The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Why does a high tech warrior tribe live and train in the equivalent of mud huts?
Why are the huts located in the next to the dinosaur lake 2 doors down from the dino nest. Yet the warriors shove thiertumbs up thiere asses non stop.
Why are they climbing a monolith with heavy armor and jet packs "for stealth?" Just to get surprised by a huge bird they are chasing and use the jet packs anyway.
Why do you hide under a rock to not be seen yet start a fire that can often be seen for miles. (smoke goes up right?)
How many idiots stumbled back to the fire 2 min to early and saw the War party leader snacking and had them kicked out the covenant?
Why would the mamma bird wait to feed his babies until all the baddies showed up? did he take a detour to check out the sale at the local mall?

Are we seriously going to have Grogu ride one of these baby birds along side Bo and Mando.....what else could they mean ?

I like the show but the Mando "civilization" in this show is ridiculous.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
you hide under a rock to not be seen yet start a fire that can often be seen for miles. (smoke goes up right?)
How many idiots stumbled back to the fire 2 min to early and saw the War party leader snacking and had them kicked out the covenant?

I like the show but the Mando "civilization" in this show is ridiculous.
Wouldn’t it be COOL!!!!! was probably said a lot as they wrote the script at a round table. To be fair, most of the writers probably know absolutely nothing about living in a situation like that so didn’t comprehend the failures of this logic.

The helmet off eating triggered me. Mando should have said he only took his helmet off to eat to the armorer. It would have been better if they all ate like pros with their helmets on and she really struggled with it. Could have even made a scene like that funny. I feel like this season is just a bunch of wandering and missed opportunities. It kinda feels like Obi Wan where there was just constantly things going on that had me confused about what people are thinking. This is what you get when you kick out people willing to criticize your work and end up with a bunch of yes people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How far did the 8 of them have to walk to be out of Eye sight of each other so they could eat with no hats, but at the same time NOT Be seen by the flying predator whos nest they are chilling at...

velk

Trakanon Raider
So look, here is what that whole sequence set up. The dragon has murdered a mando before, and when they were snatched, other mandos followed it until they ran out a fuel. So instead of going back and getting a ship, then following the heading the beast was on, when they lost it, they just fuck off, "Guess we didn't like him that much." The longer the line the narrower the propable course was. So if they have 30 minutes of fuel, thats a pretty damned good idea which way it was going. That heading to search on, will always be there, even if the mando that was taken is dead. So even if they had no ships currently on world, as soon as one gets back, it should have been off to the hunt.

100% agree, I was coming here to gripe about this myself ;p

It's actually *worse* than that though - when they are about to start climbing up for the rescue, the dialogue from the chief numbskull is
so we have to make sure not to fire on the raptor. It will kill the foundling if attacked. It has happened before when it has taken others.

So, not only do this bunch of knuckleheads live next to a child eating monster, it has previously eaten *multiple* children, they *know where it lives*, they have gone to get their kids back, said monster has murdered the children in retaliation, and then they just shrugged and went home, and fucking left it there.

It's actually a crossover from the alien franchise - these guys went AWOL from the Prometheus because they thought the crew were elitist intellectuals

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
It would have been better if they all ate like pros with their helmets on and she really struggled with it. Could have even made a scene like that funny. I feel like this season is just a bunch of wandering and missed opportunities.

I could see some comedy there with her trying various ways to work out how to eat stuff, only to realize that everyone else has already finished and is cleaning up. Not very realistic, but neither is what they actually did.

I suppose that implies it's canon that they have sex with their helmets on ?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They’ve backed themselves into a stupid corner with the whole helmet thing. It should really be don’t reveal your face to outsiders but it’s fine to do so to your covert.

For one, it would make it less than piss easy for spies to bump off a Mando and then wear their armour and infiltrate the covert.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bo katan has gotta be thinking that all the mandos are dead excpet this group of smooth brains that are so irrelevant nobody has bothered to come kill them yet.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wife said…wait they have kids. So they have sex with their helmets on? Imagine a whole culture of butter faces…
As mentioned before this episode made zero sense and definitely worst of the bunch. The shooting at nothing into the water was also some of dumbest shit.
Basically we learned Grogu jump good.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dumb episode. Even my girlfriend who doesn’t watch this said it was dumb and the helmet thing is dumber.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Forcing people to keep helmets on aint that far fetched.

s-l500.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Started watching this season. Couldn’t get through 2 episodes is it getting better ? Sick of the baby yoda crap …

• 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Started watching this season. Couldn’t get through 2 episodes is it getting better ? Sick of the baby yoda crap …
every new episode is the worst yet. they waited 2 years to release this mess. you can tell they had to abandon their long term arch and cobble shit together new because KK fired Gina and forced Favraeu to bring back "the Merch" AKA Baby Yoda.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
every new episode is the worst yet. they waited 2 years to release this mess. you can tell they had to abandon their long term arch and cobble shit together new because KK fired Gina and forced Favraeu to bring back "the Merch" AKA Baby Yoda.
Ya sounds like the merch money grab

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I mean we had restaurants in the US telling people to put your mask back on between bites. So no, it doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Retarded, yes

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I mean we had restaurants in the US telling people to put your mask back on between bites. So no, it doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Retarded, yes
Yea, they’ve definitely gone retarded with it. Obviously it should be possible to remove the helmet with your clan and in privacy and what not at a minimum, heck mando takes his helmet off when he’s alone season one, doesn’t he? Always wearing it no matter what raises a lot of questions that have only stupid answers. The show has definitely started to like the smell of its own farts, but we’ll see if it improves. I enjoyed s1 and 2 enough that I’ll keep going for now, though s2’s divergence from the style of S1 did have me concerned we’d end up here.

I liked mando more when he was just some nobody fixing peoples problems.

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yea, they’ve definitely gone retarded with it. Obviously it should be possible to remove the helmet with your clan and in privacy and what not at a minimum, heck mando takes his helmet off when he’s alone season one, doesn’t he? Always wearing it no matter what raises a lot of questions that have only stupid answers. The show has definitely started to like the smell of its own farts, but we’ll see if it improves. I enjoyed s1 and 2 enough that I’ll keep going for now, though s2’s divergence from the style of S1 did have me concerned we’d end up here.

I liked mando more when he was just some nobody fixing peoples problems.

I hate to say it but it's Disney. There's no such thing as one off stories anymore, it's always something that will lead to something else. The MCU ruined a lot of things in that regard.