The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
Our Twi'lek friend must have gone on the same diet as Cara Dune
It at least makes sense in Star Wars compared to Star Trek where chonk officer is fat in not one but 2 universes and even acceptable in a Hitler verse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Holy fuck, that is Star Wars. I was having a total nerd moment at the end. This felt like such a better sequel to the OT.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Incredible finale.

Where are the haters now?

This show has done a fantastic job at tying in og Star Wars elements, and this episode was the full culmination of that. Gotta give Filoni and Favreau credit, they basically did a mea culpa for Star Wars, they literally tried to repair the good will that was wiped out with episodes 8 and 9. (TFA wasnt really THAT bad, 8 and 9 were just abominations though). What an impressive display of new age combining with legacy elements, just really well done.

Seeing Luke rape was maybe the most satisfying moment in my entire Star Wars viewing life. They couldnt have done a better job.....except with the CGI face. HOLY FUCK WAS IT BAD. It almost...ALMOST pulled me out of the moment. They just cant seem to figure out the mouth. Its the mouth and the softness on the edge of his face. Its crazy cuz like others have said, kids in basements can do a better job. There have been examples in other big budget movies of CGI people looking pretty fucking impressive. The best ever example was the Nex 7 Replicant Rachael in BR 2049. That was almost perfect. The wolverine CGI double from one of the X Men movies when he was walking down the stairs was also a master class in CGI face.

If they would of nailed Luke there it would have really blew everyone's fucking socks off, instead it was 9/10.

Either way it was all phenomenal. I give Moff Gid some respect for that Vaapad power Lightsaber style he has going. He was looking like evil Anakin with all those heavy attacks, was definitely fun to watch. I wish they would show a Trakata lightsaber user. I havent really seen it on screen, there was talk about the style in the EU though. Its basically a stealth/force heavy style that utilizes turning the lightsaber on and off. They would only use it to perform deadly strikes, otherwise they didnt activate it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Incredible finale.

Where are the haters now?

This show has done a fantastic job at tying in og Star Wars elements, and this episode was the full culmination of that. Gotta give Filoni and Favreau credit, they basically did a mea culpa for Star Wars, they literally tried to repair the good will that was wiped out with episodes 8 and 9. (TFA wasnt really THAT bad, 8 and 9 were just abominations though). What an impressive display of new age combining with legacy elements, just really well done.

Seeing Luke rape was maybe the most satisfying moment in my entire Star Wars viewing life. They couldnt have done a better job.....except with the CGI face. HOLY FUCK WAS IT BAD. It almost...ALMOST pulled me out of the moment. They just cant seem to figure out the mouth. Its the mouth and the softness on the edge of his face. Its crazy cuz like others have said, kids in basements can do a better job. There have been examples in other big budget movies of CGI people looking pretty fucking impressive. The best ever example was the Nex 7 Replicant Rachael in BR 2049. That was almost perfect. The wolverine CGI double from one of the X Men movies when he was walking down the stairs was also a master class in CGI face.

If they would of nailed Luke there it would have really blew everyone's fucking socks off, instead it was 9/10.

Either way it was all phenomenal. I give Moff Gid some respect for that Vaapad power Lightsaber style he has going. He was looking like evil Anakin with all those heavy attacks, was definitely fun to watch. I wish they would show a Trakata lightsaber user. I havent really seen it on screen, there was talk about the style in the EU though. Its basically a stealth/force heavy style that utilizes turning the lightsaber on and off. They would only use it to perform deadly strikes, otherwise they didnt activate it.
I always thought it odd in the 80s( even though I saw the movies in the late 70s in theaters I was too young to understand shit till older ) that we only see Luke become powerful for a brief time then that was it. No word if 1-3 and 7-9 was even coming.
Then when we finally see 7-9 decades later, Luke is drinking titty milk and we STILL never saw him really kick ass.
That is why this Mando episode was so satisfying. We finally get a sense what Luke can really do and he did far more than force push and slice. He crushed, he exploded, he did all sorts of powers. I'm going to have to watch it a 3rd time just to see what all abilities he pulled out.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
can anyone confirm the timeline then?

Prequels
OG Trilogy
Mandalorian
KK's horrible sequel trilogy?

I know there's the cartoons, but i never got into them. I might force my boys (8 & 11) to marathon the Prequels/OG/Mandalorian over Xmas break.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
You should watch the animated stuff, it's better than everything that's not the OT.
Also, you're correct on the timeline.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Needs more snapping necks and blasters to the face. They might as well redo episodes 7-9 after this show. fucking epic.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That was pretty good CGI. Not nearly as uncanny valley as what they tried to do in the movies.

• 2Like

Jozu

Im not even trying to hate but young Luke CGI was terrible.

This is the highest quality I have seen.

Jozu

This was also another great A++ example. The thing with those 2 examples though is very limited speech. Luke was well lit and had to talk more.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I didn't think Luke CGI was any better than the Sequel CGI shit. Mostly very fun episode though.

• 1Like

Khane

The CGI was WAY BETTER than the CGI in the sequels. The CGI in the sequels (and Rogue One) was horrendous. The mouth movements were all stiff and fucked and the faces looked almost plastic.

Same thing with Bladerunner. Luke talking was done way better than anything I've seen previously.

• 2Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Best trooper 'kill' was when he force pulled the penultimate into his swinging saber. Finally, we get to see Luke kick ass. I bet Hamilton is pleased, but also disappointed it had to happen as a cgi because Kk fucked up the films.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
CGI didn't work on me, and I could really tell when he talked. Still was a fun episode and great season. To all the people who said the boys season 2 was bad because it came out weekly, and not cause it was bad, I think this season of mando completely invalidated that argument. I actually had fun talking about it IRL between each episode with other nerds.

• 1Like

Khane

I'm not sure why Hamilton would be pissed about the sequels. He got to drink delicious milk and act like a 15 year old girl who's daddy wouldn't let her go to the movies with a boy on a motorcycle. That's so skywalker!!!!

• 1Like

Jozu

Lol this is the perfect fan reaction for this scene. Imagine the older fan super nerds that grew up with OG Luke?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Blind Wave will be the best reaction, since they are hardcore SW nerds

• 1Like

Jozu

One thing I dont understand, why the fuck doesnt Bo Kataan just take the goddamn Darksaber? She took it from Sabine before? And it was gifted to her, after it was STOLEN by Darth maul lol. So the whole it must be won in combat thing is slightly strange, but I guess makes for good drama.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The CGI was WAY BETTER than the CGI in the sequels. The CGI in the sequels (and Rogue One) was horrendous. The mouth movements were all stiff and fucked and the faces looked almost plastic.

Same thing with Bladerunner. Luke talking was done way better than anything I've seen previously.
Yeah, I'm not suggesting the sequel CGI was good. I just think both are shit.