The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Taking a real ass beating from the first miniboss of Zora domain. Feels like I shouldn't be fighting it yet.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This game is incredible. Went into an area a little outside my difficulty (only done the two towns to the west and just reached Zora's Domain) since I don't fancy tackling the giant elephant yet.

Just climbed the Central Tower (Hyrule Field and Castle) dodging lasers from two stationary guardians. Just before that I did the nearby Shrine and it was huge. Going near the Castle next since I'm doing the regain memories quest. I'll try parrying those lazers!

You guys seen the giant spider crawling over the volcano? You can sometimes see some kind of giant serpent thing in the jungle to the south too.

Not had any durability issues, I usually just use what the monsters drop and save the nice stuff for emergencies.

Sledgehammers mine ore by the way and doesn't appear to lose durability doing it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This sounds really corny, but it feels more like an adventure than a game. Like when Skyrim came out, except you literally do and climb anything you can think of. The physics system is amazeballs, it seems like there is 10 solutions to every problem/fight.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Wii U version looks beautiful on my 59 inch plasma. No regrets on saving $300.

yeah fuck it, I purchased it digitally on the Wii U. I've been watching some streams on twitch of people playing it on the Wii U, looks fine to me..

Not gonna stress it and look for a Switch, they're sold out everywhere in my area. I'll just wait until Black Friday or when Mario World comes out.

I havent played my Wii U since Mario Kart came out. At least the damn thing will finally get some playing time!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Popped this in the Wii U to check it out. Seems fine to me, looks great on the Wii U. Can't wait to get to this.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can't stop playing. Just beat elephant dungeon. So much challenge, the puzzles dont immediatly even look like puzzles. I spent 15 minutes wondering why the dungeon was empty (it wasnt). Oh my god this game.

Could it be the best game of all time? It's certainly better than Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you are running BOTW on wii u CFW, don't forget to download the new DLC they added yesterday - its only 1 megabyte download so far, but adds some costumes and stuff and later will add more content (its the "season pass"). You can download and install just the dlc if you already have the game/update installed for USA, but keep in mind you must have mocha running to allow the game to see the DLC.

C4o1CaHVYAAsz6P.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've been mostly playing this in bed on the Wii U gamepad. Very impressed so far. I love being able to just climb all over the place.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Reviews are saying that this is one of the greatest games ever made - would you guys agree?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Reviews are saying that this is one of the greatest games ever made - would you guys agree?
Its quite possible, im only about 10-15 or so hours in, but im just exploring, and probably have 10 percent of the game done maybe? maybe a little more.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just left Kakariko last night, so it's way too soon to tell. Definitely a great game. Like a mix of OoT and Skyrim. I don't feel the same magic as I did when playing Majora's Mask, for instance, but that could also be due to age. It's hard to put down, and that's one of the best things I can say about a game.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I read a review (sorry can't remember which one) that compared this to the very first Zelda and I have to agree. Obviously mechanics and graphics are 100% not the same. But there is a feeling that you can interact with everything in this world and that there are hidden secrets everywhere waiting to be found.

The game is HUGE and it's actually difficult. I've run into several oh shit moments where I just high tailed it.

Best game ever? I'll let you know, but it's definitely worth playing and definitely one of the best experiences in gaming in a long time.

Edit: I don't think I'm the first to make this comparison, but Zelda Souls feels right to me.

Malkav

French Madman
The mentioned difficulty is kind of a dealbreaker for me.
I've never played Zelda games for their difficulty. If I wanted a Souls game I'd play a Souls game.

• 1Salty

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
How would you guys compare it to Skyrim in terms of world size, open-endedness, etc?