The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Season one does drag in the middle for a while, then gets good at the end. It's not bad per say, it's just sort of disposable and relies too much on having a Star Wars skin. Despite a few clunky moments, I'm enjoying the shit out of this season. It's worth the mild slog.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, lol. Gina actually somehow got even fatter. She looked even bigger than just a few episodes ago. her arms are impossibly fat. And whats so fucked about this gay world with Hollywood cancel culture bullshit is there was an article released a couple weeks back talking about how The Mandolorian showed a way for Gina to be written out of the story with the Republic shit, and lo and behold, thats exactly what happened. Its so crazy how online sentiment can literally derail/alter someone's life.

She is turning into a whale though. I defended her in the last episode she was in, comparing her to a Gears of War type character, praising her for pulling it off. Well, she isnt pulling it off anymore. She proabably wont show up again anyway after the next episode.

I thought this episode was OK. Boba Fett....yeah. I guess it worked out. Pretty decent set pieces. Too much blaster though. When I see a ship land, and then a bunch of Stormtroopers pour out, I am disappointed. You just know they will have zero effect on what is about to transpire. Even WITH fucking MORTARS! lol and heavy laser cannons, a lieutenant leader stormtrooper giving direction, they still couldnt get ANYTHING done.

Esposito was great in this episode. I loved his smile and expression after activating the Darksaber. He was very convincing with the Grogu puppet, you almost felt he was interacting with a real child. Such a great actor. Darksaber is fucking baller. Gideon is a boss actor, got legendary weapons, legendary mounts/ships, kill streaks, Darth Vaders legendary armor set, he is playing to win.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LMAO at the fucking stormtrooper mortar guy

they have hyperspace travel, moon sized space stations, laser rifles, hover bikes, laser swords.

lets try lobbing chemical explosives at our enemy with all the accuracy of a trebuchet

fuck, it needed a dinosaur. maybe some sort of flock of pterodactyls for an aerial battle with dark troopers

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
LMAO at the fucking stormtrooper mortar guy

they have hyperspace travel, moon sized space stations, laser rifles, hover bikes, laser swords.

lets try lobbing chemical explosives at our enemy with all the accuracy of a trebuchet

fuck, it needed a dinosaur. maybe some sort of flock of pterodactyls for an aerial battle with dark troopers
i mean mortars in that situation weren't actually a bad idea. she was hiding behind a bunch of cover, mortars make that kind of cover moot. the problem is that the explosives being used in the mortar were about as effective as these.
bangsnaps.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i mean mortars in that situation weren't actually a bad idea. she was hiding behind a bunch of cover, mortars make that kind of cover moot. the problem is that the explosives being used in the mortar were about as effective as these.
bangsnaps.jpg

this is a world where randos have fucking missiles in their knees, shuttle destroying missiles strapped to their back and wrist gauntlets with a dozen little homing mini missiles

the fact that a galactic empire has dumb mortars is laughably ridiculous. they should be wheeling out some 3 ft rack with 30 guided missiles

fuck the writing is laughably bad in this

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lots of flaws this episode,

like why would stormtroopers hand to hand somebody with no gun? why lob mortars when you are trying to take a live prisoner? why send in 2 ships of worthless fucks when you have 4 dark troopers to just yoink the baby yoda in a minute? yeah gina was not thicc in this episode. she is chunky now. she's still top tier for most men so it really doesnt matter. hopefully she keeps up the gym regimen she has now. she looked thinner. overall, still a good episode, kinda bummer we have to wait to see if anyone answers that jedi contact beacon.

Xevy

Log Wizard
"Why weren't the Storm Troopers good at their job?"

I'll let you all just think about what you're asking.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
its not about them being good at their job, it would just be nice if they posed at least SOME type of threat every now and then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Stormtroopers pose threats to normal folks, we aren't following normal folks in this series. This episode they were pitted against : Boba Fett, a legendary bounty hunter, Fennec, one of the most proficient assassins and snipers in the galaxy, and Mando, a rookie bounty hunter twinked from head to toe in level 60 armor with his new epic spear quest reward, and with a huge buff to plot armor.

