The Mandalorian

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Feels good to enjoy Star Wars again. After TLJ threw my hopes in a meat grinder, I was second guessing everything as it happened.

• See the X-wing, thinking nah, it won't be him they won't do it. It's gonna be some new random person.

• See hooded figure on the security camera, well it's a Jedi, but surely it's not him

• See green color of lightsaber on bridge, big deal blue and green are standard good guy colors.

• See outstretched gloved hand and that iconic hilt in cargo bay, Ok this is getting hard to deny are we really doing this? It's gotta be right? No joke I'm getting body chills at this point but still doubtful.

• See him take the hood off, Holy shit it is Luke! Wait, or is it, is there gonna be a clone fakeout or some other bullshit? The rug could still be pulled out from under me.

• See R2-D2 roll in as if hearing that question.

This is not a trick, we are not fucking you over, you get to enjoy this.

• 9Like
  • 8Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I realize that.

So let's put an airlock in the room where we keep our most prized possessions of the ship that can be easily ruined with the flick of a switch.

You're the guy that thinks Michael Corleone wasn't building up nerve to shoot Solazzo though, so... your post shouldn't surprise me. It's just another Friday ultimately.
And you couldn't answer the question if you agree the scene was a homage.

Plus did you not notice that they survived being jettisoned? Jesus Christ and you imply I'm dumb

As has been pointed out, it's an airlock, presumably to allow them to drop into combat zones and re board, as in the kidnap episode.

Have you never seen war film's with para troopers being deployed out the back of a big plane with a ramp that folds down at rear of plane

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Feels good to enjoy Star Wars again. After TLJ threw my hopes in a meat grinder, I was second guessing everything as it happened.

• See the X-wing, thinking nah, it won't be him they won't do it. It's gonna be some new random person.

• See hooded figure on the security camera, well it's a Jedi, but surely it's not him

• See green color of lightsaber on bridge, big deal blue and green are standard good guy colors.

• See outstretched gloved hand and that iconic hilt in cargo bay, Ok this is getting hard to deny are we really doing this? It's gotta be right? No joke I'm getting body chills at this point but still doubtful.

• See him take the hood off, Holy shit it is Luke! Wait, or is it, is there gonna be a clone fakeout or some other bullshit? The rug could still be pulled out from under me.

One guy on youtube pointed out that Luke can now force crush. That seems to be a new ability. That episode needs rewatching.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do not take force crushing as a new ability.

It is just a stronger and more focused version of the ability to lift and move objects. You can physically throw an empty coke can. It uses muscles in the hands to both guide and grip the can. You can also simply crush the can using the same muscles.

Now if Luke Skywalker started shooting purple lightning out of his finger tips, that would be a new ability.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
i think my favorite part of the episode was luke gets done fucking shit up, and Mando just stands there and asks, “Are you a jedi?”

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Luke can now force crush. That seems to be a new ability.
giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it's just force choke but on a droid. absolutely not a new ability
see, i was thinking that he was just putting a choke move on a droid. but it looks like he did in fact crush him all over like a beer can as Mahes is saying. even still i think it could be at least a new aspect of an ability. have we ever seen a force crush before?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
see, i was thinking that he was just putting a choke move on a droid. but it looks like he did in fact crush him all over like a beer can as Mahes is saying. even still i think it could be at least a new aspect of an ability. have we ever seen a force crush before?
oh, yeah he was absolutely crushing that droid. but i meant he was using the same TYPE of power as force choke. except just... all over. if you can put pressure on a small area like a throat, and have enough fine control to squeeze without just crushing the larynx so that you don't actually KILL the person... i can only assume it's EASIER to do the same thing on a grander scale and not worry about going too far, so to speak.

i think we've seen similar things... didn't obi-wan crush grevious in the movies? at the VERY least the cartoons showed that that's how he got his signature wheeze. i think mace windu did it in gendy tartakovsky's clone wars (those 3 minute shorts BEFORE they were a show). also pretty sure anakin crushed a bunch of sand people in ep2... i think

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U

I love how when looking at the monitor the saber appeared as white. It was to make people think for a minute it was slender chick. Then they show the actual action and it's green and you just know.
Neat little misdirection on their part.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
I love how when looking at the monitor the saber appeared as white. It was to make people think for a minute it was slender chick. Then they show the actual action and it's green and you just know.
Neat little misdirection on their part.

and the obvious shot of a gloved right hand

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was thinking. Grogu probably had more actual Jedi training than Luke at this point. lol

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do most bros here feel about prequel Yoda?

I know a lot of neckbeards complained that Yoda being an athletic savant was dumb, and him flipping around all over the place with a little lightsaber was nonsense. I disagree. I actually like the fact that Master Yoda was a fucking badass Jedi. yeah the old wise master who is cunning and reserved is cool and fits him as well, but there is nothing wrong with the notion of him not only being a threat, but a force to be reckoned with. I mean, how would he have the gravitas to assume the mantle of leader and master if he was utterly handicapped and unable to effectively fight? Yeah he is an incredible force user, which kind of trumps fighting prowess (see Sidious) but the added allure of him being a acrobatic badass when he needs to was awesome IMO.

Which brings us to Grogu. He has already shown proficiency in the force, but do you guys think he will end up becoming a fully fledged Jedi who also is capable of wielding a lightsaber?

edit: Its been a while since I talked about lightsabers and postulated about jedi prowess and different scenarios etc. Feelsgoodman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I saw Kathleen Kennedy in the credits as Executive Producer. She couldn't have possibly had any creative input in this whatsoever imho.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

Grogu would have been like 16-20 when at the jedi temple, if basically a toddler now, he would been about like 6 month old maybe?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How long is it between Luke joining Grogu on Giedons ship and the Kylo Ren debacle at Lukes training temple or whatever?

And where does Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels fall in relation to Mandolorian time?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How long is it between Luke joining Grogu on Giedons ship and the Kylo Ren debacle at Lukes training temple or whatever?

And where does Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels fall in relation to Mandolorian time?

Iirc Mando is 5 years after RoTJ and so it should be 25 years until Ep 7.
So how long was Luke in the Exile? 10 years??
If that’s the case then it’s 15 years until the debacle with Kyle Ren

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Iirc Mando is 5 years after RoTJ and so it should be 25 years until Ep 7.
So how long was Luke in the Exile? 10 years??
If that’s the case then it’s 15 years until the debacle with Kyle Ren
You mean potentially never because they are going retcon that shit into an Alternate Universe.

• 5Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 5 users