The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They should have made this a serial "bounty of the week" type of show with a Mandalorian mytharc running through the series like X-Files or Supernatural. Could have easily churned out 200+ one-hour long episodes of that shit in a SW universe instead of this piddly shit
my hope is he passes baby yoda off to some chick and then goes back to work.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I mean if you think this show sucks you probably needed a Thorazine injection to get through a showing of TLJ.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show's existence is to market baby yoda dolls, nothing else matters, it just needs to be good enough for that
you would think that, but no. Disney had no plans to market Baby Yoda merch. they rushed shit out the door and this is what they are throwing at people.

Fucker

Log Wizard
you would think that, but no. Disney had no plans to market Baby Yoda merch. they rushed shit out the door and this is what they are throwing at people.

You greatly underestimate the skill it takes to run a ripple filter on a jpeg and print it on a shirt. It takes decades of training to operate at that level of graphic design.

DECADES

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But thats how simple Star Wars actually is. Its not all space dog fights and laser sword showdowns. Luke was just a simple farm boy who wanted to leave home to do more with his boring life.
why the fuck was Luke growing up for 18ish years saying

"morning uncle owen, morning aunt beru", why the fuck is he growing up like spider-man? why wasn't he just adopted?

• 1Worf

gauze

Molten Core Raider
They should have made this a serial "bounty of the week" type of show with a Mandalorian mytharc running through the series like X-Files or Supernatural. Could have easily churned out 200+ one-hour long episodes of that shit in a SW universe instead of this piddly shit
As much as I would agree, and would love to see a Cowboy Bebop esq Mandalorian.. I feel like 200 episodes would be overkill for a series with/without, unless it decided to go the 7 route then maybe; imo. Pretty sure we are kinda getting an inverted idea, where he is the high stakes bounty on the run.. they're gonna hash that out through the rest of the series, and given that they're putting heavy emphasis on foundlings and the idea of orphan with the mando mytharc inbetween it all, if not that being the front while the bounty hunting being inbetween. We just kinda ended the whole anime esq introductory arc.

It does just takes one bad ending to ruin it all, being that its Disney.. the good guy is probably not going to die and that they still trying to maintain that E rating. Yoda is there to sell the other half of the audience, and we will prob see more marketing when his story is more fleshed out. I think Fav was pretty adamant on not releasing any merchandise, given he doesn't even have a name, and a lot of times those toy boxes have a little quip of their background. My own theory is that Disney is pulling restraint because they're trying to pull star wars out of the gutter.. and mando, and other starwars based tv series is their hope. I'd put money on Fav ending up becoming the creative director over the Starwars universe.. I am semi sure a Darth Maul series was confirmed, and I think the Obi-Wan shit is going to end up a series too.

I'm reserved on saying its a good series until it ends, but I am entertained thus far.. if it were any other sci-fi theme that isn't Star Wars, I think i'd still enjoy it.. but depends on how they decided to make the world look. I don't think Altered Carbon story was that good, but I enjoyed the uhh cyberpunk/bladerunner scenery?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally some good Star Wars. For boys. If they had some Mandalorian toys out there they would outsell the shit out of any new trilogy toys. I know I'd buy a couple lego sets for my sons for Christmas.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
PSA,

please, let food = a better director, she's been putting on the chonk, hopefully that translates into good directing ability, for this family, the worst you look, the better you are at directing, like her daddy Ron
80267f87f2ca1e514424740004adc633.jpg

she directs this weeks eps

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
PSA,

please, let food = a better director, she's been putting on the chonk, hopefully that translates into good directing ability, for this family, the worst you look, the better you are at directing, like her daddy Ron

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that woman if her Spanx had a blowout.

• 1Garbage

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
PSA,

That is a chonky butt.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Multiple female speaking roles this week, which will no doubt appease nobody!
Also, enjoyed it! very seven two samurai!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Episode sucked. Yodakid is overplayed. Bryce only has a job because of her dad. Sidekick woman is the size of a Bantha's ass and about as attractive. Another episode of this shit, and they might as well rename the series Mandocuck: Space Jesus.

• 3Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users