The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not if the roller coaster was in space. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with this.
Yes, I don't understand the way gravity works in a made up fantasy world. Or the rules of the magic technology that these ships have in the first place. Also, it's a TV show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Boba Fett as The Godfather is a cool concept

The Book of Boba Fett failed to live up to that concept. In their minds they thought he would be Michael Corleone, but instead we got Fredo
the godfather is the old patriarch mob boss having the son take over the mob business which he doesnt have any desire to do but is forced into it by mob hits on his family. he turns out to be worse than anyone.
BoBF is dude escapes from imprisonment. seeks revenge. dances with sand people. kills Jabba, ends all his criminal activity including the spice trade which is the lifeblood of the entire planet and then just walks to and from town a lot. oh and he rides a big monster which is mildly effective and ends up destroying the town he swore to protect. i dont see a similarity. not even a little one.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The bombs are a bad example. They make perfect sense. The upside down starfighter scene was nowhere near a planet so that doesn't apply. Maybe there will be something in the story where mando says "strap in, I'm reversing the gravity for [reasons]". But barring that, that was a fuck up.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The bombs are a bad example. They make perfect sense. The upside down starfighter scene was nowhere near a planet so that doesn't apply. Maybe there will be something in the story where mando says "strap in, I'm reversing the gravity for [reasons]". But barring that, that was a fuck up.
How do lightsabers exist, why do ships fly like they have air resistance in space, how come we can hear laser blasts and engine roars in space? You are still bitching about a half second clip when there is so much shit that doesn't make sense in Star Wars.

If you are still hung up on it. Please relay to me how this gravity works on Star Wars ships. Do you have the specs? How do you know where the center mass of the ship is? Why would the gravity be focused just under the seat? Are you sure that this particular fighter didn't have issues with it's gravity field? Or maybe it could have been a design flaw. Maybe it was because of the ships modifications. maybe it was the huge asteroids they were flying through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How do lightsabers exist, why do ships fly like they have air resistance in space, how come we can hear laser blasts and engine roars in space? You are still bitching about a half second clip when there is so much shit that doesn't make sense in Star Wars.

If you are still hung up on it. Please relay to me how this gravity works on Star Wars ships. Do you have the specs? How do you know where the center mass of the ship is? Why would the gravity be focused just under the seat? Are you sure that this particular fighter didn't have issues with it's gravity field? Or maybe it could have been a design flaw. Maybe it was because of the ships modifications. maybe it was the huge asteroids they were flying through.
when you have magic space wizards , all conventional rules go out the window. however, once you establish any rules in any universe, you should keep to them. does that scene violate any pre established rules?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

I have actually 'seen the specs' but you're not worth digging up the book. I'm not sure if this the one i have but it should answer all of your questions.

Gravity generation is done in the deck plates and is a variation of repulsor technology. The chiss and yhuzong vong had different methods. I think there are lots of methods. But the important bit is that it's only in freighters, yachts, and capital ships. There's no sense in generating gravity in a ship where you can't walk around. Ships also have inertial dampeners which are usually dialed down in fighter craft because the pilots like to feel the Gs.

Center of mass is basic physics. That doesn't change in space.

Think of a lightsaber like an arc welder that's been stabilized and extended.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Reading the tea leaves a bit here, but i'm going out on a limb and saying this won't air before early May even though at Celebration they said February 2023. This will be the Star Wars day release next year.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
"is February 22nd, 2023 on Disney+"
Click baity article.

spronk

FPS noob
In a few years it'll be interesting debating Mandalorian vs Andor, extremely different shows in every way.

I would have more respect for Mandalorian if they stuck with baby Grogu gone for a few seasons at least, but bringing him back and in such a weird way - hijaacking Boba Fetts show, LOL - isn't inspiring. Oh well, Filoni has earned more than enough trust for me to see where he goes with it.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I have Andor slightly ahead of Mando at this point. Andor is the depiction of the Star Wars universe as it should be.

Most of the other show's and the the new trilogy are either for kids/retards, or made by people with a political agenda outside of the SW universe.

I still say a Boba Fett show, written and produced by the Tony Gilroy team could have been the best thing ever. What a lost opportunity...

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
yfq9ehzq18b81.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
- hijaacking Boba Fetts show, LOL

Dude. Boba fett was just a season of mando. In years to come when they release the series on DVD, the boba season will be part of it. There was no weird hijacking. It was a weird extended vacation for all the main characters.

I think I have Andor slightly ahead of Mando at this point. Andor is the depiction of the Star Wars universe as it should be.

Andor would be perfect if andor himself didn't bother me so much. I'm surprised he doesn't sparkle in the daylight because the mopey moody bullshit might as well be ripped from twilight and thrown into space. I realized during the last episode that I love every part of the show that doesn't include him.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I still say a Boba Fett show, written and produced by the Tony Gilroy team could have been the best thing ever. What a lost opportunity...

We would have actually gotten the “Godfather in space” that people were expecting

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dude. Boba fett was just a season of mando. In years to come when they release the series on DVD, the boba season will be part of it. There was no weird hijacking. It was a weird extended vacation for all the main characters.
Before and after Boba Fett was released everyone was still saying it was really Mando 2.5.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We would have actually gotten the “Godfather in space” that people were expecting

It's funny Favreau stated its "Godfather in space" in his mea culpa, and that was his intention-- being he made the worst interpretation of Godfather of all time. F&F calling Boba Fett a Godfather interpretation and implying people wanted Conan instead did them no favors as creatives as they tried to interpret the backlash.

No, your Godfather shit just sucked and was all wrong. The fact that lessons weren't learned is something I'll be keeping an eye on with F&F.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i know i'll be watching this because wintertime there isnt anything going on. but damn i want Gina back. i really hope i resist the urge to watch this again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i will try to stay strong. maybe they did bring her back for an episode as a surprise cameo.
I think she has too much pride to go back. I'd prefer her back as well, but I don't blame her if she told them to fuck off.

• 1Like