(and I'm being really serious)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is this a spoof movie?
(and I'm being really serious)

It really does look like it. I'm not understanding how anyone here is saying this doesn't look bad. Someone else said this looks like the made-for-TV version, and it does.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I rewatched and yeah it's an awesome song and the action looks cool... but I already know what the movie is, I've seen it already.

The machine brain plugged them back in and they do the first movie thing and recast Morpheus wakes them up. There may or may not be sone sort of greater threat which is going to be a rogue AI. It's going to be left open ended for a sequel which is going to suck again.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
keanu not shaving for this but shaving for bill and ted is... interesting to say the least. i mean, don't get me wrong i actually like the beard... just interesting.

also yes i believe morpheus died in the MMO. i never played it but i heard it had some pretty interesting story ideas... but either way i'm pretty sure that fishburne went on record saying that he was never slated to be in this. the black dude looking like new skinny morpheus brings off a TOTALLY different vibe in the other trailer, so i'm wondering if they are trying to recreate something familiar to thomas anderson to get neo back, but otherwise isn't like morpheus at all

Chris

Potato del Grande
keanu not shaving for this but shaving for bill and ted is... interesting to say the least. i mean, don't get me wrong i actually like the beard... just interesting.

also yes i believe morpheus died in the MMO. i never played it but i heard it had some pretty interesting story ideas... but either way i'm pretty sure that fishburne went on record saying that he was never slated to be in this. the black dude looking like new skinny morpheus brings off a TOTALLY different vibe in the other trailer, so i'm wondering if they are trying to recreate something familiar to thomas anderson to get neo back, but otherwise isn't like morpheus at all
Yeah that's the only way to not make it stupid, but it's still remaking the first movie even if the plot is conscious of that.

Wait...

Is this movie Metal Gear Solid 2?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't tell if that trailer is done amazingly well and it's playing on people thinking they know what is real, or if its really just the original trilogy redone.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I was predisposed to hate this but cant really find anything to hate in the trailer. That looked surprisingly good.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm open minded about it. Maybe there was a reset in the Matrix but Neo is still connected and remembers everything from the past since he wasn't destroyed.

Didn't they say previous versions of Neo were destroyed and wiped with past Matrix iterations?
If memory serves me right. The previous neos decides to merge with the matrix in order to correct the error that accumulates with time.

spronk

FPS noob
image0.jpg

• 5Barf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, The Matrix 1 rehashed? With no Weaving , no Fishburn, and bonus dickchopping and gender studies. Greaaaat... not.
Should've never been made, but probably worth a visit to the TPB (because the original is in my top5) so i can fast-forward it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This smells like a Terminator: Genisys deal, where the trailers make it look like its a defacto remake, but that is really just the first act of the movie.

I referenced Terminator: Genisys for a reason.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Great Review

Caliane

yeah. both better and worse then expected.

Whole trailer seems to be memberberries. Even the action scenes just an updated FX retooling of the original fx.
Absolutely nothing about this stands out as "must see this". no shocking stand out.

to be fair. memberberries, which ended up pretty great:

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If memory serves me right. The previous neos decides to merge with the matrix in order to correct the error that accumulates with time.

The One's purpose is to connect to "the source" so that "the code he carries" can be reinserted. After which he has to choose the few individuals who will rebuild Zion. We can assume that the One would have to lead these people to Zion. Plus, Morpheus in the first movie knows the story of the previous One, so the initial Zionites of that iteration must have had some contact with him.

One of the issues I have is that Neo's decision to save Trinity is really fucking stupid. The movie uses a workaround, but without that, his choice would have resulted in the end of humanity. Failure to reinsert the code into the Matrix leads to a system crash killing everyone connected to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user