The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
but why on earth would you waste time and money to see it in theaters when tomorrow you can see it at home for free
Well if you thought it was going to be a good mov- oh, right. Nevermind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im going to watch just for the visuals and no plot. Everyone says Its better than the sequels but thats easy to do.

They keep trying to compare this to TFA and it makes a lot sense.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This is getting pretty bad reviews in the press. lol

Box Confetti GIF by 43 Clicks North
Overall, combined with most major sources, it's pulling around a 7/10

For me, It's better than the second and third. Not great, not horrible. I'd watch another if they made it.

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Im going to watch just for the visuals and no plot. Everyone says Its better than the sequels but thats easy to do.

They keep trying to compare this to TFA and it makes a lot sense.

You'll think it's okay if that's your stance going into it I think.

I get TFA references people are making as well.

Many here will hate it because that's what here does. But it was alright.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
eww a 720p rip. whatever guess i'll give it a go since i'm gonna be out of town the next week.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Just got done watching it. It was better than I thought it was going to be: I was expecting a 5 out of 10 movie. Surprise villain for me, and some neat takes. Better than TFA since they played that part right up front and wore it on their sleeve. The backstory was better than I expected and some pretty good/OK ideas about how they got to the place where they are at the start. A little bit of the SJW, I thought they were going to do OK with that until the very end of the movie and they blew their GRRRL PWR with the final action set piece; some people may not mind it but it ruined a lot of goodwill I had surprisingly built up in spite of my super low expectations. There were a couple of cringe moments that should have been way better; there was one fight where it looked like they were just trying to cram in member-berries from two different Matrix 1 moments in a 80's music video style with cameos. I swear they could have played the "New Order- True Faith 1987" during that fight and it wouldn't have been out of place.

Overall I would say better than expected 7.5 out of 10. It's really kind of one and done, though; not nearly cool enough to sit through it again; takes too long to get going and then takes too long to go anywhere, its a nostalgia tour. I don't think that competing against Spiderman and playing on HBO Max it will make enough to spawn any more sequels, which is kind of a shame. Now that you have done a TFA tour and set new ground rules, I think there is the potential to do cool stuff. Whether they could utilize of that potential remains to be seen but I would love to see them burn some WB money in the attempt.

Edit:
Full Spoilers
Architect has been overthrown by Neil Patrick Harris "Analyst"; Oracle has disappeared
Analyst has burned down Zion; people now live in new hidden city Io along side machines, now called "sentients"
Rebuilt/Resurrected Neo and Trinity
Neo and Trinity combine for the most power of the Anomaly
Keeping Neo and Trinity alive but separate gets best juice from "coppertops"
Neo is now back in Matrix as a game programmer, with Smith as his "partner", who is also trapped
Sees Trinity, now called Tiffany (who has fake husband and kids )every day but no contact
------
Movie starts out with new ship captain "Bugs" looking at Nodal, code Neo "Thomas Anderson" built into his game
Essentially replays opening scene with Trinity but it goes wrong, Agents capture Trinity until Bugs intervenes, who then gets caught by another agent, who is new Morpheus, made by Neo, part Smith, part old Morpheus
Bugs unplugs Agent Morpheus and gets them both out
Neo has sessions with Analyst, keeps seeing scenes from previous movies throughout his day
Analyst gives him Blue pills, while take flashes of Neo as old
Neo finally meets Trinity and shakes her hand, has weird connection when they touch
New Morpheus tries to get Neo out but cops show up and firefight starts, Smith picks up gun and kills Neo, who comes to at Analyst office.
Goes home is going to jump off roof but Bugs shows up and convinces him to take Red pill to save Trinity
Analyst sees Neo through mirror and tries to pull him back through
They walk through portal to train in Japan to try to avoid agents
All of sudden passengers get "Matrix code" eyes and crew yells "Swarm" as passengers go berserk and attack
Bugs and co get Neo out through tiny mirror as Sentient picks Neo up from remote place in machine city, with another pod for trinity
Scene where Neo has to fight to stay alive in real world to kick Blue Pill habit, Kung Fu Dojo fight with New Morpheus
Exposition, where crew explains about new state of world, some good machines, architect overthrow, etc., Analyst not yet revealed.
Neo taken to Io, where they meet Old Niobe, Jada Pinket Smith in a ton of make-up
More Exposition about overthrow, missing Oracle, Morpheus getting killed and Zion Wipeout
Neo imprisoned by Niobe to not risk peace, Bugs breaks him out to go get Trinity
They go and try to break Trinity out, Smith gets in the way, reveals he hates Analyst but has to answer to him, that he can't be free as long as Neo is risk
Smith brings in Merovingian and his exiles, stupid fight breaks out; Morpheus loses to Smith like in first Matrix, Neo beats Smith like in first Matrix
They find Trinity and try to break her out;
Analyst shows up and pulls "Bullet time" where he stops Neo and fires slowmo bullet at Trinity, threatens Neo that if he doesn't come back, Next time he'll kill Trinity.
Io Ship shows up and tells them to come back and face music for breaking Neo out.
Back at Io, Sentient, which turns out to be Sati (little girl program from Revolutions, now grown up) shows up and says there is a limited window to get Trinity due to Analyst's overconfidence
Complicated plan explained as it is executed much like in Revolutions; they get Trinity out of pod via shenanigans but in Matrix she starts to choose fake husband and kids over Neo
Suddenly she has a "My name is Neo" moment and her husband goes Swarm; she starts kicking ass
Analyst pulls Bullet time and get ready to execute her
Suddenly Smith walks in moving at normal speed; starts kicking the Analysts ass
Huge fight breaks out and Trinity and Neo try to reach each other.
They touch and huge explosion seems to win the day
Analyst finally reaches black cat he has been chasing which seems to give him power and he orders full lockdown
Smith shoots Analyst and then announces their little alliance is at an end and mentions he could be anyone or "everyone"
Super Swarm starts coming down the streets in every direction towards crew
They ask Neo if he can fly (running theme in movie) He tries and starts to but still can't.
Trinity and Neo ride off on motorcycle with Neo using One powers to get them out, Swarm closing in
They get to rooftop and it looks bleak, with cops/soldiers all around
They go to jump off roof like in previous moments where Neo flew but he can't fly and starts to fall but she can, and lifts them up to safety.
They awaken on the ship and stare at each other reunited.
Next Scene, Trinity and Neo show up at Analyst's office, blow it up, kick the shit out him, and then they all talk about is going to happen next (what, now are you going to change everything? Yes, we are going change everything. We also wanted to say thanks for a second chance.) It seems they are both flying and have the powers of the One.
End credits
[/Spoilers]

