The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Crisco

A greasy jar
Wow I suck at this game, lol. Just got the quest for Captured Memories and started looking for them thinking that I may have seen those areas before. I am getting totally wrecked and have no idea where to go from here as this is clearly much higher level than I should be.

For shrines -- should I always get HP or is stamina actually needed?
Weapons get better as you kill more enemies. So they will die faster and you will learn how to dodge/parry to make them easy enough on normal. Guardians you just need to plow through until you learn how to kill them. Reflecting their shot with shield if fastest way but it will cause you to learn the timing. I think the learning curve is pretty good and you should just get better over time.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Weapons get better as you kill more enemies. So they will die faster and you will learn how to dodge/parry to make them easy enough on normal. Guardians you just need to plow through until you learn how to kill them. Reflecting their shot with shield if fastest way but it will cause you to learn the timing. I think the learning curve is pretty good and you should just get better over time.

In other words: git gud fgt

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wow I suck at this game, lol. Just got the quest for Captured Memories and started looking for them thinking that I may have seen those areas before. I am getting totally wrecked and have no idea where to go from here as this is clearly much higher level than I should be.

For shrines -- should I always get HP or is stamina actually needed?
It's pretty easy to find the mays for Heart capacity increasing food so I always upgraded stamina (until I couldn't).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Got my Master Sword and cleared the first Divine Beast. Attempted to do Trial of the Sword because at this point, I'm just exploring everywhere and opening up shrines when I find them. Probably my biggest issue currently in the game is rupee count. I've never had more than 600, so I can't buy armor at this point (I'm at <100). What is the best rupee farming strat? I tried the chest gambling game but it's too random and takes too much time.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Got my Master Sword and cleared the first Divine Beast. Attempted to do Trial of the Sword because at this point, I'm just exploring everywhere and opening up shrines when I find them. Probably my biggest issue currently in the game is rupee count. I've never had more than 600, so I can't buy armor at this point (I'm at <100). What is the best rupee farming strat? I tried the chest gambling game but it's too random and takes too much time.

Unless your planning to upgrade "everything" sell your gems, diamonds are kinda mehh but required if you want too re-acquire the champion weapons(only use I found for them, I think there is 1 quest that requires them, don't remember).... I'd look up what items you want to upgrade before though my game I only upgraded the Zora, and The Wild set too max the rest didn't seem worth it.

Last edited:

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've gotten a lot of gems but I noticed in the description that it says that they have other uses for them, so I tried to avoid selling them. What's the best place to grab diamonds? Just keep bombing those dark stones and hope for them?

What about the Star Fragments?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There is a repeatable quest you can nab after you free Zora's Domain for diamonds(10 Luminous Stone for 1 Diamond)

Gems can be used to get jewelry(in Gerudo Town), albeit you will have armor that does all the same stuff the jewelry does(just a different look really)

Star Fragments are used for Final upgrades for "named" sets(not including Zora, Zora requires Opal gems for the final upgrade), Wild, Time, Wind, Hero, Twilight sets

Honestly look up what you want to upgrade/use and decide what you want to do from there.. or start selling Monster gibs =p that's what I did at the end only kept Hinox/Lynel stuff *shrug*

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished the game with tons of gems because I was afraid to sell them. Such a waste in hindsight.

Best rupee farm is the rock climbing event near death mountain. Very fast, just minutes per run, and easy to get 700+ rupees per run. Get climbing gear and max your stamina wheel.

Crisco

A greasy jar
The side games are easy to farm rupees, like the snow bowling or the gliding from the tower. Fastest is to sell gems, you get way to many.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Snowling is easily the fastest rupee farming method. There's one spot you can get a strike every time. You can get 1k rupees in like, I dunno, 10-20 mins? Getting enough cash for 4th fairy and some armor sets can take time, but it's not that bad really.

4th fairy is totally worth it btw, fully upgraded armor is OP as fuck.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Snowling is easily the fastest rupee farming method. There's one spot you can get a strike every time. You can get 1k rupees in like, I dunno, 10-20 mins? .

If your numbers are accurate, that is not the fastest, by a longshot. The climbing mini game has at least double that rate, if not 4x if it takes the full 20 min to get 1k in the bowling game. You can get about 800 every 3-4 minutes climbing.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
between each blood-moon I'd run around Zora's domain, and Death Mountain area and just nab all the gems I could get, and sell them off helped I didn't have the master sword, so was still searching for shrines..

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Snowling is the fastest almost guaranteed, at least of the mini games. No idea if there is a farming route for gems or something that's better

Siliconemelons

you just want monies?

get a bunch of arrows - get some wood and a fire sword or 2... go to the lake that the lightning dragon spawns - set up kinda in the back - and under something because it rains a shitton there- set your wood- ignight it, sleep to evening, as you "wake up" its spawning- shoot arrow (you will get the spot after a few times)- light fire, sleep to night, do this over and over and over - the scales/claws/horns persist throughout sleeping- collect and then sell for tons of money.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
you just want monies?

get a bunch of arrows - get some wood and a fire sword or 2... go to the lake that the lightning dragon spawns - set up kinda in the back - and under something because it rains a shitton there- set your wood- ignight it, sleep to evening, as you "wake up" its spawning- shoot arrow (you will get the spot after a few times)- light fire, sleep to night, do this over and over and over - the scales/claws/horns persist throughout sleeping- collect and then sell for tons of money.

Apparently it's north of 50k rupees per hour doing this.

Siliconemelons

Apparently it's north of 50k rupees per hour doing this.

Yeah, its tedious and you will loose some of the items - I had a few bug out, esp the ones that fall in the water then get carried away- but I only did like 10 cycles and only ended up with 4 things... it really is only good if you dedicate some time to do it- sit down and just do it a TON, then just collect all the land-fallen ones and you are sitting on piles of money- if you go swimming after the ones in the water and the ones that go down the waterfall you waste way to much time, and its annoying, and those are the most likely ones to bug out between sleep cycles as their positions are wonky.

I was just testing the theory, and it is sound and does work.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If you want to save the fire over and over(won't need a fire weapon this way), set a torch on the ground were it is touching the fire, "permanent" fire as long as the torch is sitting on the ground, I only farmed the dragon this way once, for what I needed for Wild set, never thought of selling the loots rofl, like the cooking bonus's with the stuff though !

Siliconemelons

Thats a good idea about the torch, they do not get consumed while on fire on the ground- I bet any wood weapon may work... just keep out of the rain...that stupid place rains so much... I hated that "area" I spend like 5 min there...

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Thats a good idea about the torch, they do not get consumed while on fire on the ground- I bet any wood weapon may work... just keep out of the rain...that stupid place rains so much... I hated that "area" I spend like 5 min there...

There is a cave, were the dragon actually "spawns" it's a bit north of him, has some lightning keese in it, setup there wait til morning, use updraft too float up a bit, aim arrow at what part you want, wait for "shiny" too start falling, then wait till morning over and over and over, there is a bit of downtime when he spawns but it's pretty fast, most of the parts will land on the upper terrace this way also.