The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Thora Birch.

I had just assumed both her and Suvari were 18+ but google says otherwise. What kind of parents let their 16 year old daughter go topless in a major hollywood movie?

...are you not familiar with Hollywood by now?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Hollywood is dead. It's only radical activists and accountants now living in the Wizard's corpse. They tried to trade you in for China but the Chinese (CCP) has standards.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^
So true, I think we saw the last golden age of Hollywood, that period in the late 90s through to the first half of the 00s.

Since then there's been a slow death in quality, between the growth in remakes / reboots and the heavy reliance on CGI which has gotten worse in quality.

There have been occasional gems in that period, but now, in the last few years with the increasing woke movement things are plummeting.

Vale Hollywood.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Telling me that the movie is weird, meta, ambitious and that the people that like it will really like it does not give me a ton of hope. I parse that as "hot mess with a bright spot or two."
The people that liked TLJ *really* liked TLJ.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
except the Russo Brothers MCU films.
1565.gif

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There's been plenty of good movies since then and there's always been lots and lots of shit movies. One noticeable thing that sucks is that there really aren't many original mid budget movies anymore. Most movies are either giant blockbuster movies or small ones without much in between.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's been plenty of good movies since then and there's always been lots and lots of shit movies. One noticeable thing that sucks is that there really aren't many original mid budget movies anymore. Most movies are either giant blockbuster movies or small ones without much in between.
i really enjoyed the Harry Potter movie, Prisoner of Azkaban and i really enjoyed Rambo 4. there were other good films in that time . things like Tropic Thunder, or Step Brothers and Talladega Nights. the pixar films. i think around 2011 is when things really started spiraling down. we started getting "safe" movies. things that felt more committee based and not the vision of a single director pushing the envelope.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
JJ said he lost unprecedented control while working with Disney. He's had a long career so has a lot of perspective from the 90s onward.

Movie by committee.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Sicario was 2015, Fury Road was 2015, Bladerunner 2049 was 2017. I don't think any of those are particularly safe movies.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
There's been plenty of good movies since then and there's always been lots and lots of shit movies.
Woke retardation has infested absolutely everything. Anything put out by a major studio is filled with race, gender swaps and a complete over abundance of gay/diversity characters. Then you have IPs being insanely fucked, such as Tom Clancy's Without Remorse(l o l black female navy seal). Endless amounts of absolutely retarded social commentary in mainstream productions. Its all shit. Want to just enjoy a movie and escape for a while? Nope sit down and let the globohomos ram their retardation down your throat.

You occasionally get smaller gems like Ex Machina or Drive but those are incredibly few and far between.
earlier this year i rewatched all the MCU films and the Russo Brothers films were the only ones i got excited for . there are other good ones, but those 4 are above and beyond anything else.
MCU movies are very well put together, one thing Disney got right was making sure people who know how to make movies made them. But well put together =/= good. For the most part they work as mindless popcorn flicks, as actual good interesting movies? Theyre horrible repetitive cookie cutter movies, especially once you get to Infinity War and End Game where Thanos turns into the dumbest villain ever.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, you're lost. There's so much good content out now you can't even feasibly watch it all.

I'm with you on the Marvel movies though, I think most of them are bad, or at least not great. But they serve a different purpose. I didn't read X-Men comics as a kid because I thought Chris Claremont was Ernest Hemingway.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Dude, you're lost. There's so much good content out now you can't even feasibly watch it all.

They are talking specifically about Hollywood movies; not content in general. They are also right.

All the good stuff is either indie or television. Hollywood productions are fucking terrible with very few exceptions.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They are talking specifically about Hollywood movies; not content in general. They are also right.

All the good stuff is either indie or television. Hollywood productions are fucking terrible with very few exceptions.
Mostly yeah, but they mostly always were. Most movies have always been garbage, the idea that the MCU worked at all is a god damn miracle.The sheer volume of shit being put out these days makes it difficult to be too overly critical. And gives voices to shit that just couldn't get support before, which benefits nerds like us. I remember trying to source indie horror movies in the 90s, no rose tint on these glasses.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
So Sicario, Fury Road, Bladerunner 2049, The Departed, Inception, The Social Network, Wolf of Wall Street, Edge of Tomorrow, There Will be Blood, History of Violence, and Munich all came out after RotK so are either woke trash or indi. This list doesn't include any comedies or superhero movies and was just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some I missed.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So Sicario, Fury Road, Bladerunner 2049, The Departed, Inception, The Social Network, Wolf of Wall Street, Edge of Tomorrow, There Will be Blood, History of Violence, and Munich all came out after RotK so are either woke trash or indi. This list doesn't include any comedies or superhero movies and was just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some I missed.
i cant speak for Bladerunner 2049, i still havent seen the original Bladerunner movie. (no idea why.) but isnt Sicario more of a mexican production and Fury Road more of an australian production with american distribution and actors?

• 2Picard

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Think of all the time you've wasted on shitty movies and you still haven't see Bladerunner.

The money behind both Sicario and Fury Road was American. And both are great movies, one made by the creator of Bladerunner 2049 which is amazing and I can't beleive you haven't seen yet. It's easy to say there's no good movies out if you aren't watching the best movies that come out.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
  • Each film or series with a creative team of three or more people in above-the-line roles (Directors, Writers, Producers) should ideally include a minimum 30% women and 30% members of an underrepresented racial/ethnic group. This will increase to 50% by 2024.
  • Casting actors whose identity (gender, gender identity, nationality, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability) aligns with the character they will be playing.
  • Aiming to include one character from each of the following categories in speaking roles, with minimum 50% of these to be women: LGBTQIA+, person with a disability, and three regionally underrepresented race/ethnic/cultural groups. A single character can fulfill one or more of these identities.
  • Seeking at least three bids from vendors or suppliers on productions, one of which must be from a woman-owned business and one from a minority-owned business.
  • Pay equity across casting, behind the camera staff and crew, and for vendors and suppliers.
This is what everyone is doing. Every studio already has or is implementing the very same benchmarks.
Bladerunner 2049
And what do we have to look forward to in Dune? Race and gendered swapping.

• 1Like