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but good lord they are too old for this type of movie. Fight scenes felt reeeeeeeeeally lackluster.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The big selling point of the original was bullet time and "authentic" wire kung fu fight scenes. Bullet time was before we all got cgi fatigue - now in this one the action sequences just look generic, likewise with the fight scenes

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Couldn't finish it last night, finished today... this was real fucking dumb and almost non-stop cringe.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just got done watching it. It was better than I thought it was going to be: I was expecting a 5 out of 10 movie. Surprise villain for me, and some neat takes. Better than TFA since they played that part right up front and wore it on their sleeve. The backstory was better than I expected and some pretty good/OK ideas about how they got to the place where they are at the start. A little bit of the SJW, I thought they were going to do OK with that until the very end of the movie and they blew their GRRRL PWR with the final action set piece; some people may not mind it but it ruined a lot of goodwill I had surprisingly built up in spite of my super low expectations. There were a couple of cringe moments that should have been way better; there was one fight where it looked like they were just trying to cram in member-berries from two different Matrix 1 moments in a 80's music video style with cameos. I swear they could have played the "New Order- True Faith 1987" during that fight and it wouldn't have been out of place.

Overall I would say better than expected 7.5 out of 10. It's really kind of one and done, though; not nearly cool enough to sit through it again; takes too long to get going and then takes too long to go anywhere, its a nostalgia tour. I don't think that competing against Spiderman and playing on HBO Max it will make enough to spawn any more sequels, which is kind of a shame. Now that you have done a TFA tour and set new ground rules, I think there is the potential to do cool stuff. Whether they could utilize of that potential remains to be seen but I would love to see them burn some WB money in the attempt.

