The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this was pretty terribly portrayed in the movies, but palpatine was basically running both the senate and the trade federation against each other specifically to bring all the jedi out onto the various battlefields across the galaxy. the wars were big enough that clones were basically sent out to every planet to fight the trade federation, and all the clones were led by jedi. the movies only showed a handful of jedi getting killed by order 66 but it was happening across the galaxy. and again, the movie portrayed it like anakin was the only one killing younglings, but clones were doing that too.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not that I don't disagree.. but isn't pretty much everything after prequel timeline, a smear campaign on the force? You see it both in the original trilogy and in the meh trilogy, where someone challenges this idea of it being worth a damn.. His flashback is also filled with blasters, so my guess is it will be empire but I have no idea.. I didn't watch the clone war series.. they might not tie him to the main planet, but one of the outer planets associated with the mandolarians.. I just find it funny they're writing Fett to be a fraud in stolen armor. He was also orphaned, and assumable there was no anti-force fighting school.

solo speech.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hey, I have no star wars nerd cred, but if there tens of thousands of them, where were they in the movies ? Tens of thousands would also have meant thousands of kids in training surely ?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just figured civilized worlds would know who the jedi were but bum fuck shit hole would have no clue.

Caliane

It should also be noted, the Jedi existed as a "xmen school of the gifted" for those manifesting force sensitivity.
The Force exists outside of that, and manifests itself all the time. Theres literally Witchs, and wizards, and shit in the Starwars universe.
The Sith are also a specific school/code of conduct.

It is a big universe thought, and yeah sure, its possible, even if Chi, manna, the Force exists, and there are practitioners, they may not all by tied together. people who aren't Jedi or Sith might call the source of their powers something else.

A Mandalorian should know, since its a culture passed down, via tradition. and a long standing tradition of Fighten Jedi.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hey, I have no star wars nerd cred, but if there tens of thousands of them, where were they in the movies ? Tens of thousands would also have meant thousands of kids in training surely ?

There weren't tens of thousand... there were ten thousand total... for a galaxy.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Outer Rim is probably the best way to explain away the force ignorance. Cut throat behavior and opportunism seem to be the main behavior set in that environment, stories of magical force powers are most likely floating around amongst the commons, but it's probably "only believe it when you see it" and even then it would probably be questioned.

Mando being exposed to the force by baby Yoda is basically the entire premise of this season in a lot of ways. Order 66 was effective, but I think it's actually cool and a quality angle to have situations like this open the eyes of people in the galaxy that there is still hope and the force lives.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just took it as surprise that the baby was force adept when it looks like it's younger than a toddler. It'd be like some kid who can't talk suddly spitting out avagadro's number and how many moles per whatever it takes to make a lightsaber crystal.

Fadaar

That guy

lawl @ the euros whining about spoilers

edit: first reply is a pic of baby yodle from the official account, that initial tweet isn't as blatant

• 1Salty

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have no sympathy for Euros when it comes to spoilers for this. They should have pushed back on the dumb 30% local production bullshit.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always took it that Jedi were like Space Marines in 40k. In a sense.

I mean this in that while people have heard of them. The average person has no real idea what they can do or anything and the average citizen of the Imperium/Republic can easily go through their entire life never seeing one. Ever. Dudes who are part of an ancient order and wield lightsabers would be the extent of baseline knowledge.

The average merc or soldier would never see force powers in action even if he did see a Jedi. Not unrealistic for someone to be wholly unfamiliar with force space magic. Even if it exists in the universe.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Jabbas fat ass knew about jedi mind trick but then again he was around for all that shit. You would think he would tell people how they fucked up the jedi.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jabbas fat ass knew about jedi mind trick but then again he was around for all that shit. You would think he would tell people how they fucked up the jedi.

Jabba was a Hutt and mob boss of a vast criminal syndicate. He was also like 600 years old. I've no reason to doubt he would be on the up and up about that kind of shit. His underlings certainly weren't though.

To your thought though there wouldn't be a reason too. Mental training your thugs to resist Jedi mind tricks when the odds of running afoul of Jedi who don't really enforce criminal laws was basically nill.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Jabba was a Hutt and mob boss of a vast criminal syndicate. He was also like 600 years old. I've no reason to doubt he would be on the up and up about that kind of shit. His underlings certainly weren't though.

To your thought though there wouldn't be a reason too. Mental training your thugs to resist Jedi mind tricks when the odds of running afoul of Jedi who don't really enforce criminal laws was basically nill.
Nah I mean like underling would know from all the bragging. Like you're so lucky you don't have to deal with the jedi like we did back in the day. Kinda like how all our parents walked in the snow up hill both ways.