The Magicians

Cybsled

I liked his dream team, with dream Margo kicking everyone’s ass.

Julia’s status will be a mystery for a bit longer. The gods hate her for making the keys and her follower got owned. Interesting that the monster doesn’t seem to have any issues with her, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well of course he has no issues with her. She a) freed him and b) has no part of his body.

That bitch Iris got what she deserved though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if the dude is an Egyptian God because those stones look like the containers they put hearts and shit in when being mummified

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
He appears to be way stronger than a god, and the godslayer bullet only killed his host. I figure he is probably the Creator/Father of the gods. They locked him up instead of killing him, so I assume he can't be killed. Maybe at some point he decided he wanted to wipe everything out and start over and the gods banded together to stop him. Taking away his memories to limit his power, so the prison could actually hold him.

• 1Like

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
He appears to be way stronger than a god, and the godslayer bullet only killed his host. I figure he is probably the Creator/Father of the gods. They locked him up instead of killing him, so I assume he can't be killed. Maybe at some point he decided he wanted to wipe everything out and start over and the gods banded together to stop him. Taking away his memories to limit his power, so the prison could actually hold him.

Maybe, but I thought that there was some explanation last season that he/it was created by the gods.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Maybe, but I thought that there was some explanation last season that he/it was created by the gods.

I rewatched the last ep of last season and the jailer girl does say "The gods created something that simply wants..." It's pretty vague, and it's possible the gods and/or Calypso/Prometheus didn't tell her the truth. The only ones in the show who knew anything about the monster (that were still alive) are the jailer, Calypso and in S4 Bacchus. Caly didn't really talk about it, and Q's convo with the jailer is short and not very informative.

"Created" could refer to the process of removing the monster's memories and whatever else they took that resulted in his having the mind of a child.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Iris knew things also. The Maenad that used to serve Bacchus tells them that Iris made Bacchus do some shit, implying something in relation to the monster.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This was a really good episode.

• Finally Alice's plot starts going somewhere
  • Quentin not too much of a whiny bitch
  • Margot Martgoin'
  • Intrigued by the Penny stuff, and nice standup to the horumancer
  • And Marina in those tight leather pants....

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, good episode. Q had some major fucking balls standing up to the monster like that. Margo living up to the "Margo the Destroyer" title was pretty lol. The intentionally mispronouncing the island's name and the "Give me the beets or I'll fucking skin your alpaca children".

Looks like the Hedges are going terrorist vs. the Library now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
"That was an accident ! I don't know how to care intentionally about other people's shit.'

I don't know if it's the writers, the actress, or both, but Margo is such a fun character. Come to think of it, probably my favorite out of anything I'm watching at the moment.

• 3Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I really liked this last episode about the hero isn't who you think it is and side players play a roll. I wonder who died at the end.

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I really liked this last episode about the hero isn't who you think it is and side players play a roll. I wonder who died at the end.

wasn't that Penny meeting himself again from last episode?

edit: nope, seems like it was somebody else

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, it is someone he (Penny 40) knew, which narrows it down slightly (the time mage mother of that kid that kidnapped Penny 23 can probably be ruled out, since Penny 40 didn't meet her).

I doubt it will be a major character, like Kady. However, I have to imagine it is someone the audience has seen before. Also, Penny was taking the elevator up, which means whoever he met in the elevator was either going down or also going up, which would suggest someone working in the library maybe.

I think the most likely option might be Pluber/Plover (the Fillory book author guy). He was in the library previously when he helped Alice, Alice sent him to the Poison Room/Nuclear fallout dimension and trapped him there (which means he probably died), and Penny 40 previously met him during season 1. It would also explain Penny's somewhat awkward reaction.

The other 2ndary option might be the traveller woman who got stuck on the mirror bridge, since Penny also met her previously. This might also help tie in the whole Harriet stuck in the Mirror Dimension full of 'Event Horizon' level horror shit plot that Zelda is tangled in.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
We just started watching this, and holy hell. In season 1, when you find out Eliza was Jane Chatwin (which I expected) and then she immediately dies in a bloody head exploding mess like Oberyn Martell (which I totally didn't expect)

Fuck

• 3Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
This is probably one of the best low fantasy TV series on right now. They even get the progressive shit in there without throwing it in your face. So many likeable characters.

• 3Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
We just started watching this, and holy hell. In season 1, when you find out Eliza was Jane Chatwin (which I expected) and then she immediately dies in a bloody head exploding mess like Oberyn Martell (which I totally didn't expect)

Fuck

And now this next episode with the mindfuck of who Plover really was.

Was not expecting this level of WTF in the twists on this show.

• 2Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
And now this next episode with the mindfuck of who Plover really was.

Was not expecting this level of WTF in the twists on this show.
uhh.. spoilers??

kidding.
Yea, I think this is my favorite show on TV right now. I think s2 was a little weaker compared to s1, but still great. Season 1 was just so good, had so much mystery surrounding everything as they revealed more and more of the world. The suspense/plot twists related to the main plot were so great. Its hard for anything to live up to that and recapture the same magic, but the show still has remained great, imo. Now, it's more about how great the individual characters are, with little mini-stories that are awesome, loosely connecting to a larger plot for the season.

Also, the Beast's introduction scene is still one of the most badass villain intros ever and one of the best scenes the show has ever done to this day.

• 3Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of awesome scenes.. anyone excited for the 2nd musical episode tonight? I am surprised to be looking forward to a musical episode, but after how they did the first one last year, I'm super excited. The 'under pressure' ending scene is probably the 2nd best scene they ever did, behind the Beast's intro.

• 3Like