The Mandalorian

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
looks like they hot glued a bunch of mando toys onto a regular pinball game. Top Gun is still my all time favorite. when you got an extra ball it made a ridiculously loud noise you could hear across the arcade.

-edit.
not Top Gun. something called Gold Wings. which is Top Gun in everything but name. its pretty wild.
edit, or was i getting it mixed up with f14 tomcat?
F14 Tomcat was the shit. Shame on you for forgetting. If you were more interested in fun maybe you'd remember the fun things of life.

• 2Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That dude doesn't look a fucking thing like Ezra. Love the idea of Thrawn being played by his voice actor though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do not care really. The character was basically some flavor of dune coon in the show. If the guy can act and pull off the voice, great. If we get a retooled version of the Zhaan trilogy with Ezra in the Joruus spot, even better.

• 1Blown
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I liked the dude from izombie better.

download.jpeg

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude's name is Ezra and half his face is nose but you think he's just some dune coon. Okie doke.
Yeah sorry I am not as good of a racist as I could be. I will try harder next time. Plus yeah, big nose and space Aladdin as pointed out could be literally any of those ME tribes.

PS Oblig- He is not going to fuck you.

• 1Pathetic

spronk

FPS noob

if it starts filming soon (?) that probably means a holiday 2022 release. ugh

makes sense though, Boba Fett is gonna run Dec - Feb, then Obi-Wan has to run, then Ahsoka, any cartoons they have going on... thats pretty much most of 2022.

I guess that also means we'll see more Moff Gideon in s3, wonder if we'll get any Thrawn or if thats all Ahsoka

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy

if it starts filming soon (?) that probably means a holiday 2022 release. ugh

makes sense though, Boba Fett is gonna run Dec - Feb, then Obi-Wan has to run, then Ahsoka, any cartoons they have going on... thats pretty much most of 2022.

I guess that also means we'll see more Moff Gideon in s3, wonder if we'll get any Thrawn or if thats all Ahsoka

Must say I never expected the Star Wars tv shows to take the Marvel approach of tying everything together but they (Disney) have gotten pretty good at it over the last 13 years. To answer your question though I'd imagine The Mandalorian will be the more ensemble show as it already has been, since Dyn himself is more a stand-in POV character than anything else with Boba, Thrawn, and Ahsoka being longtime fan favorites finally getting their time in the sun. Assuming Ahsoka's show takes the obvious path of her searching for Ezra/Thrawn in events prior to her appearance in The Mandalorian, I'd bet pretty hard on Thrawn showing up in S3 especially since they already name dropped him.

spronk

FPS noob

her movie is gonna be about a woman stalked by a serial killer who hires a trucker to help kill the stalker

standard VOD action movie blah, thats pretty much the only kind of movie Liam Neeson, JVCD, Steven Seagal, etc do

heres the wild part: the writer of her movie is Eric Red, who wrote a bunch of horror stories (turned into movies) revolving around cars/trucks in the 80s and 90s. Then in 2000 he was involved in a car accident, driving into a bar in LA and killing 2 drinkers there (!?!). Hope Carano can take him on if she needs to, he sounds like the kind of guy who maybe takes his stories a little too seriously.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

her movie is gonna be about a woman stalked by a serial killer who hires a trucker to help kill the stalker

standard VOD action movie blah, thats pretty much the only kind of movie Liam Neeson, JVCD, Steven Seagal, etc do

heres the wild part: the writer of her movie is Eric Red, who wrote a bunch of horror stories (turned into movies) revolving around cars/trucks in the 80s and 90s. Then in 2000 he was involved in a car accident, driving into a bar in LA and killing 2 drinkers there (!?!). Hope Carano can take him on if she needs to, he sounds like the kind of guy who maybe takes his stories a little too seriously.
writers often get dicked around by studios. look how Stephen King reacted to Shining and Lawnmower Man.

