The Mandalorian

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
USA Up All Night was awesome. Silk Stalkings, Elvira, some A+ childhood boners.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
UPN was really good, it even had Morton Down jr and Howard Stern which got away with some outlandish shit that would never ever ever ever be aired on network tv today.

Cybsled

They were trying to out-edgy Fox, which at the time was the edgiest TV network. That's why you saw odd shit like Homeboys in Space and whatever lol

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Highlander is God tier 90s tv.

This was actually the first series I ever bought on DVD (so of course now I'm stuck with these THICK ass DVD cases). Even have The Raven because... that's what a fanboi I am. Too bad the actress is crazy - she was good, even if her series was... not the best.

First season of Highlander they were really trying to find their feet, and last season was... meh, but the rest was pretty sweet. And they have episodes that answer some very interesting (if not super obvious) questions - like, why aren't there kid immortals? Old people immortals?

I remember when I was 18, trying to put together a catalog of all immortals the show featured. A who's who of the immortal world.

I've never mentioned this to my fiance, for some strange reason... haha

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Even have The Raven because... that's what a fanboi I am.

I was a pretty big fan back then, I read every post in the highlander usenet group (which was the only fan forum I could find). I had never even heard of the The Raven so I got to watch it for the first time a few months back. It's pretty fantastic. I waited a couple months to watch the last episode because I didn't want it to end. I assumed it was shitty marketing that killed the show since I'd never even heard of it. Are you saying it was greyson being a psycho cunt?

Do you remember when The Raven happened during the run of Highlander? Was it that period when Amanda disappeared or did it come after?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was a pretty big fan back then, I read every post in the highlander usenet group (which was the only fan forum I could find). I had never even heard of the The Raven so I got to watch it for the first time a few months back. It's pretty fantastic. I waited a couple months to watch the last episode because I didn't want it to end. I assumed it was shitty marketing that killed the show since I'd never even heard of it. Are you saying it was greyson being a psycho cunt?

Do you remember when The Raven happened during the run of Highlander? Was it that period when Amanda disappeared or did it come after?

It's been a while since I dug into it all, but yeah, seems a bit coocoo for coco puffs. I recall that she and her male lead, the cop, HATED each other during essentially the entire filming. Then there was some major drama with the director or a producer or someone, where she made some claims about them trying to kill her, and other shit. It was all... pretty special, but I don't recall the details. IIRC the ratings were absolute shit, and that's why it was canceled, but I'm sure all the other BS didn't help. She may not have wanted to come back, too.

She also claims to have slept with Bill Clinton, and was actually subpoenaed, but refused to show up to court.

I don't recall the timeline of when The Raven happened compared to the show. I do recall reading that the season that had all the female immortal leads? That was them looking for a female to start a spinoff with, and they ended up going with Amanda (Gracen). Whatever else you can say about the show (Highlander), they really had a great cast, with her and Daltrey and the rest.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Guess that confirms the fan theories from the gunslinger episode

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It probably won't happen but I get a lil chub at the thought of a Boba Fett/Ahsoka fight.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks like they're going to be actually dealing with the existing IP storylines in season 2.

Must have got a big greenlight from Disney to be going forward with existing established characters.

Favreau's grip on Lucas Film has tightened.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
IP-Man died in Rogue One.

Out of timeline, with Ahsoka or what not, but Lucas Film has been creatively tepid about dealing with the "future" of events after ROTJ have they not?

Adding Ahsoka and Fett to the show, I take to be a huge vote of confidence. The seriousness of the script would be increased in light of these two characters portrayals being present since they are existing established core.

That's how I'm taking it.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Out of timeline, with Ahsoka or what not, but Lucas Film has been creatively tepid about dealing with the "future" of events after ROTJ have they not?

Adding Ahsoka and Fett to the show, I take to be a huge vote of confidence.

I mean the vote of confidence for this show came with them using Baby Yoda. That was Lucas' biggest darling and he refused people to write stories and shit that expanded on Yoda and his race. I mean they had the second season almost completed before the first one aired and the third season is already written and in pre production apparently.