The Meg (2018)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

I bet the Oscars snub this 2018 GOAT tier movie

It has Jason Statham, hot chinese actress, a kid, a black guy, a german scientist, and a giant shark. What else could you possibly need in a movie?

s5CzXoe.jpg
Black guy is not Samuel L., but is LL Cool J. I'm torn

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It looks like a better version of a movie that 'The Asylum' would make.

But, I'm a sucker for dumb over-blown movies. Count me in!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really don't get if this is supposed to be a full on black comedy ala Freddy vs Jason or a serious movie broken up with humor.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm getting a little "far too many close calls" vibe from that trailer, where Statham defies all realistic expectations and comes out unscathed in multiple instances.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
it's a bad sign when they use the cheap version of the trailer voice guy. "The meg.... only in cinemas" -- one step above straight to video. which is too bad cause the first trailer looked great. final trailer looked like it was some sharknado levels of CGI at some points.

Malakriss

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
PG-13 is so stupid, parents don't care anymore and let their kids watch R films anyways.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Story was pretty ridiculous (although at least they tried for "discovering" the Meg and such with a barely plausible idea), but it's still Jason S v. a 90 foot shark so it had its moments. Not the worst way I'll have someone spend $10 on me this year.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Made a surprising shitload of money. $44 million in the US, closer to 150 worldwide. There will be a sequel, I'm guessing.

Malakriss

Made a surprising shitload of money. $44 million in the US, closer to 150 worldwide. There will be a sequel, I'm guessing.
There's 7-8 books in the series so they went into this knowing they could whore it out repeatedly for $$$

Hell, the Sharknados were the focus testing.