The Magicians

Bricktop

Trakanon Raider
The Magicians have been renewed for a 5th season. No idea when it will be back though. The episode was great. Very emotional end, could act as a series finale if they wanted, and I would be okay with that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if Julia's condition is legit human or something else. The Binder did say the journey to Goddess would be long and hard. Maybe he picked the Goddess route and this is just a part of that journey again?

Q seems legit dead, but I wonder if that will be the leadin to season 5. We still don't know where that underworld metro goes
He's as legit dead as anyone in that world, but unless the actor didn't wanna be on the show anymore.. I'm thinking that'll be part of the season's arc, getting him back somehow. Maybe Julia does become a Goddess again, or Alice as head of the Library, and figures out where the underworld metro actually goes. Possibly Our Lady Underground actually died to the monster, and Julia takes over some of her responsibilities, which include power over the underworld.

Actually, fuck.. just as I was writing this, I decided to do some googling, and it appears the actor actually is leaving the show, according to the producers. So.... he really is dead. Damn, that sucks. It made for a great moment, but it doesn't feel right. They got him back together with Alice just to make the finale more gut wrenching? That's so shitty. Really, the finale was kind of weak except for that moment and the ending scene. Granted, they were REALLY good scenes, but it feels like they couldn't come up with a satisfactory resolution, so they decided to just do something drastic. It does explain why they moved towards making everyone else the 'main' characters this season, but still..

Oh, and considering it was brought up recently in this thread, guess we are back to making time move differently in fillory?

Cybsled

The Fillory Time thing could maybe be due to the overabundance of magic? Technically from season 2 to season 4, there had been issues with the magic supply in Fillory, so they could maybe use that to explain why the time dilatation effect was muted during that time.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The Fillory Time thing could maybe be due to the overabundance of magic? Technically from season 2 to season 4, there had been issues with the magic supply in Fillory, so they could maybe use that to explain why the time dilatation effect was muted during that time.
that's a fair point
and I'm guessing everett dying unleashed all the magic he had been storing in the reservoir, that he sucked up. That, and I'm also guessing the Library took off their stranglehold on the magic supply with Zelda re-organizing them. That would explain the sudden burst of magic some of them were experiencing. I just hope Elliot and Margo can get back to the other's time period easily, especially Margo and Josh. I'd hate to have them get stranded away from the rest of the group for half the season. I'm liking Josh and Margo's relationship, nice to see Margo be nice at times, and Josh is just goofy and awesome.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am actually in the minority on this but
I am not happy that they killed Quentin off, he gets back with Alice then you kill off the main character of the books? WTF. Kill off Eliot or dead Penny whos annoying as hell. Ill give them props for how we went out but thats it. Now all thats left is Julia becoming a god from the books.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not happy that they killed Quentin off, he gets back with Alice then you kill off the main character of the books? WTF. Kill off Eliot or dead Penny whos annoying as hell. Ill give them props for how we went out but thats it. Now all thats left is Julia becoming a god from the books.

Honestly quins story had come full circle. He started off a self loathing man baby, and over time he lived two lives one full to old age with people he loved and had a child and the other where he finally grew to come to terms with his own failings enough to push past them to still see his love of fillory and alice. At the end when he sacrificed himself it was for the right people and the right reason not because he was self destructive.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly quins story had come full circle. He started off a self loathing man baby, and over time he lived two lives one full to old age with people he loved and had a child and the other where he finally grew to come to terms with his own failings enough to push past them to still see his love of fillory and alice. At the end when he sacrificed himself it was for the right people and the right reason not because he was self destructive.
Oh completely agree, honestly just wish they ended the series there.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
You aren't.
I thought it was a great send off for his character, but I'm not happy he died. I read what the producers said about the decision, and it just seems kind of lazy.. like they wanna distinguish themselves from the book, but doesn't make a ton of sense to kill off the original main character. You can move the show away from his POV without kiling him off, that's basically what they did these last two seasons anyways.

Cybsled

Ya, there was a def shift in the POV, where it moved from him as a central character to much more ensemble, although even in season 3 he was still the central core of the quest. Season 4 was the first where he didn't really feel like the central character, but then they kind of touched on it during the episode where Penny 40 is talking to the guy he thinks is a noob and chastises him for thinking Quentin is the main character in the story.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finally got around to watching the last 6 episodes of this season. I put it on hold so I could re-watch all GoT seasons & marvel movies. That was a pretty great season. Last episode was sad with the song. I dug it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Picked this back up, had stopped watching after season 2. Man, I forgot how huge Alice's chest is...

Also the show is still pretty funny.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There are more absurdly insane pop culture references in this show.

"Napster, like the music sharing site?"

What

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Christ on a cracker, do they even have a marketing budget?

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Caught up. I will say I agree with earlier sentiments about how the season ended, I'm really quite sad about it. It was nice to see them get back together. The show will definitely feel different without him.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Hopefully the solution to the too much magic problem is Julia absorbs it and becomes a god again