The Lord of the Rings

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just like with the WoT mess, I’m going to pat myself on the back so hard for not watching a single second of this. I love me and my great taste!
I assume all new series/movies are trash until I see otherwise being posted here.

I’m not saying FoH is full of top notch film critics, but this place has been pretty spot on with identifying unnecessary woke shit that will ruin an entire series or movie for me.

It’s not a perfect system but I’d rather someone else suffer through this shit than do it myself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
False. Invincible was great. The Expanse was great (though flat finale).
Amazon has a much better ratio of good shows than any other service. Even upload, Marvelous Miss Maisel are decent. Still pissed I didn't get more Jean Claude van Johnson

The Boys
Invincible
Reacher
Good Omens
Jack Ryan
Bosch
Upload
Grand Tour
Kids in the Hall
Expanse
Maisel
Goliath
Sneaky pete

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Meet Theo, a non-canonical character created by the showrunners and played by an Aussie actor with Arabic roots.

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-power-theo-tyroe-muhafidin.jpg

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just like with the WoT mess, I’m going to pat myself on the back so hard for not watching a single second of this. I love me and my great taste!
My Mom, who is definitely a shitlib, was bitching the other day about how bad WoT was. All I could do was laugh, but I mean I thought the books sucked too so.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
We played multiple campaigns of MERP back in college. Campaigns were set after the war of the ring. That system is just nice and elegant, and an open-ended crit roll where you end up decapitating something was just a lot of fun. But then somebody would do a party encounter roll, and open ended low that son of a bitch, and suddenly your ambushed by a dragon. But those wild swings we're just a lot of fun because crazy things could happen. Everybody had favorites on the crit tables.

The only issue I ever really had with it was that after the course of a long campaign, the players are just going to take more high rolls against them over time, and somebody's going to end up getting slaughtered. We had a few people and that had to reroll characters. But even the lowliest orc, or second level Ranger could potentially best a powerful character / npc, and that powerful warrior could easily chop of their own leg.

Such good times.
Fuckin MERP dude. Still have a lot of those and the rolemaster books in the closet.

Had a friend who loved playing (and DM'ing) the godly elf type. Was fun for a while but one punch manning everything got old. Boy was damned if he wasn't gonna be the most powerful cock in whatever fictitious room we were in, though.

Wonder what happened to him? Heart attack, most like.

1655251982820.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone who thinks Jack Ryan season 2 is good is on drugs. Some of the dumbest shit out there, basically the dramatic version of a fast and furious film with how over the top and unrealistic it was. People get up in arms when a comic character race/sex changes but that show shits all over Jack Ryan the character.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sevens

Log Wizard
My Mom, who is definitely a shitlib, was bitching the other day about how bad WoT was. All I could do was laugh, but I mean I thought the books sucked too so.
The first couple of books were decent (No RR Martin or Tolkein thats for sure) after that it went downhill fast and sucked balls pretty much

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
that sucks about jack ryan, i've only watched season 1 and really enjoyed it but never got around to season 2

anyways first peek at Orcs in Rings of powa

FVySKjMX0AQ35QJ

FVyOvgtXEAIj5W1
Yeah, they look a lot like old white dudes....you know the ones responsible for all the worlds problems

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, they look a lot like old white dudes....you know the ones responsible for all the worlds problems

Well, they are corrupted elves so that'd make sense. If you want black orcs you need to corrupt some of those asslings or dorfs.

It was only the Uruk-hai super soldier equivalent that were generally much different and had a redder skin but I don't even recall if that was mentioned in the books.

• 2Like