The Lord of the Rings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are...

is...

collectable covers? wtf.
its the same scam DC and Marvel use to artificially jack up comic book sales. they call them "variant covers" they force comic book distributors to buy x number of comic books and they have to buy x amount of variants as well even though nobody cares about those. so they are forced to purchase the variants, when they dont sell, the the comic book store has to eat the loss and goes out of business because DC or Marvel wont buy them back. this scam will destroy both comic book companies and it wont be later it will be sooner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
how does a primarily subterranean species acquire dark skin?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
how does a primarily subterranean species acquire dark skin?

natural selection in an underground system would create a population that is predominantly pale skinned due to no sunlight (melatonin) HOWEVER then natural selection would also favor any genetic errors that create dark skinned families that are able to completely hide from the others and prey upon them at will.

In essence dark skinned genetic variants would be the vampires and apex predators of the ecosystem, similar to Morbius or drow. They in turn would likely be preyed upon by further genetic mutations like night/infra vision, psionic abilities, etc.

the true leader of the dwarves in this series should be a black Mind Flayer

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But because races can no longer be inherently evil, this mindflayer reached zhir position of honor in dwarf society by helping the dwarves deal with traumatic memories and consuming their biased schema constructs within their minds in order to help them lead a kinder, more intersectional life. They will have overcome the gold lust of the dwarves by embracing anti-capitalist communal living.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its the same scam DC and Marvel use to artificially jack up comic book sales. they call them "variant covers" they force comic book distributors to buy x number of comic books and they have to buy x amount of variants as well even though nobody cares about those. so they are forced to purchase the variants, when they dont sell, the the comic book store has to eat the loss and goes out of business because DC or Marvel wont buy them back. this scam will destroy both comic book companies and it wont be later it will be sooner.

It's nothing new. I remember they did it with Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man back in the early 90s.

Normal, Silver, Gold, and Platinum variants of the same cover artwork.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, tossing out the old White Dwarf 10 year issue cover out for no particular reason.

page_1.jpg

I dug out the old Middle-Earth Role Playing Game Handbook and looked up dwarves (93-116) and there is zero mention of dark skin so, as far as the show is concerned, it ain't lore.

I'd forgotten just how awesome the Crit Hit tables were in that game (72-116), some of the descriptions really gave an insight in to the sheer sadistic nature of the writers.

"Upper chest strike. Knocked 10 feet sideways. Fall down and break both arms. A 2 month coma results".

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, tossing out the old White Dwarf 10 year issue cover out for no particular reason.

page_1.jpg

I dug out the old Middle-Earth Role Playing Game Handbook and looked up dwarves (93-116) and there is zero mention of dark skin so, as far as the show is concerned, it ain't lore.

I'd forgotten just how awesome the Crit Hit tables were in that game (72-116), some of the descriptions really gave an insight in to the sheer sadistic nature of the writers.

"Upper chest strike. Knocked 10 feet sideways. Fall down and break both arms. A 2 month come results".

He's just covered in soot from working hard in the mines/forges. You know, working? Contributing to the betterment of society? Putting in effort and getting something in return?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

page_1.jpg

"Upper chest strike. Knocked 10 feet sideways. Fall down and break both arms. A 2 month come results".
We played multiple campaigns of MERP back in college. Campaigns were set after the war of the ring. That system is just nice and elegant, and an open-ended crit roll where you end up decapitating something was just a lot of fun. But then somebody would do a party encounter roll, and open ended low that son of a bitch, and suddenly your ambushed by a dragon. But those wild swings we're just a lot of fun because crazy things could happen. Everybody had favorites on the crit tables.

The only issue I ever really had with it was that after the course of a long campaign, the players are just going to take more high rolls against them over time, and somebody's going to end up getting slaughtered. We had a few people and that had to reroll characters. But even the lowliest orc, or second level Ranger could potentially best a powerful character / npc, and that powerful warrior could easily chop of their own leg.

Such good times.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He's just covered in soot from working hard in the mines/forges. You know, working? Contributing to the betterment of society? Putting in effort and getting something in return?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Just like with the WoT mess, I’m going to pat myself on the back so hard for not watching a single second of this. I love me and my great taste!

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just like with the WoT mess, I’m going to pat myself on the back so hard for not watching a single second of this. I love me and my great taste!

WoT, Obi-wan, this shit.....haven't watched a minute but i love these threads

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Other than The Boys, Amazon can fuck off. Everything they make just sucks.

• 1Picard