The Lord of the Rings

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Which series compares best to it's source material? Wheel of Time or Rings of Power?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Which series compares best to it's source material? Wheel of Time or Rings of Power?
This shit is bad, but WoT was literally kicking the source material in the dick while water boarding fans. Not even close to which is worse.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I might be misremembering it. I do remember being pretty bored on the second one up until the dragon. However, thinking back after watching the 2nd one I never did care to go watch the third. Think I caught it like years after and fell asleep twice. I can't remember a single good thing from the third. Or did the third have the dragon in it? Fuck it.

Still Hobbit had a better Sauron story then ROP.
The second movie has the initial scene where Frodo talks to Smaug which is done pretty well. Then it has the painfully retarded scene where Smaug chases the dwarves around Erebor, then flies off towards Laketown to be killed at the beginning of the third movie. Also the second movie turns the 'black arrow' into some special giant mcguffins specially forged by dwarves to slay dragons rather than just some vague poetic family heirloom of the line of Girion.

spronk

FPS noob
Wheel of Time Cast
kRkgPtaWWe9mFwvFDPwpVk.jpg

vs

ROP cast
Lord-of-the-Rings-Cast.jpg

i'd pick ROP as the winner every time, while both shows butchered the source material and are written by retards, ROP at least doesn't look like a fucking shitty weekend college try Medieval Times cosplay con

also some nice tits in ROP, orange dress sister has some huge tracts of land while every chick is WOT is flatter than the dark one's seal

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sucked it up and tried to watch this for one of my goofy friends. Aside from the dwarves and Adar this did not hold my attention.

My friend list will be pruned.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I watched the first of the Hobbit trilogy with high hopes. I still can't square up how it went so wrong when LotR was so fantastic.

I never watched 2 and 3 from the Hobbit, until today.

Some guys have been working on a fan edit these last many years and it it was pretty good, not amazing, but worth watching.
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:acaddf4dfee5d8319f35a0ec24c4f2ed350ffd65&dn=The%20Hobbit%20-%20M4%20Book%20Edit

Maybe in seven years this TV show will be worth watching.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I watched the first of the Hobbit trilogy with high hopes. I still can't square up how it went so wrong when LotR was so fantastic.
The problem was clear was the moment they announced it would be a fucking trilogy based on a book that was shorter than The Two Towers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Willing to bet The Hobbit was created entirely to showcase shit the books only eluded to, whether that should have been 3 movies or 2 would be anyones guess. What I don't understand at all, is them taking Wormtongue 2.0 and giving him more/worse screen time. Movies would have been infinitely better by removing 90% of laketown scenes from them. Dwarves show up to get supplies, barter for 1/13th the treasure if they succeed, dwarves leave. Cuts out at least half the total run time alone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
while every chick is WOT is flatter than the dark one's seal
You mean more than Numenorian manboob armor Elendil is wearing. +1 for his did-not-exist-daughter's milkshakes, that was the best part of RoP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
What is more retarded?

A) Spending 20 minutes luring a fire proof dragon to a mold of a giant dwarf which you just filled with gold, breaking it and covering the dragon with gold, which it immediately shakes off without injury because dragons are well known to breathe fire and therefore be fireproof.

B) Spending 6 episodes of suspence with a blood eating sword which could be Sauron in disguse, which is actually a magic key to remove one regular brick from a dam, which floods a dormant volcano with water which erupts and covers the cast in 400+ degree pyroclastic flow which makes one person blind and everyone else is unharmed?

C) Legolas using a sheild to skateboard down some stairs while he shoots orcs. Later he turns into CGI and kills a giant elephant, but it still only counts as one? Later but also before, Legolas jumping up a falling staircase and somehow gaining upwards momentum against gravity, all to save the pretty beardless dwarf boyfriend who cucked you, failing to save him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What is more retarded?

A) Spending 20 minutes luring a fire proof dragon to a mold of a giant dwarf which you just filled with gold, breaking it and covering the dragon with gold, which it immediately shakes off without injury because dragons are well known to breathe fire and therefore be fireproof.

