The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The scouts not being able to blast anything from literal point blank range was really offputting even if the rest of that scene was pretty cool. Pretty good season finale to a decent but not great show. Will very likely watch season 2.

Insert that'sthejoke.gif. That whole scene was pure comedy and seemed to me to be a big fuck you to Rian Johnson, like "this is how you do comedy in star wars, asshole!"
Also had a bit of a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern vibe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Insert that'sthejoke.gif. That whole scene was pure comedy and seemed to me to be a big fuck you to Rian Johnson, like "this is how you do comedy in star wars, asshole!"
Also had a bit of a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern vibe.

That would have been great if they were flipping a coin over and over and it kept being heads.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
Episode 8 of the Mandalorian made me 'feel' more than any of the Prequels and the Rey films.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My only complaint so far (and the wife and I are only around 5 episodes in). Is that he's constantly in this mode of "land on a planet in my ship capable of flying at FTL... then have to use some backwater-ass transport (break a wild beast to ride? seriously? busted ass land speeder cart? seriously?) to get where he needs to go".

Like when he lands on the planet and has to "bust a bronc" to ride because "you'll need it to get to where you're going" why doesn't he just say "hop in my space ship and let's just fly there..".?!?!?!?

I know it's to further push the Spaghetti Western.. BUT IN SPACE! motif, but seriously.....

We need to teach these people to fight with sticks and lure a AT-ST walker into a trap!... Or I could just fly my ship with it's DUAL BLASTER CANNONS over and blow these assclowns into tiny pieces....

SHM

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
My only complaint so far (and the wife and I are only around 5 episodes in). Is that he's constantly in this mode of "land on a planet in my ship capable of flying at FTL... then have to use some backwater-ass transport (break a wild beast to ride? seriously? busted ass land speeder cart? seriously?) to get where he needs to go".

Like when he lands on the planet and has to "bust a bronc" to ride because "you'll need it to get to where you're going" why doesn't he just say "hop in my space ship and let's just fly there..".?!?!?!?

I know it's to further push the Spaghetti Western.. BUT IN SPACE! motif, but seriously.....

We need to teach these people to fight with sticks and lure a AT-ST walker into a trap!... Or I could just fly my ship with it's DUAL BLASTER CANNONS over and blow these assclowns into tiny pieces....

SHM

One does not simply fly into Mordor!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That would have been great if they were flipping a coin over and over and it kept being heads.

That's what I meant. The shooting and missing repeatedly at a stationary piece of junk like 5 feet away was kinda like the coin flipping. And the one guy is all confused and smacking his blaster and shit like "Why the fuck can't I hit that?" Because stormtroopers are written to be terrible shots.

• 2Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Such a good way to end the season. My gripe with a lot of shows is the ending of a season is left with a huge cliff hanger.. While it delivers on a solid lead for s2, it also closes it out where I wouldn't have to watch season 2 to feel satisfied with s1.

It also answered a lot of questions I feel, with the whole Mando race or extremism by it being creed.. His interest in the baby as a foundling, the blacksmith bringing back some history and dropping jedi(imo chills) in such a good way. And callback for the foreshadow in ep3? Just strong all around.

The blacksmith was prob my favorite character, but after that scene.. Yeah she a boss. So fucking good.

This is also the most brutality we have gotten in the whole series. IG11 and the arm, smashed faces, and some blood ha.

As far as the convo a few pages back, this is taika through and through.. It felt as the opening scout scene is slightly jarring to the over all but was a taika call.. Has that very brit/new zealand slapstick humor/bantz. I was off put for a little but the dialog, references, and punches had me giggling. Definitely not something we would have seen in the other episodes.

Not a masterpiece of a show, but I find it a fun and entertaining ride. Standalone scifi show, I think I'd still enjoy it but it wouldn't be able to live without the starwars moniker for sure.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Show would be a mid-season cancel if it weren't for the Star Wars name and the fact that all the new movies are dogshit and have lowered everyone's expectations so much. This shit with the Mandalorians also clashes horribly with Rebels, even if it doesn't directly contradict it.

• 4GreNeg
  • 4Salty
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 11 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

SHM
ep 4 was a "payback" episode for ron howard making Solo at the last second. he got his daughter some director work. it was easily the worst episode, but at least it was just one and we got Gina as a result, though i'm sure BDH had no say in creating her character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
That pendant Baby Yoda is chewing on at the end? It's a mandalorian symbol for the Mythosaur, a legendary creature of Mandalorian lore (mentioned by Kuill in early episodes), and it's Boba Fett's emblem (on his pauldron). Mando says he hasn't seen that in a long time and tells Baby Yoda to hang onto it. I think that was a hint Boba Fett will be returning in season 2, especially after all those mandalorians died in the sewers, it's time for some payback.

mando had just given that to Gina carano when he thought he was going to die. It was meant to give them safe passage with the rest of the mandalorians

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I hope they have the balls to make baby yoda a Mandalorian. I would totally watch a yoda in a mando suit and a jetpack.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
While I think a small dose of Baby Yoda is ok, I’m a bit worried that the show will be focused too much on him in season 2, find out what race he is, what planet he is from and try to bring him there etc...

This is literally the set up for season 2... along with Mando showing B.Y. The Way

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is literally the set up for season 2... along with Mando showing B.Y. The Way
definitely, the surviving mandos will probably rally around him and he can forcechoke bitches all day when he feels like it. BY is a huge hit, no way are they just going to drop him off on Planet Yoda and move on like its no big deal.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
definitely, the surviving mandos will probably rally around him and he can forcechoke bitches all day when he feels like it. BY is a huge hit, no way are they just going to drop him off on Planet Yoda and move on like its no big deal.

I feel like it would take some balls to make him apart of the mandalorian culture/creed/whatever the fuck, rather it just a blip of BY life/adventure. My guess is hes a future proof plot that will eventually spawn his own show/movie once Pedro hangs up the helmet.. just doing some backwards Yoda history, but with future/growth since we knowingly can squeeze "850 years" out of his known 50 year existence.. eventually picking up everything jedi that has been dragged through the mud over the last few and shuttling "original" jedi/sith ip.. maybe even war oriented jedi's.. rofl

I'm still gunning for Fav trying to take the SWU chief creative director chair, and be like big brother Feige on a multi-billion dollar lot.. BY's success is his insurance policy.. and I guess its working-ish? lol

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I enjoyed the Darksaber reveal immensely.

Also I enjoyed the enemy being so durable and emerging from the TIE fighter, standing victorious, even in defeat. Cementing a formidable bad. A feeling of actual danger and menace, despite all the campy violence and losses the Imperial remnant took-- they captured the menace the OT had. The ending was well done, feels wise it struck the right chords.

Something the sequel trilogy lacked from day 1.

It might be a 5/10 series, but it's our 5/10 series.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i dont even think about "muh diversity" when it comes to this show.

it never came up with me and I'm sensitive to it. Nothing in this show tripped off diversity hire sensors at any point. It didn't come up with Lando back in 1980 either. There's ways to cast black men without slamming virtue down everyones throats that was lost in the 2000's.

Overall impressed, given current climate.

• 2Like