and I gotta say it's hard to put down! Brings me back to when I was a kid playing LttP for the first time.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Bought Link Between Worlds with a Gamestop gift card and it's AWESOME. Perfect balance of familiarity and freshness. Having played the shit out of Link to the Past (I've gotten 100% in one sitting on multiple occasions), it felt so good to be able to re-visit a familiar world full of new challenges.

While it's nice to have the freedom to go wherever I want whenever I want, I have to admit I get annoyed when I can't figure out how to access a certain part of the map. I'm also baffled that, after passing several dungeons, I have yet to find the sprint shoes. I feel like I must have missed something obvious or skipped something I was expected to do earlier. All in all an outstanding game, though.

It's been a while since the topic was mentioned, but I also subscribe to the "Zelda timeline is bullshit" train of thought. The grand majority of the Zelda games were designed to be self-contained titles that shared themes, gameplay elements, enemies, etc, but they were clearly never intended to work together as part of a unified timeline. It's one thing when fans waste time trying to put things together that were never meant to go together, but it's more annoying still when Nintendo feels the need to release an "official" timeline that's awkward and adds nothing to the mythos when they should have just said "They don't officially connect and they never did. Get over it."

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
While it's nice to have the freedom to go wherever I want whenever I want, I have to admit I get annoyed when I can't figure out how to access a certain part of the map. I'm also baffled that, after passing several dungeons, I have yet to find the sprint shoes. I feel like I must have missed something obvious or skipped something I was expected to do earlier. All in all an outstanding game, though.
The sprinter guy who stole the smooth egg has them. The kid will tell you how to get them from him.

Playing LTTP gives you a slight disadvantage for solving this puzzle, since you expect to have them already to make the interaction.