The Mandalorian

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are they arguing that more scum and villainy people should be women? They'd be whining as those characters all got killed instead.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jabbas fat ass knew about jedi mind trick but then again he was around for all that shit. You would think he would tell people how they fucked up the jedi.
Jabba was really really old. Hutts live a very long time so he was around when the jedi were really in their prime.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
This whole debate wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was more time between the prequels and OT. Per the timeline there's only 19 years between ROTS and ANH, and add another... 10ish? years for Mandalorian. So lets say 30 years between when the Jedi got wiped out and the setting for Mandalorian. Nowhere near enough time for the whole galaxy to turnover enough generations for all that first-hand knowledge to be lost.
Its only been 30 years since the fall of soviet communism...you can do a lot with propaganda. its not that unbelievable that a galactic wide blackout on the emperor's enemies is possible.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also for people being so unaware of the force it is a big galaxy and strong force users were always pretty much rare as hens teeth. It is one thing to hear about the crazy stuff jedi could do and its another to see a baby levitating a wooly rhino.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are they arguing that more scum and villainy people should be women? They'd be whining as those characters all got killed instead.
They are just mad that normal people, who think the new movies are trash, actually appreciate The Mandalorian. It's proof-positive that the Mandalorian(so far, at least) is good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
They are just mad that normal people, who think the new movies are trash, actually appreciate The Mandalorian. It's proof-positive that the Mandalorian(so far, at least) is good.
I wonder if Disney is beginning to take notice from the reception of the Mandalorian and by the demographic who is spending all the money on $200 lightsabers and other merchandise at Galaxy's Edge, who their actual fanbase is. It's not these dummies bitching on twitter.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

I walked through Galaxy's Edge and the signage is horrible - there were entrances to "somethings" and you had no idea what it was, a ride...a store...a restaurant... a massage parlor...

I did walk by where they served blue (and green apparently for the color blind people that thought it was green) milk, this is a i shit you not IRL quote

We just split off from our large fam group to goto Epcot to eat with just my people and parents who would meet us there... walking out of GE

"Hey WIFE'S NAME look there is the blue milk."
WIFE (being in a good mood etc, oddly..must be the pregger hormones) "Do you want to get some?"
*now we are standing directly next to the long line waiting for sweet blue milk.

and what do I say? Loudly...

"NOPE! If it aint served directly from the boob of some space creature I don't want it!"

The kids start laughing and the wife gives me the look of complete death and she shuffles the kids off like its going to make them not hear what I said.

I am just laughing ... ohh I should have been nice, the wife was being nice for once and wanting to let me be an excited little star wars kid for blue milk and "being in the world" and nope, I am just some smart ass crusty old man bitching about how they ruined starwars.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
The blue milk with rum is actually pretty good (or was it vodka?)

I don't mind the weird signage. It all helped with the immersion. The level of detail in that place is unlike anything I've ever seen. There's literally not a square inch in the entire land that hasn't been given attention. People can hate on Disney all they want, but nobody knows how to do theme parks like they do (Harry Potter world is up there for sure, just not Universal as a whole)

• 2Solidarity

Jive Turkey

Karen
Those George Lucas deepfakes are fucking hilarious. This isn't Mandalorian related, but it's well worth the watch

gauze

Molten Core Raider
2de332f5efb0da2177c0b518204b3ad0474e0eeb.jpg

Wait, wasn't this a female? I'll have to go back and pay attention.. But for some reason I got the idea that it was a she, but like Overwatch Zarya kinda she. Thinking back the voice felt feminine, but I could be completely wrong and just assuming genders.

• 3Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not really sure this is *good* yet. It's interesting in that it's 30 minutes and it's in the Star Wars universe but so far he seems like a bad or average Bounty Hunter, I don't know. I'll continue to watch just simply for the fact it's 30 minutes.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Salty

Jive Turkey

Karen

Wait, wasn't this a female? I'll have to go back and pay attention.. But for some reason I got the idea that it was a she, but like Overwatch Zarya kinda she. Thinking back the voice felt feminine, but I could be completely wrong and just assuming genders.

It was 100% a female.
Whoever decided she should wear that helmet should be shot. This was the only part of the first 2 episodes where I thought "oh no". The flashbacks were hamfisted too. Less of this, please

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Fadaar

That guy

I thought it was female as soon as I saw the character due to the person's build but yes, female voice.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Mando has Indiana Jones type fighting abilities. He is competent but always gets beat up before winning or getting lucky.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Whoever decided she should wear that helmet should be shot.
Haha i liked the helm :c maybe a bit thick on the Spartan, but seeing Mando helms develop individual character beyond just color is nice.. Given that there is tribes/clans of Mandos, and heritage, ect ect.

• 3Like

Siliconemelons

The blue milk with rum is actually pretty good (or was it vodka?)

I don't mind the weird signage. It all helped with the immersion. The level of detail in that place is unlike anything I've ever seen. There's literally not a square inch in the entire land that hasn't been given attention. People can hate on Disney all they want, but nobody knows how to do theme parks like they do (Harry Potter world is up there for sure, just not Universal as a whole)

The look was good- yes Disney is insane with making places- it is also how well they age... Blizzard Beach when it first opened legit looked like actual snow everywhere - it was crazy...now it looks like dirty nasty concrete.

I am kinda tired of their current expansion motifs - a cool land "to be in" and 1 "real" ride and 1 ehh ride... avatar land and toy story and now star wars land...

Galaxy edge looks great and I think it will keep because nothing is "nice" it's all the maz canata place vibe and feel... it's starwars but it's the "steam punk" side of starwars... it's an okay aspect... but I like the Empire part the real future tech stuff...not this cobbled together silly crap... a DROID turning a spit to cook stuff? You could...you know...have a... motor?

Fadaar

That guy
Wish they had made a full park in the 90's before the prequels at Disney World. I would have still been young enough to be enthusiastic about visiting a Disney park and not have it be weird.

fris

Vyemm Raider
What's the timeline here? Is that baby Yoda, and this before anything else in the EU?