The Mandalorian

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
All I could think of is how when Mando needed to quickly get back to the kid he decided to run up a mountain instead of grabbing the jetpack that he just put down. And the constant stream of Stormtroopers that charged Boba instead of shooting him, but then again Stormtroopers are idiots so maybe that's to be expected. And after Mando tried and failed to get through force field like 3 times maybe I should forgive him too for forgetting the jetpack since he's kinda retarded as well.

But overall pretty good episode.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The EU explanation of it was if I remember correctly that Fett dropped a thermal detonator inside of it since he'd rather die than be digested for 10k years then the sarlac spit him out, been a long time since I read that book.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
f526a83c90589e638d59ffe78943f4f3.jpg

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Mando is a shitty father. Can't even keep his baby yode from being stolen. If he gets it back CPS should confiscate it and put it in foster care.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Does Gina Carano get fatter every episode? Is that part of the storyline? I'd almost mistake her for a Hutt at this point.

spronk

FPS noob
we saw mando get eaten by a Krayt dragon and then spit out 2-3 episodes ago, and I think that episode also mentioned the Krayt dragon was nesting where a Sarlacc formerly lived, so we might get a Boba Fett explanation / flashback next season of how exactly he got out of the pit. Thats kinda reaching Solo the movie levels of "I really don't need these retcon explanations", so maybe they will never explain it which I am perfectly fine with. Filoni so far seems to have a pretty intuitive sense of what should be revisited and whats better left mysterious.

I don't really understand the confusion

Jango Fett was adopted as a foundling by the Mandalorians, grew up with the warrior training
he left at some point, kept his armor, became a template for the clone army, cloned a son, and passed down his armor when Mace Windu killed him
Boba Fett kept the armor but grew up as a bounty hunter, no real Mandalorian contact (unless we see otherwise)
the Mandalorians Wars occured, planet Mandalore is fucked up, Moff Gideon acquires the darksaber (to be explained)

I think some people are still confused by Mandalorians. 80% are normal people who don't even wear armor, many of these could be dead now. 15% are the warrior class who wear the Mandalorian armor, basically their army. They take helmets off no problem, and currently seem to be led by Bo-Katan with a goal of retaking planet Mandalore and getting the darksaber back (a symbol of rule). 5% are cult weirdos who worship beskar, live in hiding away from Mandalore, never take their helmets off. The Mandalorian is part of that 5%, and he (and we) only recently learned that the 5% do not represent most of Mandalorian society.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ya, I suspect they'll never fully explain how Boba escaped, but the Krayt dragon eating the Sarlacc seems like the most likely bet.

On a side note, the "leak" about the massive change midway through the season seems to be correct, although for different reasons then people were theorizing. With the Razorcrest destroyed and Baby Yoda captured and Mando potentially putting together a elite strikeforce crew does change the past formula for sure.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ya, I suspect they'll never fully explain how Boba escaped, but the Krayt dragon eating the Sarlacc seems like the most likely bet.

On a side note, the "leak" about the massive change midway through the season seems to be correct, although for different reasons then people were theorizing. With the Razorcrest destroyed and Baby Yoda captured and Mando potentially putting together a elite strikeforce crew does change the past formula for sure.
Whatever drama there was doesn't seem to have effected the show much at all.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode was awesome until the end. Giancarlo Esposito is just bringing the show down for me.

• 2Seriously?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never noticed the blue bit of the silver knob Grogu keeps playing with till this episode. Looked like R2's head. Guessing it's an Easter egg.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol Esposito has been great, like he is in everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I thought it was funny that
The Razorcrest gets blown up shortly after the mega crowdfunding campaign for the extremely detailed Hasbro/Kenner toy concludes. Since it was a non-standard type of ship that predated the clone wars I'm gonna guess he doesn't just pick up a new Razorcrest and instead ends up with a new vehicle. Using Slave-1 for now is pretty baller however.

• 2Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it was funny that
The Razorcrest gets blown up shortly after the mega crowdfunding campaign for the extremely detailed Hasbro/Kenner toy concludes. Since it was a non-standard type of ship that predated the clone wars I'm gonna guess he doesn't just pick up a new Razorcrest and instead ends up with a new vehicle. Using Slave-1 for now is pretty baller however.

A lot of people dropped $350 on the Razorcrest assuming it was going to be the new iconic ship going forward, similar in stature with the Millennium Falcon. They’re all pissed off right now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'd spend money on great models of actual ships like HMS Bounty and people to this day buy completed or assemble models of the Titanic.
So the fact that it is gone shouldn't be a huge deal to most.

I'm shocked they vaped it due to the money spent on modeling and the cockpit building for filming.
Though they don't really throw shit like that away at Disney. It'll be saved for future films/episodes.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The razorcrest has been trashed completely several times in 2 seasons. Mando likes that ship. He will get another.

Goatface

i enjoy the show, but the stroomtroopers are pretty much comic relief at this point. the fight reminded me of an old web comic, bunch of bad guys sitting in hell talking.
how did you die?
-got shot in the foot
and that killed you?
-instantly

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The razorcrest has been trashed completely several times in 2 seasons. Mando likes that ship. He will get another.
The way they framed how old and rare the Razor Crest was he's probably not gonna find a similar ship.

• 1Solidarity