The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Well, I guess if it is worth it for Eli to pay $360 for the Switch and Zelda, it's his call obviously. Aside from Mario Kart, and the soon to be delayed Odyssey (Have this affirmed but they are holding back the announcement because they think it will cause switch sales to stagnate until next year, rightfully so) and he plays portable a lot and wants that, it's up to him. I may get one eventually, depending on what comes out for it, but for me personally I am done plunking down $300 to play 3 games. 2 of which now I have already beaten to death and enjoyed on my Wii U.

Koizumi (the producer of Mario Odyssey and Deputy GM of Nintendo's entire software division EPD) has said the game was pretty much complete when asked about it at the Switch launch. Sounds like they just plan to space out their first party titles throughout the year so prevent publishing gaps like the Wii U had. Nintendo generally doesn't delay games after giving them a firm launch window - which is why they almost never announce them until they are ready. Mainline Zelda is really the only series that regularly gets delayed.

They know they need a killer title for Holidays to sell with the Switch, just like they knew they needed BotW finished for Switch launch and went into overdrive the final 5 months (after rumors of more delays).

Here's a question.. How the hell is the Wii U nearly the same price as the Switch?

Economics. It's not being produced any more, and they know they will eventually sell out any remaining stock they have so there's no reason to lower the price. Heck the final Wii U's may already be sold to retailers - supposedly Nintendo hasn't made any new batches in over 14 months. It's about to be a collectors item.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Here's a question.. How the hell is the Wii U nearly the same price as the Switch?

The Wii U has been jailbroken. Being able to play its entire library for free is keeping demand high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The Wii U has been jailbroken. Being able to play its entire library for free is keeping demand high.

Was just about to say this. When you can download any games, including VC, off the Eshop for free, without recourse, it's pretty hard to say no to that.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I guess there's no question that I have an insurmountable backlog of games to play as I have absolutely zero desire to hack my Wii U. I already have the full NES and SNES library on a hacked Wii, which is all I really care about. Beyond the obvious fact that I could play Wii U games, is there any other reason that I would want a hacked U instead of the regular Wii?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I guess there's no question that I have an insurmountable backlog of games to play as I have absolutely zero desire to hack my Wii U. I already have the full NES and SNES library on a hacked Wii, which is all I really care about. Beyond the obvious fact that I could play Wii U games, is there any other reason that I would want a hacked U instead of the regular Wii?

Naw, just the Wii U games, but you could also play Zelda BOTW for free as well.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't done everything in the game yet, but went ahead and beat the final boss

Ganon was so easy. Beat him first try. "Good" ending was very disappointing....was expecting a lot more closure or showing the various towns post-Ganon or something.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just finished this. Amazing journey but the ending left me a little hollow. Almost like a movie that leaves you to fill in the blanks. It could be said there was a little emotional heft in doing that.

I'd rank it just behind OoT but only because of nostalgia. It was a joy every second. Last fight with Ganon was lackluster. Fucking Lynels are way harder than him. Overall, I'm gonna miss the world as I eventually move on to another game.

Looking forward to the sequel on the Switch U in 2023.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Just finished this. Amazing journey but the ending left me a little hollow. Almost like a movie that leaves you to fill in the blanks. It could be said there was a little emotional heft in doing that.

I'd rank it just behind OoT but only because of nostalgia. It was a joy every second. Last fight with Ganon was lackluster. Fucking Lynels are way harder than him. Overall, I'm gonna miss the world as I eventually move on to another game.

I saw something on YouTube that made me fire this game back up to mess around with, and now even Lynels are cake.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I agree that the ending seemed a little shallow, when compared to the rest of the game, which was fan-fucking-tastic. By the time I went to the castle, I was pretty beefed up with hearts, armor, and weapons, and stomped the final part of the game in a little over an hour. But for me, the journey was worth it. Probably the best game I've ever played. It took me almost two months, and 90 hours to beat (I know, but I took my time because I didn't want to miss anything), and I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved that you could literally go to the very corners of every part of the map, and not only go there, but there was usually a shrine or something else there to explore for doing it. I loved the first time I saw a shooting star in the game and realized that they actually had a part in the game and found a star fragment on the ground. I loved the dragons and that they too played a part in the game. I was just blown away by how amazing the entire game was.

By the way, did anyone here ever get the rare horse that spawned on top of that mountain? I only ever saw him once, when the whole mountain was lit up, but I didn't know what the fuck was up there and spooked him off, and no matter how many times I returned to that spot, he never appeared again. Was probably the only thing I didn't accomplish that I really wanted to.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
First DLC came out today. trial of the sword and hard mode. Been dicking around with the trial and it's pretty tough actually.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've ran into a Golden Boko and Liza so far, and fuck I'm gonna hate to see the Golden Moblin/Lynel(I've only heard of 1 being in the world so far)

And also on the "Lord of the Mountain" I haven't figured out how he excalty spawns, but you can see the light on the other side of Hyrule field , nice horse but you can't do anything with him, as soon as you get off him he runs off =/

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I agree that the ending seemed a little shallow, when compared to the rest of the game, which was fan-fucking-tastic. By the time I went to the castle, I was pretty beefed up with hearts, armor, and weapons, and stomped the final part of the game in a little over an hour. But for me, the journey was worth it. Probably the best game I've ever played. It took me almost two months, and 90 hours to beat (I know, but I took my time because I didn't want to miss anything), and I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved that you could literally go to the very corners of every part of the map, and not only go there, but there was usually a shrine or something else there to explore for doing it. I loved the first time I saw a shooting star in the game and realized that they actually had a part in the game and found a star fragment on the ground. I loved the dragons and that they too played a part in the game. I was just blown away by how amazing the entire game was.

By the way, did anyone here ever get the rare horse that spawned on top of that mountain? I only ever saw him once, when the whole mountain was lit up, but I didn't know what the fuck was up there and spooked him off, and no matter how many times I returned to that spot, he never appeared again. Was probably the only thing I didn't accomplish that I really wanted to.

Yeah definitely one of my favorite games ever played. It was nice to be able to actually explore based off what you saw rather than a check box on a map. I need to start again and play more because I missed about 50% of the game I think when I decided ok, time to win this beast.

Hopefully you collected all the photo's because that spawns the extended ending, even though that was still a bit short.

Overall, every Open world RPG should strive to be like this in the open world. Freedom to climb anything, do anything, etc. Would have been nice to have more dungeons (Like 4 more and a few regular style dungeons other than the puzzle machines) and still would have been nice to have this on a beefy machine that could make it look 100% better than it did (Although it still looked good in 720p on my Wii U) but still, the gameplay and exploration pieces more than made up for it.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I know I'm late to the party on this game, but damn this is impressive. The complete open feeling of exploration is just fantastic, and I love that there are multiple ways to approach problems.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wow I suck at this game, lol. Just got the quest for Captured Memories and started looking for them thinking that I may have seen those areas before. I am getting totally wrecked and have no idea where to go from here as this is clearly much higher level than I should be.

For shrines -- should I always get HP or is stamina actually needed?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Wow I suck at this game, lol. Just got the quest for Captured Memories and started looking for them thinking that I may have seen those areas before. I am getting totally wrecked and have no idea where to go from here as this is clearly much higher level than I should be.

For shrines -- should I always get HP or is stamina actually needed?

I think prevailing thought is get enough hearts to get the master sword which is around 1 row(14 or 15 iirc), then dump the rest into stamina until you have full stamina which is 3 rings total then dump the rest back into hearts.