The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty based and redpilled. I'm not sure the dick chopper would agree.
It's actually very explicitly stated in the first movie, when they're in the simulation aboard the Nebuchadnezzar, right around the same scene as the woman in the red dress:
Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
Maybe you should pay attention when you watch movies.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Wachowskis ar kind of like M. Night Shamalong in that they happened to make one good movie and then everything they made after was just pure garbage. The original Matrix was so goddamn good that it carried their entire fucking careers just like M. Night Dingalong made one decent film and then shit out garbage for the rest of his career. The only other movie these dick choppers were involved in that you can claim wasn't pure dogshit was V for Vendetta.

Anyways one thing I always found amusing/interesting about the Matrix movie and even more so in the recent one since they had no problem just ass blasting people through windows turning them into bombs. Was you know these people are trying to free people from the Matrix and they are the "good guys" but they have no problem just killing every random person they come across.

It's one thing to kill Agents but just think about how many times they kill random police officers and if you die in the Matrix you die in real life. So Steve the security guard at building X is just doing his daily routine he's two days away from retirement and too old for this shit. Just gets murdered in cold blood by the fucking one, I guess fuck Steve there is no freeing him from the system.

b3aab241-f3a8-4bd2-b5dc-e674373ec351_text.gif

It's a major element in an early script for the second film. You know the fight towards the beginning of Reloaded where Neo fights an army of Smiths? Initially Neo was just killing hundreds and hundreds of people versus the zero in the movie. Upon realizing just how many people he was killing he takes off and tries to reconcile what the fuck he just did and what he's going to be called on to do. The story is fairly different but I always thought that was a better way of taking Neo off the board than the fucking magic door to Mount Everest. It does a good job of making Neo's powers as The One not as awesome for the audience. We aren't going to just cheer for him killing a city's worth of people. The casualties that just got mostly hand waved away in the first film now come home to roost. There are real consequences to what we're doing. It's not all just "cool."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I mean his side just sacrificed thousands of them by turning them into kamikazes jumping out of buildings at the same time as traumatizing the loved ones who watched them do it. Dixkchoppers bad guys did way more war sacrifices than the good guys.

I am pretty sure everyone who was "activated" in the movie was a bot. Their loved ones were real people, who would probably just have more nightmares about it, giving the Analyst more fuel.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am pretty sure everyone who was "activated" in the movie was a bot. Their loved ones were real people, who would probably just have more nightmares about it, giving the Analyst more fuel.

Maybe I missed that in the new movie since it was boring as hell, but I thought the bots were just people who they could just activate instead of needing an agent to take them over. Or were they meant to be programs all along? If they are programs doesn't that also go against the entire premise that programs are like people and don't wish to fucking die as we see with pretty much every program before, even to the point in this movie they went to war with themselves.

• 1Garbage

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I missed that in the new movie since it was boring as hell, but I thought the bots were just people who they could just activate instead of needing an agent to take them over. Or were they meant to be programs all along? If they are programs doesn't that also go against the entire premise that programs are like people and don't wish to fucking die as we see with pretty much every program before, even to the point in this movie they went to war with themselves.
you raise a good point that I am not sure I can answer cause I may not have paid full attention 100% of the time, but I took it to mean that they were just plant programs The Analyst could take over, even if it was against their will. We know there are sentient programs living among them, since they had freed some of them (including Nu-Morpheus), so I would think the Matrix could overwrite and fuck them faster than they could activate a matrix and overwrite a whole ass human, since the programs are already part of the system, not merely plugged in.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
you raise a good point that I am not sure I can answer cause I may not have paid full attention 100% of the time, but I took it to mean that they were just plant programs The Analyst could take over, even if it was against their will. We know there are sentient programs living among them, since they had freed some of them (including Nu-Morpheus), so I would think the Matrix could overwrite and fuck them faster than they could activate a matrix and overwrite a whole ass human, since the programs are already part of the system, not merely plugged in.

Did we just write a script better than this movie?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
*smokes joint and smiles in trans*

try again losers *flicks pages of script on floor*

• 1Great Review

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit, what did i just watch... over 4 days. lol

I kept going back to watch just to finish that pile of shit, fking shame on me.

Let this be a warning to you all. God damn tranny's making bad movies.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit, what did i just watch... over 4 days. lol

I kept going back to watch just to finish that pile of shit, fking shame on me.

Let this be a warning to you all. God damn tranny's making bad movies.
Yea, I avoided reviews because I had hope for this to be good... it wasn't. Sadly I went to a theater to watch this.
If anyone just wants to know what happened in a quick vid, this works. Save your time and money!
Is says ending explained but it just gives a quick spoiler full movie summary

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yea, I avoided reviews because I had hope for this to be good... it wasn't. Sadly I went to a theater to watch this.
If anyone just wants to know what happened in a quick vid, this works. Save your time and money!
Is says ending explained but it just gives a quick spoiler full movie summary

Considering a chief complaint is the cheapness of the production, did the big screen expose that even more?

Some here saw it at home and had trouble selling it as a big studio (Warner Bros) movie to their peers. Many onlookers believed this to be a television series for Netflix or an Amazon series. What happened when you saw it on the big screen? Did it favor it more, or did it expose the production quality further?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
this movie gave me ball cancer. 1/10 dumpster fires , would not bang knees too sharp.

Wtf did I just watch?!

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Agent Smith's dialogue about how WB was gonna make a sequel with or without them because they owned the rights--were they basically just explaining to the audience that they had to make the movie even though they didn't really want to so here ya go? Would explain why the movie was overall dogshit.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agent Smith's dialogue about how WB was gonna make a sequel with or without them because they owned the rights--were they basically just explaining to the audience that they had to make the movie even though they didn't really want to so here ya go? Would explain why the movie was overall dogshit.
Yeah, the fourth wall stuff in this movie was jarring too. It wasn’t funny or done well and was just blunt. Whole thing was just weird.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users