The Mandalorian

Sterling

El Presidente
Find an episode guide and try it again. First season was shit, and most everyone who's watched the series will agree. There's a lot of really dumb filler/kiddy episodes. Could probably cull it down to 60-70% of the episodes being worth watching.
Pretty much any episode that centers on Jar Jar or droids is going to be little kid shit. The other stuff that focuses on Jedi or Troopers or whatever are generally good. Peak Clone Wars is the best shit since the OT, but there's definitely some filler/kids stuff. Rebels is a little more even than Clone Wars, but the peaks aren't nearly as high either.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Pretty much any episode that centers on Jar Jar or droids is going to be little kid shit. The other stuff that focuses on Jedi or Troopers or whatever are generally good. Peak Clone Wars is the best shit since the OT, but there's definitely some filler/kids stuff. Rebels is a little more even than Clone Wars, but the peaks aren't nearly as high either.
Rebels had the most emotional moment for me between the two shows. If you've seen it, you probably know what episode I mean.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy

I do agree that Rebels is much more even but that the highs and lows of TCW are WAY farther reaching.

spronk

FPS noob
If time is short there are probably lists of 10 must-see Clone Wars episodes to watch that have great lore implications, like the last season goes into Syfo Dias - the Jedi who ordered the clone army, there is a great arc about a character from Phantom Menace, but just hanging with Ahsoka Tano and the clone troopers is pretty nice.

this list has some spoilers but i'd probably basically agree with the episodes you should watch, especially as a fan of Mandalorian

still on D+ each episode is ~22 mins, auto plays from one to the next, and it was super easy watching em all over 2-3 months while playing stuff like Dragon Quest and Call of Duty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
there is a great arc about a character from Phantom Menace
Dude it's a bit late for spoilers on that one. Maul had several story arcs in Clone Wars and was featured prominently in the advertising for the final season, had that little cameo in Solo, and was one of the main antagonists of Rebels. Anyone who cares at all about Star Wars knows he survived.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I actually thought Jarjar was fun in TCW. That character has no place at all in a serious movie, but in a kids show as slap stick comedic relief ala tom and jerry it was funny at times.

I threw up a little trying to type that with how much I despise him in the movies, but I have to be honest.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They just dropped their version and besides the weird wig they did a better job.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I understand why people are still going on about it, but I still am betting they kept the secrets about the Luke reveal to a small group of people who did not include a group with the technical expertise necessary to do that face as good as anyone wants it. They probably also did all that work as late as possible to keep it under wraps and by the time they realized it wasn't going to come out looking like they hoped it was too late to figure out how to fix it. Pure speculation ofc.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I understand why people are still going on about it, but I still am betting they kept the secrets about the Luke reveal to a small group of people who did not include a group with the technical expertise necessary to do that face as good as anyone wants it. They probably also did all that work as late as possible to keep it under wraps and by the time they realized it wasn't going to come out looking like they hoped it was too late to figure out how to fix it. Pure speculation ofc.

Kennedy used this to try to get Luke pulled out of the episode. She had specific critiques about the effects and argued pretty hard to get him out of the story because of it.

She favored Ahsoka showing up in place of Luke. Favreau held his ground, but Kennedy lambasted him pretty good for how the effects turned out. It was another dust-up.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ahsoka showing up would have been fine, but fuck Kennedy.
she should have had a bit more screentime considering she got her own show from one live action appearance and Gina may or may not get the Rangers show and she is much more involved in the Mandoverse. that being said, it wouldnt have had the same "oh shit!" impact as bringing actual Luke Skywalker back to save the day.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IT would have been better if Darth Vader showed up massacring everyone and stealing the kid. 100% more viewership next season. (I know Vader is dead, but still)

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It just shows how painfully out of touch that stupid fucking cunt is. Yeah the deepfake is obviously far from perfect but I'm more than willing to look past that for the payoff of having Luke show up and I suspect the vast majority of Star Wars fans feel the exact same way.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Kennedy used this to try to get Luke pulled out of the episode. She had specific critiques about the effects and argued pretty hard to get him out of the story because of it.

She favored Ahsoka showing up in place of Luke. Favreau held his ground, but Kennedy lambasted him pretty good for how the effects turned out. It was another dust-up.
If thats true, its just more evidence she just doesn't get it. Luke was the only one that could have shown up at the end and had any impact for ALL SW fans. They could have used Cal Kestis or Ezra or some other more obscure Jedi but that would have had zero emotional impact on anyone who doesn't full nerd for SW. And having it be Ahsoka would have been plain ridiculous....she sends Mando to Tython, after refusing to train Grogu, to connect with a Jedi to train him, which is her? Never go full retard. Thank goodness Favreau has the clout to back her the fuck off.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ahsoka showing up would be fine even after all the reasons Miguex stated, but her destroying the droids wouldn't have been. She showed earlier in the season she's a serviceable jedi knight who can go toe to toe and beat someone like Mando, but needed his help to take on a tough force. Luke Skywalker showed he is a jedi god who can roflstomp groups of rando droids, two of which would have massacred Mando. If she came in and demonstrated anywhere near the level of destruction that Luke did, it'd be an unrealistic power boost and be confusing for the viewer.

They could've had fuckin' Mark Hamill up there with a clean shave, a haircut, some makeup and with zero CGI and it would've been better than Ahsoka.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ahsoka showing up would be fine even after all the reasons Miguex stated, but her destroying the droids wouldn't have been. She showed earlier in the season she's a serviceable jedi knight who can go toe to toe and beat someone like Mando, but needed his help to take on a tough force. Luke Skywalker showed he is a jedi god who can roflstomp groups of rando droids, two of which would have massacred Mando. If she came in and demonstrated anywhere near the level of destruction that Luke did, it'd be an unrealistic power boost and be confusing for the viewer.

They could've had fuckin' Mark Hamill up there with a clean shave, a haircut, some makeup and with zero CGI and it would've been better than Ahsoka.
Ahsoka literally spent 7 seasons ripping apart droids. Those Dark Troopers weren't anything that seemed more intimidating than most of the top end Seperatist droids. Also, Ahsoka is at least as powerful as Luke and waaaay more experienced.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ahsoka literally spent 7 seasons ripping apart droids. Those Dark Troopers weren't anything that seemed more intimidating than most of the top end Seperatist droids. Also, Ahsoka is at least as powerful as Luke and waaaay more experienced.
so why did she need Mando to take the fortress? why did she almost lose her ass to that chick? this Ahsoka is not the same from the cartoons. they had to depower her some or there wouldnt be a story. i mean there would be one. "Ahsoka kills everyone" not a very long story. they had to stick Neo out in the middle of the arctic while Trinity and Morphius fought the maravingions.

spronk

FPS noob

just curious do you really think anyone here believes any of this fake "insider info" info you constantly post, all of which is always wrong? we're a group of MMO retards, you don't need to impress us

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
so why did she need Mando to take the fortress? why did she almost lose her ass to that chick? this Ahsoka is not the same from the cartoons. they had to depower her some or there wouldnt be a story. i mean there would be one. "Ahsoka kills everyone" not a very long story. they had to stick Neo out in the middle of the arctic while Trinity and Morphius fought the maravingions.
I mean, taking an entire compound is a bit harder than raping the 6-7 dudes she did in the beginning? She still kills like 3 times more people than Mando did. Also some drama with the final boss fight? Say it ain't so. I mean all Heroes should just go in and one shot the big baddie for the episode right? I am sure we'll see more in her show, but Ahsoka isn't just a normal Jedi/Force User. She literally died and was brought back by the Daughter. I wonder if we'll finally get more info on the Morai during her show.