B) Spending 6 episodes of suspence with a blood eating sword which could be Sauron in disguse, which is actually a magic key to remove one regular brick from a dam, which floods a dormant volcano with water which erupts and covers the cast in 400+ degree pyroclastic flow which makes one person blind and everyone else is unharmed?

C) Legolas using a sheild to skateboard down some stairs while he shoots orcs. Later he turns into CGI and kills a giant elephant, but it still only counts as one? Later but also before, Legolas jumping up a falling staircase and somehow gaining upwards momentum against gravity, all to save the pretty beardless dwarf boyfriend who cucked you, failing to save him.
D) you mashing together the Legolas stunts from LotR with the Hobbit

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just read some interview with the show runners where they talked about how clever they were for hinting halbrand is sauron in the very first episode.

Can't wait till they show us their circle jerk at how amazing they think they are when they finally show that the stranger is gandalf.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't wait till they show us their circle jerk at how amazing they think they are when they finally show that the stranger is gandalf.
Better yet they're gonna realize everybody figured their stupid shit out, throw a temper tantrum, rewrite him to actually be someone else, and be like 'haha yall got it wrong'

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While the casting sucked I thought each proved themselves decent enough, except the queen bitch. Still I'm willing to give all the actors in this shit show a pass because I know for a fact it was backed by horrible writing and shitty directing.

• 2Picard

velk

Trakanon Raider
i'd pick ROP as the winner every time, while both shows butchered the source material and are written by retards, ROP at least doesn't look like a fucking shitty weekend college try Medieval Times cosplay con

also some nice tits in ROP, orange dress sister has some huge tracts of land while every chick is WOT is flatter than the dark one's seal

I have to agree - although I'd make the distinction that butchering the 'source material' means different things when one of the them is a coherent and well-written story and the other is cliff's notes on background of things that were mentioned briefly in a different story.

You are 100% right on the shitty production values though - but if WoT had the same budget and production values as RoP I would probably be even more pissed off at how badly they wasted it on the shitty writing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have to agree - although I'd make the distinction that butchering the 'source material' means different things when one of the them is a coherent and well-written story and the other is cliff's notes on background of things that were mentioned briefly in a different story.

You are 100% right on the shitty production values though - but if WoT had the same budget and production values as RoP I would probably be even more pissed off at how badly they wasted it on the shitty writing.
They are both pretty much cliff notes. The Fire and Blood one is longer but it's not a novel.

House of the Dragon has some maybe motivation changes (the book is purposefully written with unreliable narrators recounting events), but Rings of Power is totally different from the source material.

It's fine to like RoP more than HoD though I'll disagree, but these claims about book faithfulness are retarded.

spronk

FPS noob
nielsen lags on rating release numbers by a month, they just released the Oct 10th ratings which was the season finale for ROP and episode 9 (of 10) for HOTD

509gwn2e87z91.jpg

no surprise, all the youtube "ROP showrunners are ded! amazon is pissed!!!" clickbaiters are wrong as usual, show did extremely well for amazon.

HOTD likely outscored it since these numbers are streaming only and not including cable networks, but then again amazon prime is only streaming not cable either. Netflix still runs the streaming biz though, virtually everything is Netflix all year. Disney+ didn't even show in the top 10 with She Hulk or Andor, Andor had ~350m minutes that week (sadge). Goddamn people still watching season 12 or whatever of Blacklist and NCIS, lol

a lot of overlap, basically 40% of people watched both.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
no surprise, all the youtube "ROP showrunners are ded! amazon is pissed!!!" clickbaiters are wrong as usual, show did extremely well for amazon.

I can't remember where I saw it, but it was a person talking about how we will never actually know how well the show did for Amazon, because Amazon has something none of the other streaming services do when it comes to their shows--Amazon sells things.

A pair of eyes watching an amazon show has the potential to be far more lucrative than any other streaming service. When they watch a show, how many people buy a book, toy, movie, etc based on that property through Amazon after? How many people are new amazon customers who buy anything that they would have bought elsewhere before?

Amazon's vectors for profitability on any given show are way wider than any other streaming service.