Edit:
Full Spoilers
Architect has been overthrown by Neil Patrick Harris "Analyst"; Oracle has disappeared
Analyst has burned down Zion; people now live in new hidden city Io along side machines, now called "sentients"
Rebuilt/Resurrected Neo and Trinity
Neo and Trinity combine for the most power of the Anomaly
Keeping Neo and Trinity alive but separate gets best juice from "coppertops"
Neo is now back in Matrix as a game programmer, with Smith as his "partner", who is also trapped
Sees Trinity, now called Tiffany (who has fake husband and kids )every day but no contact
Movie starts out with new ship captain "Bugs" looking at Nodal, code Neo "Thomas Anderson" built into his game
Essentially replays opening scene with Trinity but it goes wrong, Agents capture Trinity until Bugs intervenes, who then gets caught by another agent, who is new Morpheus, made by Neo, part Smith, part old Morpheus
Bugs unplugs Agent Morpheus and gets them both out
Neo has sessions with Analyst, keeps seeing scenes from previous movies throughout his day
Analyst gives him Blue pills, while take flashes of Neo as old
Neo finally meets Trinity and shakes her hand, has weird connection when they touch
New Morpheus tries to get Neo out but cops show up and firefight starts, Smith picks up gun and kills Neo, who comes to at Analyst office.
Goes home is going to jump off roof but Bugs shows up and convinces him to take Red pill to save Trinity
Analyst sees Neo through mirror and tries to pull him back through
They walk through portal to train in Japan to try to avoid agents
All of sudden passengers get "Matrix code" eyes and crew yells "Swarm" as passengers go berserk and attack
Bugs and co get Neo out through tiny mirror as Sentient picks Neo up from remote place in machine city, with another pod for trinity
Scene where Neo has to fight to stay alive in real world to kick Blue Pill habit, Kung Fu Dojo fight with New Morpheus
Exposition, where crew explains about new state of world, some good machines, architect overthrow, etc., Analyst not yet revealed.
Neo taken to Io, where they meet Old Niobe, Jada Pinket Smith in a ton of make-up
More Exposition about overthrow, missing Oracle, Morpheus getting killed and Zion Wipeout
Neo imprisoned by Niobe to not risk peace, Bugs breaks him out to go get Trinity
They go and try to break Trinity out, Smith gets in the way, reveals he hates Analyst but has to answer to him, that he can't be free as long as Neo is risk
Smith brings in Merovingian and his exiles, stupid fight breaks out; Morpheus loses to Smith like in first Matrix, Neo beats Smith like in first Matrix
They find Trinity and try to break her out;
Analyst shows up and pulls "Bullet time" where he stops Neo and fires slowmo bullet at Trinity, threatens Neo that if he doesn't come back, Next time he'll kill Trinity.
Io Ship shows up and tells them to come back and face music for breaking Neo out.
Back at Io, Sentient, which turns out to be Sati (little girl program from Revolutions, now grown up) shows up and says there is a limited window to get Trinity due to Analyst's overconfidence
Complicated plan explained as it is executed much like in Revolutions; they get Trinity out of pod via shenanigans but in Matrix she starts to choose fake husband and kids over Neo
Suddenly she has a "My name is Neo" moment and her husband goes Swarm; she starts kicking ass
Analyst pulls Bullet time and get ready to execute her
Suddenly Smith walks in moving at normal speed; starts kicking the Analysts ass
Huge fight breaks out and Trinity and Neo try to reach each other.
They touch and huge explosion seems to win the day
Analyst finally reaches black cat he has been chasing which seems to give him power and he orders full lockdown
Smith shoots Analyst and then announces their little alliance is at an end and mentions he could be anyone or "everyone"
Super Swarm starts coming down the streets in every direction towards crew
They ask Neo if he can fly (running theme in movie) He tries and starts to but still can't.
Trinity and Neo ride off on motorcycle with Neo using One powers to get them out, Swarm closing in
They get to rooftop and it looks bleak, with cops/soldiers all around
They go to jump off roof like in previous moments where Neo flew but he can't fly and starts to fall but she can, and lifts them up to safety.
They awaken on the ship and stare at each other reunited.
Next Scene, Trinity and Neo show up at Analyst's office, blow it up, kick the shit out him, and then they all talk about is going to happen next (what, now are you going to change everything? Yes, we are going change everything. We also wanted to say thanks for a second chance.) It seems they are both flying and have the powers of the One.
End credits
[/Spoilers]
Sounds totally incoherent. A lot of going backwards and forwards and nonsensical shit. Does it even have a 3 act structure?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sounds totally incoherent. A lot of going backwards and forwards and nonsensical shit. Does it even have a 3 act structure?
Maybe it's better if you play it with a controller?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Almost instantly we get Hugo Weaving Agent replaced by Jogger then some Purple hair cunt as a setup for the movie. Then 2 minutes later we're completelty off the fucking rails making zero fucking sense, and it remains that way for the rest of the movie. This movie chopped it's cock off and put on a dress and asked you to fuck it, just say no.

Shit is so gay that even NPCs in the Matrix have to wear fucking masks. What a joke.

They turned Niobi into some sort of fucking Warwick Davis like Imp nappy headed hoe.

This movie sucks a bag of pickled pig dicks.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users