The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I have seen another minute of this and it looks like someone threw The Matrix, Ghostbusters 2016, and Ghost Rider 2 in a blender and then sifted out any kind of quality that may have remained. No idea what anyone behind this movie were thinking between the cameras/lenses they used and their colour scheme. Terrible looking movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Aesthetically it's trash and the Wachowski's were known for aesthetic. Cloud Atlas hit, Speed Racer, so did a few other of their movies. You can pick anything in the catalogue really.

That story about Lana smoking a joint laughing and flinging the screenplay on the floor is probably not that far off. I don't see how one of the main directors of these movies can not reproduce the aesthetic value of all of their other films.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Fuck, I've been out of town with Family for a week.

I get back to catch up on what's what. To find that it's confirmed, this is an enormous pile of shit.

I had had a few grams of hope that this might have had a chance. But no.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
- Wrong thread. This movie sucks and I feel bad for bumping it.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Szlia

This was not good. I am on board with the whole beginning. It's heavy handed and clumsy at times with the meta commentary, but there is still something pleasant in this fictional ouroboros, inventing a "reality" that could inspire a fiction made of the events of the first three films. Having the memories of the characters be an important part of the plot is also an idea that works well when most of the spectators are ready for shots of nostalgia.

The belly of the film though is what feels like a whole hour of soporific exposition. It fleshens (even if it's with a lot of new categories of non-flesh entities) and complexifies the universe in an interesting way only to do just about nothing with it all. And then you have the overlong grand action finale which is well below the standards set in the previous three films and, frankly, below the current standards of the industry as a whole. It also does not help that the best action scenes in the movie are probably at the very beginning with Bugs, especially the Inception-inspired chase. These are not amazing, mind you, but within the confines of the film, these are probably the best. The worst is the fight scene in the train. Maybe it works on a small screen, but in a movie theatre this stuff is unwatchable (and I am a fan of nervous camera movements and editing in action scenes - when it is done well).

A failure, but at least a somewhat interesting one.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I keep seeing commercials for this and it sucks. I watch scenes from the original and it's amazing

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
All this movie does is make me want to watch the original Matrix instead.

• 5Like
  • 1Spotlight
Reactions: 5 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The entire 'Neo made a video game' meta crap fell so flat and was a painfully bad attempt at being clever. Why did they shoehorn so many comedic elements into the core plot? (which were not even funny) It makes little sense for the machines to allow Neo to inform the 'sheeple' what reality is by making his video game and they could easily prevent it; if for no other reason that it would drastically reduce the amount of explaining required to 'free minds'. Particularly when this film tells the audience that the pills are 'an illusion' and that the important thing is merely understanding what true reality actually is.

Furthermore it makes no sense for them to have had trouble locating Neo and telling him he didn't want to be found when Neo made this video game. Did it not occur to them to check out the dude who made it? Even if he wasn't Neo, they should have contacted him or checked him out for no other reason than he clearly knows something about the real world without being unplugged, which is obviously extremely suspicious. The 'this is how the world sees you' stuff also doesn't work well because somebody at some point would have mentioned to him his gray thinning hair, making Neo question WTF they were talking about. (is that nitpicking? fuck it)

Machines are also comedians now. Villains cracking bad jokes makes them look like clowns and much less threatening which makes any victories earned by the protagonists far less satisfying to watch. AIs being pure soulless stoic unreasonable hyper efficient and intelligent psychopaths is what made them so intimidating. They crack more jokes in this than a Marvel villain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Hollywood's never been able to get AI right, so I'm not surprised they felt the need to Marvelfy the machines. You never got the impression of anything but simulated humanity from Architect and Smith but NPH just seemed like a fucking...dude. So did nano-Smith-Morpheus. All the things that made the machines legitimately frightening in the first movies, replaced by puppy dog Sentinels and characters like the Analyst, who might as well been straight out of the SNL skit.

Movie was bad. Sat through the whole RLM and I can't say I agree with the guys that this was a smart, dumb movie. It was all just so lazy and fucking cynical.

• 1Like

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
I'm convinced you guys literally don't know shit about these movies. It wouldn't be so bad if you just went on with your lives like normal fucking people do when something isn't for them, yet you feel entitled enough to shit on them when you're too daft to see what's right in front of you. Acting like machines/programs with a personality is something new? Joggerwhat? One of the most charismatic characters in the series is....a program! And she clowns on Neo constantly. Fucking amateur hour on this site.

• 5Like
  • 2Edgelord
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Hey man, you want to go to bat for this piece of shit, knock yourself out. I'm sure Lana appreciates you slurping down this blender-smooth boring-ass rehash with a thin dash of shittily done meta commentary on top. It's got less to do with us not being lorefags and more to do with it just being a bad movie period. I think you should get pissy about it more, definitely.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm convinced you guys literally don't know shit about these movies. It wouldn't be so bad if you just went on with your lives like normal fucking people do when something isn't for them, yet you feel entitled enough to shit on them when you're too daft to see what's right in front of you. Acting like machines/programs with a personality is something new? Joggerwhat? One of the most charismatic characters in the series is....a program! And she clowns on Neo constantly. Fucking amateur hour on this site.

Used to think you were just a dumb faggot.

Now it's obvious you're a dumb faggot who's also just another troll.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Fucking amateur hour on this site.
Know what's great? Provided you don't have a meltdown and break all sorts of really simple, basic rules here, this forum will cater to your every whim and thought... no matter how wrong and unpopular they may be.

Do you think the opposite would be true? A left-wing forum that could host a right-winger coming in strong..... raging against the machine and all that sturm und drang you're bringing here? To value free speech as we do?

No... the lefty mods would ban and censor non echo-chamber thought quicker than an estrogen tablet dissolving on the tongue.

Shows who the tolerant ones are, after all, don't ya think?

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Attachments

• ajgNWe0_460swp~2.jpg
    ajgNWe0_460swp~2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like