The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Fucker

Log Wizard
apparently, switch, the chick who was all in white in the first movie, was supposed to be a male in real life, and a girl in the matrix. which was what that line about the matrix being a digital representation of your mental self was about.

i don't know when that changed, or who made the call, but it's pretty clear that the wachowski's had to answer to at least enough people that they were told how poor an idea that was.
This is what Neo looks like.

t453.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like this movie filmed and wrapped really fast. And is releasing outta nowhere.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like this movie filmed and wrapped really fast. And is releasing outta nowhere.

it was also completely rewritten at breakneck speed. it wasn't just filmed fast, it was also whipped up extremely fast after agent smith got fired from the production and they had to rewrite a whole new movie.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe they are going with 1999 era CGI to duplicate the look of the original? i assume thats easier to do now. if not that then it will be on the scale of Demonic CGI.

• 1Garbage

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It's funny because in 1999 that idea for Switch might have actually been interesting. In 2021 I instantly reject it as dickchopper propaganda.
The original casting plan for the first Matrix was that all of the heroes would be black, and all the agents white.

Hollywood creatives haven't become more liberal, the studio heads have stopped reigning them in.

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The original casting plan for the first Matrix was that all of the heroes would be black, and all the agents white.

Hollywood creatives haven't become more liberal, the studio heads have stopped reigning them in.
well, it does make some sense. this version of Zion was mostly all black and so the previous "One" would have been too. thats why the theory was that Morpheus was the previous "The One" and that he spent his whole life rebuilding Zion and bringing his brothas and sistahs out of the matrix to repopulate it.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
It's funny because in 1999 that idea for Switch might have actually been interesting. In 2021 I instantly reject it as dickchopper propaganda.
It was dickchopper propaganda in 1999, too. We just hadn't been fed so much of it because they weren't finished normalizing gays at that point and weren't ready to move onto destroying gender yet. People would have Noped out of all of that shit, the L's the B's the G's and certainly the T's and everything following after if you had told them what was coming back then. They had to boil the American Frog way more slowly than that.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was dickchopper propaganda in 1999, too. We just hadn't been fed so much of it because they weren't finished normalizing gays at that point and weren't ready to move onto destroying gender yet. People would have Noped out of all of that shit, the L's the B's the G's and certainly the T's and everything following after if you had told them what was coming back then. They had to boil the American Frog way more slowly than that.
I mean maybe thats what the Wachowski freaks would have meant it as, but to me in 1999 it would have been a fascinating Sci-Fi concept.

Thank god they didn't get to do that though because then we'd never stop hearing from dickchoppers about how The Marix is all about them.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if Matrix was a loveletter to dickchoppers we wouldnt be discussing it today. To Wong Fu never helped anyone's career.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I used to wonder all the time back then “how do the characters know what they look like in the Matrix when they’ve never seen themselves in the real world?”
I thought having different actors play the characters in the two different worlds would have been interesting

now that that’s out of the way, is this confirmed to be a sequel? Maybe this is a prequel film about a previous version of The One before “our Neo”

Didnt the multiple screens in The Architects chamber hint that The One always looks like Reeves?

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I used to wonder all the time back then “how do the characters know what they look like in the Matrix when they’ve never seen themselves in the real world?”
I thought having different actors play the characters in the two different worlds would have been interesting

now that that’s out of the way, is this confirmed to be a sequel? Maybe this is a prequel film about a previous version of The One before “our Neo”

Didnt the multiple screens in The Architects chamber hint that The One always looks like Reeves?
I mean, who knows. There are all kinds of things that just were flst out not explained. Like Seraph.

Is Carrie Anne moss in this one? I haven't really been following it at all but she died in the third one so if she's in it that COULD point to something like that?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

like was said, its a big who knows. Neo's name is an anagram for One, his matrix name is Anderson which means "son of man" . so maybe he was always destined or designed to be The One. the architect possibly wasnt showing earlier iterations of Neo, but alternative reactions Neo would give to what the Architect was saying. it suggests that Neo is part of the Matrix within the Matrix and those alternative reactions are part of what his programming lists as his possible reactions. i dunno. i think i'm pulling that out of my ass, but i still am of the belief that the end of Reloaded was meant to imply that there are in fact 2 or more levels of the Matrix.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it was meant to imply the wachowski sisters aint got a clue

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was meant to imply the wachowski sisters aint got a clue
well yeah, which is why i believe they had help writing this shit. nothing theyve done since Reloaded suggests that they were this deep in world building.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like