The Little Mermaid (2023)

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey if they want a black character in the movie they can cast Lesie as Ursula, they're practically the same.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel like this wouldn't have been as big of a deal if they cast an attractive black actress.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit might as well push the progressive line and cast a black guy to play Ariel, like Kayne or Terry Crews, have you sen him in the Old Spice commercials?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Woke twist: Ariel is a crippled black girl after she changes and the moral of the story will be about how abandoning her place in the water makes her stronger because she becomes even more brave and beautiful. Oh, and the water kingdom she leaves behind will be full of white actors, showing how she don't need white society to be happy.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Like who gives a fuck. It's based off a cartoon about fictional creature (a mermiad). Not like a black person is playing the role of Mulan or Pocahontas(who was an actual real person). People are so uptight these days.

Lion King can't have Jeremy Irons as scar because its blackness is important, due to it being a "fairy tale from Africa" (Not really though, its an original property stolen from a Japanese Anime). Danish fairy tale from the 1800's though? Fine to culturally enrich.

People don't really give a shit of race mix and match. They care about the hypocrisy and double standards. 20 years ago ironically I wouldn't have cared about this, but the amount of grief everyone has gotten because some stupid Egyptian God is white, or other fictional figures like Avatar ended up being white, has made it so ignoring the hypocrisy is a beyond the pale for most people. Don't piss on my head and say its raining, don't claim this isn't allowed in one case and in another case with the SAME context its an example of justice.

And I'm not sure if you guys realize...Its 2019, being colorblind isn't "woke" anymore, its racist.

So you fellas need to start noticing the color of these brave, beautiful people--stop white supremacy.

• 1Like
  • 1Tiresome

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looking at this picture does not make me think of a wholesome Disney. She makes a very nice mermaid.
View attachment 214317

If she actually had the role locked up and then dropped it, something is seriously wrong with that girl and good riddance. This is not a role you just give up to do self assessment.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If she actually had the role locked up and then dropped it, something is seriously wrong with that girl and good riddance. This is not a role you just give up to do self assessment.
It's not like beauty and the beast revitalized Emma Watson's career, or like Aladdin did anything for the people in that movie.

I can think of several reasons why Chloe grace Moretz dropped out and we've been discussing them in this thread

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's not like beauty and the beast revitalized Emma Watson's career, or like Aladdin did anything for the people in that movie.

I can think of several reasons why Chloe grace Moretz dropped out and we've been discussing them in this thread

I've read this entire thread.
I'm not even talking about how it'll effect their career.
This is a movie role that is extremely rare to get.. The movie could be poised to do a billion+ putting it in the top echelon of films and it'll be replayed and released for generations.
You don't go into acting without wanting to be in the spotlight and this is one of the grandest stages

• 1Garbage

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Woke twist: Ariel is a crippled black girl after she changes and the moral of the story will be about how abandoning her place in the water makes her stronger because she becomes even more brave and beautiful. Oh, and the water kingdom she leaves behind will be full of white actors, showing how she don't need white society to be happy.

If they're going that route, I hope they advertise one way flights to Africa during the beginning ads. Maybe throw in some Wakanda tours and how cheap Africa is to live in.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
dude, she's like 20 something now. her pedo days are long over. she also didnt grow up hot. she has a sour face.

Totally agree. There's a pretty cringy scene in Kick Ass 2 where she puts on makeup and is supposed to be "beautiful", but she's still completely outclassed by all the other girls in the scene. Like's basically the DUFF. (Don't worry, I punched myself in the dick for using the term duff)

• 2Like