In fact I noticed the stormtroopers actually hit quite a lot. But it was on beskar armor.

As far as why the stormtroopers are so poorly equipped in comparison to mercenaries and bounty hunters, it's the same reason as every other time the Empire displayed shitty tech : they don't care if they lose troopers or fighters because their strength is in overwhelming numbers.

It's like TIE fighters having zero shielding and no hyperspace capability compared to clunky ass X-Wings with heavy shielding, twice the firepower and being autonomous in space travel. Empire don't care if they lose pilots because they can replace them endlessly, while the Rebels are hit much harder for every pilot they lose.

Most of the time stormtroopers are patrolling streets, frisking people at markets and standing guard at some imperial dumbfuck's penthouse.

The elite mercenaries and bounty hunters we follow in this show however live a high-risk daily life where having the best tech / protection / weaponry money can buy is how they even became those legends, by living long enough to attain that status.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lots of flaws this episode,

like why would stormtroopers hand to hand somebody with no gun? why lob mortars when you are trying to take a live prisoner? why send in 2 ships of worthless fucks when you have 4 dark troopers to just yoink the baby yoda in a minute? yeah gina was not thicc in this episode. she is chunky now. she's still top tier for most men so it really doesnt matter. hopefully she keeps up the gym regimen she has now. she looked thinner. overall, still a good episode, kinda bummer we have to wait to see if anyone answers that jedi contact beacon.
If they reveal what Force user came for Grogu it probably won't be til like a stinger at the end of the season finale.

Also it took only 40 years for us to finally see why Boba was soo feared in the O.T.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Also it took only 40 years for us to finally see why Boba was soo feared in the O.T.

And also how deadly those fucking Gaderffii sticks are in the hands of a good fighter. We usually see them carried by Tuskens in the movies, was cool to see Boba brought some souvenirs from his stay on Tatooine.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Stormtroopers were supposed to be elite troops, but after the plot armor nonsense in the original movie they basically turned into incompetent memes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Stormtroopers were supposed to be elite troops, but after the plot armor nonsense in the original movie they basically turned into incompetent memes.

It's not just stormtroopers. It's almost every bad guy soldier in every movie ever against the heroes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
did Mando ever actually agree to the deal with Boba Fett? cuz it looked like he was about to tell them to fuck off and then Boba got his beskar on his own anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
did Mando ever actually agree to the deal with Boba Fett? cuz it looked like he was about to tell them to fuck off and then Boba got his beskar on his own anyway.
I think he was going to agree and then shit went down. I am kinda surprised that they made Boba that honorable. I was expecting him to just fuck off. Also they retconned Jango into being an actual Mandalorian.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also wasn't Boba's armor Durasteel and not Beskar?
Well they just retconned Jango into a foundling, so it could be Beskar now. It could still be durasteel though cuz Boba's armor is pretty beat up. We won't know til we see if it takes blaster hits.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think he was going to agree and then shit went down. I am kinda surprised that they made Boba that honorable. I was expecting him to just fuck off. Also they retconned Jango into being an actual Mandalorian.
by all rights, Boba should have fucked off with his azn girlfriend. its also not like Boba was a sworn enemy of the Empire. OT Boba would have kidnapped Baby Yoda and brought him to Moff Gideon himself. he knew what was being offered.

• 2Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also Grogu tossing those Stormtroopers around at the end was lol. I also laughed at those tiny fucking shackles they had for him.

• 3Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Stormtroopers pose threats to normal folks, we aren't following normal folks in this series. This episode they were pitted against : Boba Fett, a legendary bounty hunter, Fennec, one of the most proficient assassins and snipers in the galaxy, and Mando, a rookie bounty hunter twinked from head to toe in level 60 armor with his new epic spear quest reward, and with a huge buff to plot armor.
Rookie? It was pretty well established he's been hunting for years, or even decades. The Empire came to him because he was the best in the system.

• 3Like