The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The Matrix was really one of those "lightning in a bottle" scenarios. Seemed to happen a lot in '99, honestly.

2 and 3 just cheapened the experience and started to show that the Transchowskis had no fuckin' idea what made the first movie such a massive pop-culture success.
Remember all the news clips of people killing themselves because then they would "wake up" in The Matrix world? Same shit happened when Avatar came out.

People are stupid.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Remember all the news clips of people killing themselves because then they would "wake up" in The Matrix world? Same shit happened when Avatar came out.

People are stupid.
I knew about people being depressed because Avatar wasn't real but killing themselves? Lol that is a whole new level.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never heard of either happening and i have followed news and entertainment news pretty closely over the last 20+ years. this sounds like one of those urban legend kids used to make up about white vans filled with people dressed in halloween costumes kidnapping kids around the neighborhood.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

This is about Avatar, but I remember similar things about The Matrix.

LOL. Did you actually read the article, or just the clickbait title??

“What we’re witnessing in a lot of cases is kids whose parents make the equivalent of a hockey bag full of hundred dollar bills every paycheck, and these little assholes have never had a real problem in their entire goddamned lives,” mused Dr. Pork Hertylman, D.D.S., Baseball For Dinner’s resident Dental Surgeon. “I’m 58 years old. I did two tours in Viet Nam. Took seven bullets over two years, blew my left ear drum out, I got tinnitus like the dickens even now. My father died when I was two in a farming accident, my mother’s life was taken by gypsies when I was twelve years old. I raised my seven younger siblings myself, worked three jobs through middle and high school, and paid my way through dental school selling Amway. I’m not saying I’ve had it tough exactly, but kids these days drop their e-mail phone in the toilet and try to overdose on Coricidin to ease the pain. I don’t know what you’re asking me about, specifically. What’s an Avatore?”

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pogi.G

this movie that i though 100% was just a hidden john wick 3 trailer
My wife didn’t care much at all for destination wedding, but I nearly laughed through the entire thing. I thought it was hysterical.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
you take the red pill and the wachowski's yell at you on twitter

E9YdacAVUAgC-fG
5 bucks says thats the reason they rebooted the franchise. They have to control the language and re-define the term.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Matrix borrowed heavily from a comic series The Invisibles with rumors that issues of the comic were even on set.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
LOL. Did you actually read the article, or just the clickbait title??

“What we’re witnessing in a lot of cases is kids whose parents make the equivalent of a hockey bag full of hundred dollar bills every paycheck, and these little assholes have never had a real problem in their entire goddamned lives,” mused Dr. Pork Hertylman, D.D.S., Baseball For Dinner’s resident Dental Surgeon. “I’m 58 years old. I did two tours in Viet Nam. Took seven bullets over two years, blew my left ear drum out, I got tinnitus like the dickens even now. My father died when I was two in a farming accident, my mother’s life was taken by gypsies when I was twelve years old. I raised my seven younger siblings myself, worked three jobs through middle and high school, and paid my way through dental school selling Amway. I’m not saying I’ve had it tough exactly, but kids these days drop their e-mail phone in the toilet and try to overdose on Coricidin to ease the pain. I don’t know what you’re asking me about, specifically. What’s an Avatore?”
Clickbait! Sorry, I was at work when I did that reply. Serves me right for literally shit-posting.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The Matrix borrowed heavily from a comic series The Invisibles with rumors that issues of the comic were even on set.

Ok, I heard this and then started reading The Invisibles comics and just finished them (like just now). While there are some similarities there is no way the Invisibles creator could claim anything but a few visual and thematic elements as truly stolen. Even then, the only theme they really share is that this world is an illusion; after that they part ways entirely. I know what the Wachowski's loved it so much, though, because it is a bloviating and masturbatory piece of work that sniffs its own farts by pretending to be super high-minded. I hated it and the highest praise I can give the Wachowski's is that they took the piece of the story that was most intriguing and made it into a much better one in the Matrix. It is a shame that they descended into the same self-aggrandizing style that The Invisibles did in Reloaded and Revolution because with a few changes it could have been on the same level as the original Star Wars trilogy instead of one great movie and two relative duds.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ok, I heard this and then started reading The Invisibles comics and just finished them (like just now). While there are some similarities there is no way the Invisibles creator could claim anything but a few visual and thematic elements as truly stolen.

In Morrison's defense I think that is all he had a bugaboo about.

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .

New trailer in bound, in a couple days maybe?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I thought the Matrix borrowed more from the Neuromancer, but I guess NM was so early that any hacking / cool people movie would be borrowing from it.

j00t

apparently, switch, the chick who was all in white in the first movie, was supposed to be a male in real life, and a girl in the matrix. which was what that line about the matrix being a digital representation of your mental self was about.

i don't know when that changed, or who made the call, but it's pretty clear that the wachowski's had to answer to at least enough people that they were told how poor an idea that was.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That was just them rewriting history to pander to dickchoppers.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
official trailer will drop thursday. Movie will be releasing in theaters but also on HBO Max same day so its gonna be zero cost to watch this comedy

• 1Garbage

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ah yes, reusing bits from the first one. Totally the sign of a good movie.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

apparently, switch, the chick who was all in white in the first movie, was supposed to be a male in real life, and a girl in the matrix. which was what that line about the matrix being a digital representation of your mental self was about.

If EQ1/WoW were around when Matrix was being filmed, this would have been pretty meta lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny because in 1999 that idea for Switch might have actually been interesting. In 2021 I instantly reject it as dickchopper propaganda.

• 8Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users