The Mandalorian

Sterling

El Presidente
Jedi are like superheros. Their power level fluctuates to the needs of whatever the current story is.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, taking an entire compound is a bit harder than raping the 6-7 dudes she did in the beginning? She still kills like 3 times more people than Mando did. Also some drama with the final boss fight? Say it ain't so. I mean all Heroes should just go in and one shot the big baddie for the episode right? I am sure we'll see more in her show, but Ahsoka isn't just a normal Jedi/Force User. She literally died and was brought back by the Daughter. I wonder if we'll finally get more info on the Morai during her show.
stories will routinely depower/up power superheroes for plot convenience. all i'm saying is ahsoka has not yet been established in live action as the ultimate badass. thats luke. and luke showed up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean that whole 'lightsabers cant cut through beskar' is complete retcon bullshit, unless Sabine's armor wasn't beskar for whatever reason. And the idea of a non-force user being able to stand toe to toe with a trained force user (with YEARS of intense combat experience) just because they had a weapon to match a lightsaber is bullshit too. Ahsoka needed Mando's help because A) it isn't her show and B) she couldn't take all those baddies out and save the villagers at the same time. And Ahsoka (during that time period) would probably kick the snot out of Luke in a straight up fight.

I mean honestly, I could pick apart this season just as badly or even worse than I picked apart the first season, but I don't feel the need to do so because it was a very enjoyable show that made a serious effort to match the feel of the setting.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everything from the X-wing flyby to the color of the lightsaber mattered in those scenes. Ahsoka would not have anywhere near the impact even if she was established as an ultra badass already.

Kennedy is simply

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it also makes no sense for her to nope out on Baby Yoda and then come train him. and where is her ship? did she catch an Uber over there?

Sterling

El Presidente
it also makes no sense for her to nope out on Baby Yoda and then come train him. and where is her ship? did she catch an Uber over there?
I mean she could change her mind. Doesn't really matter though, Kennedy still sucks either way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
just curious do you really think anyone here believes any of this fake "insider info" info you constantly post, all of which is always wrong? we're a group of MMO retards, you don't need to impress us

I'm not going to argue the veracity of the sources (just about every source has been posted in this thread by now, including a few forum sources so anyone is free to get it from the horses mouth directly), or post every time something proves accurate. I've done it with Luke and a few other times, just to throw a jab back, but it doesn't really serve any purpose for me to remind the thread a particular leak was correct.

"Always wrong" is not on the mark.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
No other character would have had that impact to older SW fans. Look at the reaction vids, grown men.. crying in happiness.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was partially spoiled for me (in that I didnt know the scene was coming, but once it happened I immediately knew it was Luke) and I was still utterly blown away by the scene. 10x better than the gratuitous Vader scene they added to try and salvage Rogue One.

I mean even if the fact that Luke would show up hadn't been spoiled for me, I still would have immediately guessed it was him from the close-up on the black gloved hand clutching the (green) lightsaber. The choreography also felt right, much rougher and simpler moves since he never had the formal training or experience of Ahsoka, and a lot more reliance on mixing force powers in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They just dropped their version and besides the weird wig they did a better job.
No, they really didn't at all. Maybe if they spent several hundred more hours tinkering with it and touching it up, but right now they're even deeper into the uncanny valley than Rogue One was with Tarkin and Leia. Like yes, it does look much more like Mark Hamill, but it's also super obviously fake. The one in the show is obviously not Hamill but doesn't aggressively jump out at you as being fake.

I mean it looks great for a project that was undoubtedly completed in a tiny fraction of the hours and budget that the scene in the actual show took, but like SC 38 reimagined it would take hundreds/thousands of hours of polishing and fine tuning to get it looking just right.

Fadaar

That guy
They coulda really fucked with everyone and had it be Ezra. He has a green lightsaber as well.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Kennedy used this to try to get Luke pulled out of the episode. She had specific critiques about the effects and argued pretty hard to get him out of the story because of it.

She favored Ahsoka showing up in place of Luke. Favreau held his ground, but Kennedy lambasted him pretty good for how the effects turned out. It was another dust-up.

who fucking cares though, they can fix it for future viewers and it was pretty epic considering the turd sandwich SW has been the last couple decades.

fuck kennedy

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I mean they really don't need to, except maybe was a prestige project way down the road? It's good enough for a TV show.

I have a feeling they'll take the time to make it look better - people will be watching and rewatching this show for years. I'd be disappointed if they didn't take the time and money to clean it up.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I mean, it could have been better. I think the Disney version would be infinitely better if they had added eye twitch and hard directional light highlights instead of omni directional soft lighting. That and obviously the mouth, but if the eyes had more life and the lighting was more severe it would be fantastic.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling they'll take the time to make it look better - people will be watching and rewatching this show for years. I'd be disappointed if they didn't take the time and money to clean it up.
Hey everyone, I found george lucas' account!

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And Ahsoka (during that time period) would probably kick the snot out of Luke in a straight up fight.
I only watched a couple seasons of Rebels where Ahsoka is obviously just a padawan. You got a vid of her whipping ass I can invest a few minutes watching?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They coulda really fucked with everyone and had it be Ezra. He has a green lightsaber as well.
This would've made a good prank video for some kind of live viewing for huge star wars nerds.

Get a bunch of sweaty dorks all together, pump up the Luke signs. Roll out R2 even. Gloved hand, green light saber, everything.

Then boom, show Ezra or Princess Leia or something. *audible groans*