The Mandalorian

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Baby Yoda also doesn't have a list of dumb rules that results in a horror movie.

So, don't give into fear, hate or anger doesn't lead to a horror movie outcome with the slaughter of younglings?

Too old to begin the training isn't a rule?

Lmao

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
On the very few occasions I've been to a movie theatre in the US there's always been a vocal contingent of folks clapping, cheering, and "Oh yeah"'ing along to the movie. I just assumed it was a US thing.

Only exception being White Noise where everyone seemed to be as equally freaked out as I was.
Fuck you.

I saw that movie opening weekend, and it was horrible. Nobody should have been freaked out by it other than having wasted $18 on a prime time ticket, popcorn, and stuff...😉

I really did forget that that movie even existed, and it was that bad and it wasn't scary at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thank you for making this a quality show, but F them for screwing up Boba Fett and we now have to look to this for any decent underworld / mercenary / bounty hunter storylines.

Sabine tie ins would be nice but the Ahsoka series is probably before Mando in the timeline.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
F&F thought Boba Fett as a character was like the Godfather from the Godfather movies. They totally misinterpreted the character and tanked the whole underworld with it.

It turned out Rodriguez actually wanted more of a Conan interpretation and was fighting Favreau specifically on that. Favreau dug in hard on the Godfather thing, despite telling Rodriguez he'd play along after reviewing some concept art and listening to his pitch.

Rodriguez was taking a lot of blame until the real story on Favreau's own personal interpretation on Fett came out, along with his subsequent mea culpa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Hey more Bo-Katan thats always a plus in my book. Trailer looks great, always happy for more Mando hopefully with less Jedi in it this time.

Burns

F&F thought Boba Fett as a character was like the Godfather from the Godfather movies. They totally misinterpreted the character and tanked the whole underworld with it.

It turned out Rodriguez actually wanted more of a Conan interpretation and was fighting Favreau specifically on that. Favreau dug in hard on the Godfather thing, despite telling Rodriguez he'd play along after reviewing some concept art and listening to his pitch.

Rodriguez was taking a lot of blame until the real story on Favreau's own personal interpretation on Fett came out, along with his subsequent mea culpa.
It's weird that they didn't get it, when Filoni mostly nailed the bounty hunter thing in Clone Wars with young Boba, Bossk, Aurra Sing, and Cad Bane.

The 7 samurai tribute episode was the only(?) bounty hunters as the "good guys" type thing (that I remember), and not morally grey, out for themselves, like the rest of them, type thing.

Maybe Filoni was not as involved, busy, or just didn't feel like that was a fight worth picking, when he could spend that effort on other shows. Could a morally grey or slightly evil bounty hunter show even exist on Disney? Maybe Filoni saw that there was no way to make the show true to what the majority of fans wanted, that would pass Disney's requirements.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's weird that they didn't get it, when Filoni mostly nailed the bounty hunter thing in Clone Wars with young Boba, Bossk, Aurra Sing, and Cad Bane.

The 7 samurai tribute episode was the only(?) bounty hunters as the "good guys" type thing (that I remember), and not morally grey, out for themselves, like the rest of them, type thing.

Maybe Filoni was not as involved, busy, or just didn't feel like that was a fight worth picking, when he could spend that effort on other shows. Could a morally grey or slightly evil bounty hunter show even exist on Disney? Maybe Filoni saw that there was no way to make the show true to what the majority of fans wanted, that would pass Disney's requirements.
Temuera Morrison is almost a senior citizen, I think the crime lord angle could have worked out if it were written differently.

Filoni has delivered his share of stinkers over the years, he isn't perfect. Grandpa Bounty Hunter could have flopped just as badly.

Burns

Temuera Morrison is almost a senior citizen, I think the crime lord angle could have worked out if it were written differently.

Filoni has delivered his share of stinkers over the years, he isn't perfect. Grandpa Bounty Hunter could have flopped just as badly.
Sure, they could have made a good show and they could have even kept it about him being an old bounty hunter with a dream (wanting a place to call home, even if that means he cant do everything solo). So he needed to call up a bunch of his bounty hunting contacts, to work as enforcers, that would be loyal enough, as long as he can provide the the potential (at first) for good pay.

Maybe he is better than the Hutts, but he still needs to get his collections going with a protection racket, and a bunch of other shady shit. That requires many more people and a much darker/grey character. If they were trying to make him like The Godfather, then fine, the Godfather had a whole slew of people doing bad shit. They could have easily blended a bunch of gangster movies and the Soprano's to make something great, but I doubt Disney would have let them come close to anything like that.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They tried for Godfather and came up with nothing.

As mentioned, outside of Mandalorian and some Filoni projects, these guys aren't exactly consistent.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why wouldn't he? All Star Wars ships have gravity on the inside.

first of all, no. Second of all if it generated it's own gravity it would be at the bottom of the seat and he wouldn't have fallen out.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
first of all, no. Second of all if it generated it's own gravity it would be at the bottom of the seat and he wouldn't have fallen out.
I mean he literally raised up like a couple inches... you are acting like he flew out of the seat. It was the same kind of lift you would get in a steep dive of a rollercoaster.

Cybsled

They tried for Godfather and came up with nothing.

As mentioned, outside of Mandalorian and some Filoni projects, these guys aren't exactly consistent.

Boba Fett as The Godfather is a cool concept

The Book of Boba Fett failed to live up to that concept. In their minds they thought he would be Michael Corleone, but instead we got Fredo

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean he literally raised up like a couple inches... you are acting like he flew out of the seat. It was the same kind of lift you would get in a steep dive of a rollercoaster.

Not if the roller coaster was in space. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with this.