The Mandalorian

Jive Turkey

Karen
If you've got $350 kicking around, this lifesized Baby Yoda from Sideshow is just about perfect

the-child_star-wars_feature.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
8 months till the start of season 2. 10/20
i really hope they dont go full Good Times. on Good Times. JJ said DY-NO-MITE! and America lost its mind. the show was all about him after that. if this show goes full on Baby Yoda every minute, that will be a good way to kill this show off.

Oldbased

> Than U
i really hope they dont go full Good Times. on Good Times. JJ said DY-NO-MITE! and America lost its mind. the show was all about him after that. if this show goes full on Baby Yoda every minute, that will be a good way to kill this show off.
Actually, Disney thought of this. There is talk of a baby yoda spinoff as well as other spinoffs. Disney needs content for the + service anyways.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

A spin off? the next season is obviously going to be about baby yoda... so what more do they want... they have 1 season to either stick with it and stretch it out 1 more season or use the season to properly develop it into its own show - not mando+baby show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I will assume ob is joking, i havent heard anything about a spinoff, they already cancelled the obi wan show and now mando is the only star wars live action show in the works.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I could see a Baby Yoda spin off set like 200 years after Mando leading into a new trilogy with him as a character.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't need to see a "teen" yoda giving cheezy one liners in yoda speak.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly with how disney is handling star wars right now... a yoda show would be all about young yoda talking normally until he gets hit in the back of the head and gets a speech impediment.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Licks hit. Kennedy banned from set of Season 2.

Favreau and Filoni poised to take over Lucas Film overall. Pinewood studios leaks jive with what came out of the Obi-Wan production stoppage.

Civil war is happening within Lucas Film. Kennedy loyalists vs people who aren't really feeling it.

Obi-Wan production was told when they begin production on the re-designed Obi-wan show, they can expect to be dealing with someone else. That means no more Kennedy.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
20 years ago, if you told me the fat guy from friends is about to stage a coup, trying to take over the entirety of star wars b/c he wants to save it...

tvgmonicaandpete.jpg

jon-favreau-ufc-fighting-on-friends.gif

and he is our only hope b/c his director credit is kick starting the MCU by directing Iron Man... and then he wrote the greatest star wars script in 40years

it's like he's the comic nerd sent from valhalla

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I had seen some of this right after the premiere but this is batshit... It really could trigger another wave of creative output the same way blue/greenscreen did in the 80s

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I will assume ob is joking, i havent heard anything about a spinoff, they already cancelled the obi wan show and now mando is the only star wars live action show in the works.
Actually wasn't. They have multiple spinoffs in the works.

No surprises, then, that Iger has said that there's potential for spin-off shows from The Mandalorian focusing on characters original to that show.

Speaking at Disney's investors call, he said: "The priority in the next few years is television with The Mandalorian season 2 coming in October, and then more coming from The Mandalorian thereafter, including the possibility of infusing it with more characters and the possibility of taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series."

The Mandalorian season 2 was also given a release date window: October 2020. The Marvel shows Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision were also given ETAs, August and December, respectively.

Meanwhile, there are more Star Wars spin-off shows on the way. As well as Mando season 2, there's the Obi-Wan Kenobi series – which recently had some scripting issues – and a series based on two Rogue One characters, Cassian Andor and K-2SO. Find out more about all the new Star Wars movies and shows 👈.

Should add that I actually agree with Iger on this move to reduce theater production a few years and increase television.
The animated series I haven't watched yet is in its final season. Disney+ clearly needs more content besides the functioning library of past titles and to keep up with Prime, Netflix, Apple+ and Hulu( which Disney owns ) needs its own series.
I'm happy for example that The Orville is now a Hulu original. I'd imagine it'll allow them to go beyond what they could get away with on Fox. Shame season 3 won't be out till late 2020.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
20 years ago, if you told me the fat guy from friends is about to stage a coup, trying to take over the entirety of star wars b/c he wants to save it...

tvgmonicaandpete.jpg

jon-favreau-ufc-fighting-on-friends.gif

and he is our only hope b/c his director credit is kick starting the MCU by directing Iron Man... and then he wrote the greatest star wars script in 40years

it's like he's the comic nerd sent from valhalla

Friends??? Fuckin foreigners...

He's like a big bear with claws and fangs.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Actually wasn't. They have multiple spinoffs in the works.

No surprises, then, that Iger has said that there's potential for spin-off shows from The Mandalorian focusing on characters original to that show.

Speaking at Disney's investors call, he said: "The priority in the next few years is television with The Mandalorian season 2 coming in October, and then more coming from The Mandalorian thereafter, including the possibility of infusing it with more characters and the possibility of taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series."

The Mandalorian season 2 was also given a release date window: October 2020. The Marvel shows Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision were also given ETAs, August and December, respectively.

Meanwhile, there are more Star Wars spin-off shows on the way. As well as Mando season 2, there's the Obi-Wan Kenobi series – which recently had some scripting issues – and a series based on two Rogue One characters, Cassian Andor and K-2SO. Find out more about all the new Star Wars movies and shows 👈.

Should add that I actually agree with Iger on this move to reduce theater production a few years and increase television.
The animated series I haven't watched yet is in its final season. Disney+ clearly needs more content besides the functioning library of past titles and to keep up with Prime, Netflix, Apple+ and Hulu( which Disney owns ) needs its own series.
I'm happy for example that The Orville is now a Hulu original. I'd imagine it'll allow them to go beyond what they could get away with on Fox. Shame season 3 won't be out till late 2020.

They're so fucking backward. In the past, spinoff shows were always a result of the popularity of a secondary character. They didn't decide they were going to do spinoffs before the fact. sounds like a recipe for more disaster. And it's not like the spinoffs of popular characters were a guaranteed hit either

#TeamMrFurley

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users