The Mandalorian

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only watched a couple seasons of Rebels where Ahsoka is obviously just a padawan. You got a vid of her whipping ass I can invest a few minutes watching?

About as spoil heavy as you can get, from both Clone Wars and Rebels, if you don't plan on watching them(couldn't find a good, non edited 1080 for Clone Wars):

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
About as spoil heavy as you can get from both Clone Wars and Rebels, if you dont plan on watching them(Couldnt find a good, non edited 1080 for Clone Wars):
Pretty sure he was trolling (or just retarded) if he could watch Rebels and think Ahsoka was still the equivalent of a padawan.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure he was trolling (or just retarded) if he could watch Rebels and think Ahsoka was still the equivalent of a padawan.

I couldn't remember when Ahsoka showed up in Rebels to actually fight, instead of being a background character. So, if you only watched 1.5 seasons of Rebels, and you hadn't watched Clone Wars, she might have been much less important (outside of "Anakin's Padawan" that you read about on the internet).

Since I have only seen them once, I should probably give Clone Wars and Rebels a rewatch soon (with a guide to cut out the droid filler episodes).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I couldn't remember when Ahsoka showed up in Rebels to actually fight, instead of being a background character. So, if you only watched 1.5 seasons of Rebels, and you hadn't watched Clone Wars, she might have been much less important (outside of "Anakin's Padawan" that you read about on the internet).

Since I have only seen them once, I should probably give Clone Wars and Rebels a rewatch soon (with a guide to cut out the droid filler episodes).
She 2v1s the Inquisitors pretty easily in Season 2 when they had been overpowering Ezra and Kanan every time they'd met.

Also I feel like it was a major missed opportunity for the Seventh Sister to not have been Barriss Offee, especially since they'd already worked Master Luminara into the first season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

If you do a rewatch, make sure to follow the chronological order . I just finished a rewatch of both series a few months back right before the final season came out and it was much more coherent and flowed much better that way. Totally worth the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
She 2v1s the Inquisitors pretty easily in Season 2 when they had been overpowering Ezra and Kanan every time they'd met.

Also I feel like it was a major missed opportunity for the Seventh Sister to not have been Barriss Offee, especially since they'd already worked Master Luminara into the first season.
Aren't Ezra and Kanan basically jedi chumps?

Thanks Burns Burns for the vids.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All this Ahsoka talk. It would have been hilarious if she was the Jedi who showed up considering she:

1) Told mando she wouldn't teach the Grogu
2) Told mando to take Grogu to the ancient ruins to find a Jedi who would
3) Showed she had no interest in changing her mind after Mando helped her with her objective

Haha just kidding Mando! I just wanted to make you jump through hoops as part of the "Jedi screening process"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isnt there supposed to be a rumor, that Ahsoka spoke to Anakin's force ghost and told her that she shouldnt train Baby Yoda and that "there is another" who would? i saw that video and thought, ok, whatevs.

Fadaar

That guy
All this Ahsoka talk. It would have been hilarious if she was the Jedi who showed up considering she:

1) Told mando she wouldn't teach the Grogu
2) Told mando to take Grogu to the ancient ruins to find a Jedi who would
3) Showed she had no interest in changing her mind after Mando helped her with her objective

Haha just kidding Mando! I just wanted to make you jump through hoops as part of the "Jedi screening process"

tbh i don't remember what she said during that episode but she's been pretty adamant ever since the end of TCW (well, I guess earlier when she left the order officially after the bombing incident) that she is no longer a jedi. plus i'd imagine she's scared shitless of spawning another Anakin.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
tbh i don't remember what she said during that episode but she's been pretty adamant ever since the end of TCW (well, I guess earlier when she left the order officially after the bombing incident) that she is no longer a jedi. plus i'd imagine she's scared shitless of spawning another Anakin.
They've always made it pretty clear that Ahsoka is not a Jedi. Remember when she went back to the Jedi temple with Kanan and Ezra? She didn't get called deeper in like Kanan or Ezra did and received a much shallower, simpler vision.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
isnt there supposed to be a rumor, that Ahsoka spoke to Anakin's force ghost and told her that she shouldnt train Baby Yoda and that "there is another" who would? i saw that video and thought, ok, whatevs.
fan fic 4_zpsawdmdadi.gif

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've always made it pretty clear that Ahsoka is not a Jedi. Remember when she went back to the Jedi temple with Kanan and Ezra? She didn't get called deeper in like Kanan or Ezra did and received a much shallower, simpler vision.

