The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I watched this last night and went in with no expectation at all. For only having one episode out it was enjoyable enough to watch and I look forward to seeing more. The only issue I had is there is no way to binge watch the entire season at once.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
No euro source yet? Disneyplus login gives a spinner. But where has the rum gone?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
that way they have you for a few months.....

weekly episodes..
instead of the nexflix series dump on release splurgefest.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll steal this via Sonarr and check it out tonight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought it was good, went in not expecting much, but it has me wanting more. Exploring Yoda's race which as far as the SW universe goes has always been a huge mystery, is definitely a big hook for me. The SW universe has unlimited potential and a TV series can actually dig deep enough to explore that potential, so we'll see how it goes. SW has so much anti fanboy-ism right now, they need to break that, and I think this is a good start so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
that way they have you for a few months.....

weekly episodes..
instead of the nexflix series dump on release splurgefest.

LOL between Verizon and all the other free year giveaways, why even bother if the first year is free for most.

People like binging, fuck this weekly installment bullshit, that shit died with cable TV.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the first episode, it wasn’t spectacular but it was good and looking forward to more.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was good, went in not expecting much, but it has me wanting more. Exploring Yoda's race which as far as the SW universe goes has always been a huge mystery, is definitely a big hook for me. The SW universe has unlimited potential and a TV series can actually dig deep enough to explore that potential, so we'll see how it goes. SW has so much anti fanboy-ism right now, they need to break that, and I think this is a good start so far.

Gay. People don't understand that some mysteries are good.

Why must Star Wars obliterate every speck of mystery? Fucking idiots. Even the EU got this right, the best they do is explain Luke never did figure out where Yoda was originally from or what his race was.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gay. People don't understand that some mysteries are good.

Why must Star Wars obliterate every speck of mystery? Fucking idiots. Even the EU got this right, the best they do is explain Luke never did figure out where Yoda was originally from or what his race was.
well it was only the first episode but they really didn't do much to explain anything so far. i assume we might get more information on yoda's race, but the way the show is so far, seems to be much more interested in character instead of exploring mysteries.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I watched it last night and again this morning. I actually enjoyed it more the second time. I am a huge Star Wars Fanboi, but I am going into this with my eyes wide open. My one knock is that it felt and looked kind of low budget, which was surprising to me. Then again maybe I am being too critical, did anyone else feel it was a little lower budget than they expected?

EDIT: I forgot that I have a 2nd knock....the learning to ride the Blurrg scene was a little too corny for my taste.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the low budget thing is trying to appropriate the feel of the original Star Wars. I think they're trying to go practical effects as much as they can and limit the CGI as that was a lot of people's gripe with the prequels. The only CGI that stands out to me besides ships flying over planets is the ice monster, but it was alright. Obviously hard to do a pratical effect for that. I'm hoping they use a puppet for the baby for later episodes.

Overall enjoyed it. Pilots tend to be worse than the rest of a series, so hopefully it only gets better from here.

• 1Like