The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
First third I thought was pretty good, where it explored the idea of him losing his mind, second third was ok(ish) last was just garbage

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Some characters are considering roof jumping of their own free will but later others also jumping because the shrink made them do it.

The Wackowski eunuchs' doctors must be watching this one like
Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ugh I was trying to be optimistic, and this is so much worse than any review I read. Only scene I felt interesting was the sentient acting like a loyal dog 🐶 to neo.

I'm going to finish Arcane now to help me over this garbage

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Sounds totally incoherent. A lot of going backwards and forwards and nonsensical shit. Does it even have a 3 act structure?
It does, sorry if my summary doesn't portray that. After sleeping on, I wouldn't give it as a high a number but I apparently enjoyed it more than most people. It's an enjoyable watch for me, very much Rush Hour 3/Beverly Hills Cop 3; it's a lesser son of greater sires. It couldn't be anything but since it spends the whole movie flashing back to various parts of the original trilogy. "Member- this? Member-that? Knuckle up!" The movie as a whole feels lighter; there isn't the sense of dire threat you always felt in the first trilogy. This was more mystery than those were until the third act and was never as action oriented. There isn't a single memorable moment like the Dojo fight/the Subway fight, the Staircase fight, the Battle at Zion, the Ghost Twins, etc. as there was in spades in the first movie and scattered throughout the other two.

I think the craft of it is good, the cinematography is good, the narrative/story way they get to the places in the story is pretty inventive and good, all of the cast play their roles well, Carrie Ann Moss being for me kind of the weakest link but I think that's the story more than her ability., NPH is really good. Keanu is mostly good except where it comes to anything involving "Trinity". Lots of little story things are interesting and have cool narrative possibilities. There are a bunch of small moments that work for me (edit: as mentioned, like the dog-like Sentient it was a quick moment but that was awesome) , I mean, little things that many people, probably most people wouldn't care about but for me add depth and character to the world, that I found neat and awesome.

The ending roof scene almost sinks the whole thing for me; I interpret it one way but there are interpretations that would TLJ this into the trash heap of cinematic history.

The world would still turn if they never made it, and I personally don't know why people seemingly hate it so much but that's everyone's personal discretion. I have called out the woke moments; its got the same SJW wokeness that First trilogy had in places, the action isn't as good as it was as the world has moved on and everyone is 20 years older.

It's worth a watch but isn't going to change anyone's life. I don't know that I would spend money and time in a theater unless Spiderman was sold out but def give it an HBO Max watch once, for the member-berries. Knuckle up!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also, Keanu spoke like he was retarded the entire film. It wasn't even like the "whoa" from the first movie, it was super slowed down like he was deliberately playing an autist.

Also, the whole cyberpunk/goth look was cool/edgy in 1999 but now they just look like retards.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Did you miss the fact that Agent Smith was replaced by a white guy literally referred to as "Chad" ?!

American Inventor I know you are a pure fucking retard you prove it everytime you fucking post, but in the intro scene you halfwit dogfucker Nu-Morpheous before we know it was literally Agents Smiths role in the goddamn movie. Maybe lay off the fucking dogjizz and sniffing Coke off dudes cocks faggot and you will retain some basic cognitive function.

• 4Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
American Inventor I know you are a pure fucking retard you prove it everytime you fucking post, but in the intro scene you halfwit dogfucker Nu-Morpheous before we know it was literally Agents Smiths role in the goddamn movie. Maybe lay off the fucking dogjizz and sniffing Coke off dudes cocks faggot and you will retain some basic cognitive function.

Ahhh, the intro scene and how long did this "introduction" scene last until the actual Smith appeared?

• 1Garbage

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ahhh, the intro scene and how long did this "introduction" scene last until the actual Smith appeared?
Go back reread and get back to me when you have a basic understanding of the English language.

I'll give you a hint, I was describing the opening. Maybe that will help you piece it together. Although I doubt it so far you are dumber than this movie and that is a feat in and of itself.

• 1Garbage

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Go back reread and get back to me when you have a basic understanding of the English language.

I'll give you a hint, I was describing the opening. Maybe that will help you piece it together. Although I doubt it so far you are dumber than this movie and that is a feat in and of itself.

You said he was instantly replaced, but then that character became the new Morpheus and Smith was portrayed by an actual "Chad"

Ergo you are correct but exaggerating and stupid and dumb and high body fat

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
peace and harmony in the Spidey 3 thread. at least we got one non coal gift this season

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also, Keanu spoke like he was retarded the entire film. It wasn't even like the "whoa" from the first movie, it was super slowed down like he was deliberately playing an autist.
He did that in Bill and Ted 3 too.

He might just be getting old lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Subbed a month of HBO Max for $15 and just finished watching it.

I definitely wouldn't call it a good movie or even particularly enjoyable, but I did appreciate the meta commentary on the state of our world at the end of 2021.

Basically, everything fucking sucks and people have happily let themselves be turned into mindless sheep. I think that's ultimately the message of this movie.

To me, the original Matrix was all about the idea of using the power of the Internet to free our minds. It was a message of hope and optimism for the future. Unfortunately that hope was cynically turned into a self-reinforcing cycle of despair that has trapped us into a far worse reality than even the one we wanted to free ourselves from in 1999.

It's a story about how the Internet was corrupted, turned to shit, and has effectively transformed most of society into hopeless losers with no purpose in life.

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Pathetic

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Subbed a month of HBO Max for $15 and just finished watching it.

I definitely wouldn't call it a good movie or even particularly enjoyable, but I did appreciate the meta commentary on the state of our world at the end of 2021.

Basically, everything fucking sucks and people have happily let themselves be turned into mindless sheep. I think that's ultimately the message of this movie.

To me, the original Matrix was all about the idea of using the power of the Internet to free our minds. It was a message of hope and optimism for the future. Unfortunately that hope was cynically turned into a self-reinforcing cycle of despair that has trapped us into a far worse reality than even the one we wanted to free ourselves from in 1999.

It's a story about how the Internet was corrupted, turned to shit, and has effectively transformed most of society into hopeless losers with no purpose in life.

1640222711177.png

• 15Worf
  • 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 22 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The question is, between this and the Wheel of Time finale, which will be the worst thing I watch this week?

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m about 25 minutes in and this is such hot garbage. I love it.

I hope Warner Bros. makes 2 more that are progressively worse.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just saw it. Absolute garbage

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Trinity is ALSO THE ONE and can fly. THE FUTURE IS FEMALE, YA!!

• 1Picard
  • 1Like