The Mandalorian

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's fairly safe to assume that between the end of Rebels and ROTJ the Empire went scorched earth.

Which would mostly fit (Jarron is still way too young in that flashback, and that's still clearly a separatist battle droid) but as I mentioned earlier that would be some serious darkest timeline shit to have happen after the hopeful/triumphant note that Rebels finished on.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Which would mostly fit (Jarron is still way too young in that flashback, and that's still clearly a separatist battle droid) but as I mentioned earlier that would be some serious darkest timeline shit to have happen after the hopeful/triumphant note that Rebels finished on.

We have to guess how old the Mando is to figure out timing. The actor is 44. I am probably guessing he's not that old, however if he is. Then the Mando was born 37 years before the Battle of Yavin. That would make him like 5 years old during Phantom Menace and 15 during the start of the Clone Wars. He is 17 during the Mando Civil War and would have been 36 when Sabine helps to reunite some of the Mandalorian Clans.

Now, pretty sure a Foundling is basically just an orphan of Mandalorian heritage. Which means his parents were killed around age 15 by this timeline since it was done by a seperatist droid. This "purge" thing has to have happened in the period between the Mando Civil War and when Sabine reunites those clans. However this is only if his flashbacks line up and he was actually on Mandalore when his parents died.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Much in the same way that Jawas seem to be spread out across the galaxy i wouldn't be surprised if they make several clans and other organizations scattered about after the fall of the Empire. Not revealing their presence, only go out in set numbers and never remove their helmet? That's not likely to be a tradition that's some serious OPSEC.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Much in the same way that Jawas seem to be spread out across the galaxy i wouldn't be surprised if they make several clans and other organizations scattered about after the fall of the Empire. Not revealing their presence, only go out in set numbers and never remove their helmet? That's not likely to be a tradition that's some serious OPSEC.

Also Mandalorians had a huge swath of space and planets of their own. With the shit that happened on Mandalore and all the different Houses there is lots of room to grow their story. The Mando's clan doesn't even have to come from Mandalore proper.

The thing with the helmets I am sure is to not give away their numbers and faces. The one dude in Ep. 3 even talks about going out only 1 at a time and shit. They are obviously still in hiding and trying to rebuild their numbers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
as always, the threads here are more in depth than the TV shows, even the really good ones. thanks for filling in these blanks.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So in the third scene of the first episode I was 100% convinced that the Bounty hunter guild leader was Billy Dee reprising his Lando role, I had to convince myself otherwise through wikipedia.

I'm racist after all I guess.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Finally sat down tonight watched the first three episodes

Good shit. Disney dropped a solid wad of cash on this and it shows and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I have one complaint.

Can they stop trying to tie characters from the original trilogy into every single off shoot. The show was standing on its own two feet just fine.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have one complaint.

Can they stop trying to tie characters from the original trilogy into every single off shoot. The show was standing on its own two feet just fine.
that is the only issue i have with it, too much fan service, in ep3 alone, oh look somebody said, "itchuta" oh look, Mando's ship cycles down with the same sound effects as the Millenium Falcon breaking down, oh look the Tontino full of baskar is the same Hamilton Beach ice cream maker that the black dude was running with in Cloud City, oh look its the same scary torture device from ANH. oh look, its the same periscope eye from ANH, oh look, oh look, oh look. we get it, its fucking star wars. stop beating me with member berries. the show is fine. you dont have to nostalgia rape me.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It feels like they're scared to add new stuff to this galaxy far, far away.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The medical/interrogation droid is a standard imperial model, not exactly shocking that an imperial remnant would still be using one. I'm sure that's also not the only time that doorkeeping eyeball droid has been featured outside of the OT either.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So in the third scene of the first episode I was 100% convinced that the Bounty hunter guild leader was Billy Dee reprising his Lando role, I had to convince myself otherwise through wikipedia.

I'm racist after all I guess.

I thought it was Lando until I heard his name mentioned a couple times on a recap (....for episode 3)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just see him as Apollo Creed. Maybe when he dies in Rocky 4 his soul went to a galaxy far far away and was reborn as a mercenary guild leader.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is the guy who lost a hand to a croc in Happy Gilmore, to me.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
that is the only issue i have with it, too much fan service, in ep3 alone, oh look somebody said, "itchuta" oh look, Mando's ship cycles down with the same sound effects as the Millenium Falcon breaking down, oh look the Tontino full of baskar is the same Hamilton Beach ice cream maker that the black dude was running with in Cloud City, oh look its the same scary torture device from ANH. oh look, its the same periscope eye from ANH, oh look, oh look, oh look. we get it, its fucking star wars. stop beating me with member berries. the show is fine. you dont have to nostalgia rape me.

Warp drive motivators are made by a few companies in the galaxy. Incom Corporation and Sienar Fleet Systems are the two main suppliers. SFS supplies the imperials and Incom supplies the rest. Incom's small vessel warp motivators are as common there as Chevy 350's are in the USA. Small fighters only use one motivator; larger small vessels like the Falcon use the same motivator, but more of them in parallel. The sound they make when in parallel is due to them becoming out of phase with each other. It's the sci-fi version of a V-8 engine spinning a main bearing.

Sienar Fleet Systems was developing an ultra small warp drive motivator for use in solar system patrol vehicles....basically a warp capable motorcycle, but only over short distances. That program lost all of its funding when the Empire collapsed, though. Remember the speeder bikes from ESB? There were only a little bit larger.

12sa.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
finally decided to splurge on 3 eps...

i understand where that early reviewer was going to cry

yes, i felt like Tyrion here
tenor.gif

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
See, the posts by Chukzombi and Fucker illustrate exactly how the makers of this kind of show can't do everything right to all people. If you put some new stuff in, some neckbeard will come out and say "This is impossible, a Bowamba salesman in the Beruga sector would almost definitely use a Wongo 45b! It's total crap that they gave him something else in this series, they are totally retconning shit!!". See Star Trek Discovery for good rage about that kind of thing. So the Mando makers actually make Mando solidly part of established canon and yup, it's "too much fanservice".

Tough life for Jon...

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Canonically they are all alive and have just overthrown the Imperial occupation of Mandalore like a year or so before the Battle of Yavin. This is from 2018 during final season of Rebels.
I have not watched Rebels.. I would have expected the Mandalorians to have gotten butt-fucked sometime BEFORE the prequels. As, if you take the Kotor, and like lore on Mandalorians, it doesn't make alot of sense the Mandalorians would not have been hired in the Trade war, or Clone wars. They were a full on mercenary armada/warlords.

Fucker

Log Wizard
See, the posts by Chukzombi and Fucker illustrate exactly how the makers of this kind of show can't do everything right to all people. If you put some new stuff in, some neckbeard will come out and say "This is impossible, a Bowamba salesman in the Beruga sector would almost definitely use a Wongo 45b! It's total crap that they gave him something else in this series, they are totally retconning shit!!". See Star Trek Discovery for good rage about that kind of thing. So the Mando makers actually make Mando solidly part of established canon and yup, it's "too much fanservice".

Tough life for Jon...

You do know my post was a complete joke, right? I mean...the idea of warp capable motorcycles is very obviously a joke, as was all the BS I made up prior to that.

I like the new TV show, and I don't dig deep on the lore. I take the story at surface value, and I am happy with it.

You cannot compare this show to Discovery. Discovery is full of techno-babble of the highest fucking order. SPORE DRIVE? BLACK ALERT? They've had entire episodes of the crew talking in sci-fi memes at each other.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mandolorian might play a little fast and lose with some lore here and there but the spirit of star wars is alive and well here. Discovery doesn't have any idea what star trek is about

• 1Like