1576698346146.png

• 3Picard
  • 3WTF
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why do I get the feeling this was originally a tattoo of a dick, and the dude realized he could salvage it by turning it into a Baby Yoda.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The choke threw me off, only 2 characters i ever saw do that were dark side.

if i remember correctly, (and i'm sure i don't) somewhere in the legends stuff it talked about force powers being usable by any force user, it's just that certain powers; being more destructive in nature, tapped into the dark side. jedi didn't use them not necessarily out of principle, but out of their own protection as the jedi had become basically isolationistic in their ideals. for lack of a better description, they were afraid to use "dark side" powers because it MIGHT lead to corruption.

but like i said, i THINK there was something in legends that basically said it wasn't about what powers you used, but HOW you used them. mace windu used an extremely aggressive lightsaber style that was considered to tap into the dark side of the force, and i think there was another jedi that used force lightning. but... you know that's all out the window now so who knows.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gina's character is pretty decent too. She isnt a great actor, but she isnt bad by any means. Her character is calm, cool and rational. Not annoying in any way. Bravo.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So basically this season is just episode 1, 2, 3, and 7. The other three just seem like it wasn't needed. The main story is pretty cool and this episode is what I was thinking the whole season was going to be like.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Holy shit, that was a wicked episode. This is what the series should be. I hope they're able to carry this tone through the second season and trim all the cheesy shit that we saw mid season. How is this episode from the same series as the villager garbage? The tone is wildy all over the place, but when they get it right, it's good shit. Just have Deborah Chow direct them all
Also, Lucasfilms, take note: Cara Dune is how you write a believable, likable, tough female character. Gian Carano is killing it

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not to argue that the female twi'lek hissing at everything and behaving like Harley Quinn wasn't weird and out of place but the knives didn't seem like regular plain knives to me. When she threw them at Mando they seemed to have glowing purple edges, like the knives we see the cartel boss use in Solo, kind of. Plus I seem to remember she did throw some at droids and wrecked them, when we see her after they betray Mando.

Vibroblades. Almost as cutty as a lightsaber when turned on. Most blades in the star wars universe will be vibroblades.

btw. what are the downsides to hyperspace other than need good calculations and all that. why was the prison ship just putting around in normal space

Takes a lot of fuel. Not worth the cost if you have nowhere to be. There was a book where someone tried to hide in hyperspace for months and I think they went crazy. But that shit is no longer canon and they have decided fuel is a big issue.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Deborah Chow being the showrunner for Obi Wan's series has me feeling that it's in good hands after her episodes of Mandalorian.

The ending was super sad though :(

Note: why don't all the TIEs land like that?! Makes so much more sense than the silly hanging racks.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Deborah Chow being the showrunner for Obi Wan's series has me feeling that it's in good hands after her episodes of Mandalorian.

The ending was super sad though :(

Note: why don't all the TIEs land like that?! Makes so much more sense than the silly hanging racks.

That's a new, probably special, TIE. The old ones can land too and they have a ladder that drops down from the cockpit.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Gina's character is pretty decent too. She isnt a great actor, but she isnt bad by any means. Her character is calm, cool and rational. Not annoying in any way. Bravo.

YUP! She's totally fine, she's a badass without them making the male character a retard, and there's nothing about it being because she's female, etc. She's just a badass, she's respected, etc. I liked it when the guy was like "oh she should stay with the ship" and mando says "no she's coming with me." She has his respect. Fucking well done.

Fucker

Log Wizard
That's a new, probably special, TIE. The old ones can land too and they have a ladder that drops down from the cockpit.

I read that it is the Outlander Tie Fighter. It has enhanced all-wheel-drive, an expedition cargo rack, and LED lighting for deep space missions. I didn't make the name up, but it made me think of a Jeep Tie Fighter.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
thatsapenis.gif

Caught up on last couple pages here about Ep 6, and I don't get the vitriol. People taking this shit way too seriously for a show that's honestly kind of fun. It doesn't explain everything because fuck you it doesn't have to. Fill in the blanks you pretentious fucks. They're not doing anything that crazily breaks the universe or wildly outside the notions of what makes something Star Warsian. There is some cheese, but it's edible.

Also, I love the episodic aspect. It's the reason I can still re-watch Star Trek without having to watch every episode knowing which ones are great and which ones suck. I'll probably never go back and binge watch GOT or Walking Dead again. Only did with Breaking Bad after what ten years and because they released a followup film.

Ep 7 was awesome. Full on.
Breaking Bad looked a bit weird as what was that, effectively a Darth/Sith apprentice...? Crate dragons (?), force stuff, and double doublecross with the story finally moving forward since the first two episodes.
Saw this at a local comic shop.
20191216_113758.jpg

• 3Like