Stephen King lawsuit​

The film, originally titled Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man, differed so much from the source material that King sued the filmmakers in May 1992 to remove his name from the title.[3] King stated in court documents that the film "bore no meaningful resemblance" to his story.[12]

A federal judge ruled in King's favour in July 1992, the first successful such ruling since James Oliver Curwood had his name removed from 1922's I Am the Law.[3] On appeal, it was ruled in October 1992 that the on-screen credit could remain but that King's name should be removed from advertising.[3] King received $2.5 million in settlement.[3]

Despite the ruling, New Line still did not comply and initially released the home video version as Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man.[13][14] In 1994, New Line was held in contempt of court.[3]

Home media​

The theatrical version of the film was initially released on VHS and Laserdisc on August 26, 1992. Alongside the 108-minute theatrical version, New Line Home Video also released an unrated director's cut running 141 minutes on VHS and Laserdisc.[15] The success of the unrated version alerted King to New Line's continued defiance of the order that his name be stricken from the film's credits and all marketing as the back covers stated "Based on a Story by Stephen King". A third court order was needed to force the studio's compliance. As before, the court upheld the two prior judgments, but it took the extra step of imposing a penalty of $10,000 directly payable to King for every day New Line remained in contempt by defying the order. Additionally, the studio would have to forfeit all profits earned on the film during that same period.

Fucker

Log Wizard
writers often get dicked around by studios. look how Stephen King reacted to Shining and Lawnmower Man.

Stephen King lawsuit​

The film, originally titled Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man, differed so much from the source material that King sued the filmmakers in May 1992 to remove his name from the title.[3] King stated in court documents that the film "bore no meaningful resemblance" to his story.[12]

A federal judge ruled in King's favour in July 1992, the first successful such ruling since James Oliver Curwood had his name removed from 1922's I Am the Law.[3] On appeal, it was ruled in October 1992 that the on-screen credit could remain but that King's name should be removed from advertising.[3] King received $2.5 million in settlement.[3]

Despite the ruling, New Line still did not comply and initially released the home video version as Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man.[13][14] In 1994, New Line was held in contempt of court.[3]

Home media​

The theatrical version of the film was initially released on VHS and Laserdisc on August 26, 1992. Alongside the 108-minute theatrical version, New Line Home Video also released an unrated director's cut running 141 minutes on VHS and Laserdisc.[15] The success of the unrated version alerted King to New Line's continued defiance of the order that his name be stricken from the film's credits and all marketing as the back covers stated "Based on a Story by Stephen King". A third court order was needed to force the studio's compliance. As before, the court upheld the two prior judgments, but it took the extra step of imposing a penalty of $10,000 directly payable to King for every day New Line remained in contempt by defying the order. Additionally, the studio would have to forfeit all profits earned on the film during that same period.
Kubrick fucked with him, too.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kubrick fucked with him, too.
Kubrick did, but he still made a classic film. King was most mad at the casting of Jack Nicholson for the role of Jack Torrance. he said that Nicholson just did a movie where he went crazy in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest so nobody would believe him as a sane person going mad in The Shining. its a good point, but Kubrick did so well, nobody remembers the cuckoo nest movie anymore, but everyone still talks about The Shining.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kubrick did, but he still made a classic film. King was most mad at the casting of Jack Nicholson for the role of Jack Torrance. he said that Nicholson just did a movie where he went crazy in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest so nobody would believe him as a sane person going mad in The Shining. its a good point, but Kubrick did so well, nobody remembers the cuckoo nest movie anymore, but everyone still talks about The Shining.
Sounds like King is a fucking idiot.

'Dont cast an actor who did a great job of pretending to be pretending to be crazy, there's no way people will believe him pretending to be crazy!'

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest has not disappeared.
i dont think i said it did, but its not in the public eye anymore. hasnt been for 20 years. Kubrik's films are still talked about and theorized about today. Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favorite films, lots of up and coming big actors are in there. i think its the first time Devito and Nicholson worked together. Devito and Nicholson are from the same town in Jersey and there is a funny story he tells about asking Nicholson about it. lots of interesting stories about that movie, but nobody talks about it anymore.

Cybsled

There was literally a Nurse Rachet TV show recently, so it isn't forgotten. The Shinning just has more recognition by the current generation because it has been used a lot more in popular culture and memes and even a sequel (Doctor Sleep).