I've always loved the wankiness of Jedi. Yeah, you dual wield lightsabers and use force powers for good but, well, fuck off because you don't meet our strict criteria. We'd sooner you go forth into the world unchecked and rogue.

So, yeah, how many true Jedi are left and how many unrecognised ones are still alive out there.

Ersehertz!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well it's also the same way with the sith. like, there's only 2 "sith" but obviously that's nonsense because there's all kinds of bad guys with lightsabers. it's very similar with the jedi, they hoarded all the knowledge so no one could learn the force without their express, written consent in triplicate. you basically get the impression that the jedi are SO pompous that they don't even consider ahsoka a threat. like, there's NO way she COULD ever teach anyone anything. ahsoka on the other hand very much wrestles with the concept of SHOULD she teach anyone anything, but she ABSOLUTELY COULD.

ultimately they are both wrong for the same reasons. the jedi absolutely lost sight of their purpose and needed to be culled. whether or not that's what lucas meant when he wrote the line of anakin bringing balance to the force, that's exactly what happened. and obviously you can interpret it multiple ways in that anakin brought balance by fathering luke, or that he brought balance when he turned back to the light or whatever but it REALLY happened when vader went after the younglings, hard reseting the jedi order.

the jedi order functionally became the vogons from hitchhiker's guide. they take FOREVER to actually do anything, and then when they finally do something, they are so committed that they can't be bothered to stop and think about whether or not the situation has changed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well it's also the same way with the sith. like, there's only 2 "sith" but obviously that's nonsense because there's all kinds of bad guys with lightsabers. it's very similar with the jedi, they hoarded all the knowledge so no one could learn the force without their express, written consent in triplicate. you basically get the impression that the jedi are SO pompous that they don't even consider ahsoka a threat. like, there's NO way she COULD ever teach anyone anything. ahsoka on the other hand very much wrestles with the concept of SHOULD she teach anyone anything, but she ABSOLUTELY COULD.

ultimately they are both wrong for the same reasons. the jedi absolutely lost sight of their purpose and needed to be culled. whether or not that's what lucas meant when he wrote the line of anakin bringing balance to the force, that's exactly what happened. and obviously you can interpret it multiple ways in that anakin brought balance by fathering luke, or that he brought balance when he turned back to the light or whatever but it REALLY happened when vader went after the younglings, hard reseting the jedi order.

the jedi order functionally became the vogons from hitchhiker's guide. they take FOREVER to actually do anything, and then when they finally do something, they are so committed that they can't be bothered to stop and think about whether or not the situation has changed.
would you like to hear some Vogon poetry?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

I always liked how Arthur Dent kind of liked it and Ford was writhing in agony lol

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've always loved the wankiness of Jedi. Yeah, you dual wield lightsabers and use force powers for good but, well, fuck off because you don't meet our strict criteria. We'd sooner you go forth into the world unchecked and rogue.

So, yeah, how many true Jedi are left and how many unrecognised ones are still alive out there.

Ersehertz!!!
I mean, Jedi aren't necessarily 'good guys'. They're very neutral aside from their opposition to the Sith. And nothing in the Sith code says they have to be cartoonishly evil like they have been in the cartoons and movies.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

Now 'Peace is a lie' is a bit ominous, but it still isn't necessarily 'haha lets blast force lightning'.

• 2Like

Caliane

I mean, Jedi aren't necessarily 'good guys'. They're very neutral aside from their opposition to the Sith. And nothing in the Sith code says they have to be cartoonishly evil like they have been in the cartoons and movies.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

Now 'Peace is a lie' is a bit ominous, but it still isn't necessarily 'haha lets blast force lightning'.
I don't think George came up with the oaths. do we know who it was?

George 100% thinks its good/evil and Jedi are good guys. he really didn't think the ethos through that well.
EU guys I think intentionally leaned into the Jedi not being really good. closer to order/chaos.

Jedi are not the good guys in the prequels, but thats not because a flaw in the Jedi as a concept to George, but that they became mislead and complacent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think George came up with the oaths. do we know who it was?

George 100% thinks its good/evil and Jedi are good guys. he really didn't think the ethos through that well.
EU guys I think intentionally leaned into the Jedi not being really good. closer to order/chaos.

Jedi are not the good guys in the prequels, but thats not because a flaw in the Jedi as a concept to George, but that they became mislead and complacent.
He came up with a proto-oath that never made it into Ep 5 and someone based the Jedi code on that, then some nerd inverted it for the Sith code.