The Meg (2018)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
so it's literally identical to the first meg? First half somewhat serious if not comical premise, 2nd half absolute absurdity?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
so it's literally identical to the first meg? First half somewhat serious if not comical premise, 2nd half absolute absurdity?
In layout of the movie yes, but not in scope. Meg 2 definitely cranked it up a notch. Actually probably like 2 to 3 notches.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't even know this was a thing, now excited to watch. That trailer is silly though, "One thing ruled the world".... yeah, until it tries to get on land, and suffocates. Is it really ruling the planet when you are stuck underwater

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Didn't even know this was a thing, now excited to watch. That trailer is silly though, "One thing ruled the world".... yeah, until it tries to get on land, and suffocates. Is it really ruling the planet when you are stuck underwater

Well, 70% of the surface is covered in water, so it's not a bad claim. Far better than most species

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone else wondering when they will watch this you can celebrate 9/11 with sharks

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the first half of this movie had some real unfortunate timing with oceangate making everyone armchair experts on depth pressure

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the first half of this movie had some real unfortunate timing with oceangate making everyone armchair experts on depth pressure
I was trying to understand how something could both be on land and be 25k feet under the water, but I guess I just don't science as well as the movie writers.

This was far more an action movie than the first movie. Black comedy dude turns out to be John Wick, which was a bit weird. It was the Chinese character who was first and foremost always thinking about saving the environment, which almost caused a few LOL's. The megs seemed smaller and just overall less dangerous this movie.

We went because my son really wanted to see it, but honestly you miss nothing by waiting for it to hit Netflix/Amazon Prime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I was trying to understand how something could both be on land and be 25k feet under the water, but I guess I just don't science as well as the movie writers.

Elephant Seals rule the Earth then.

More than their appearance is remarkable about elephant seals. They can dive as deep as a mile, where the pressure is crushing, and stay underwater for as long as two hours.

• 1Picard

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Wat? A mile is 5280 feet which is roughly 161 atmospheres of pressure. For reference, 25,000 feet is 759 atmospheres of pressure.

You nerds.... here I am exhausting myself giving you the largest creature that dives down into total darkness of the abyss yet also terrorizes the land and you get technical.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You nerds.... here I am exhausting myself giving you the largest creature that dives down into total darkness of the abyss yet also terrorizes the land and you get technical.

"Largest creature that dives deepest" has to be something. Not sure how that refutes anything, though

spronk

FPS noob
saw this last night, enjoyed it. Yeah its dumb as fuck but moves fast and doesn't worry about details. Interesting that about 25% of the movie is in chinese or that Jason Statham seems almost a side character in it

Favorite part is the first 5 minutes, they do a 65m year ago flashback to establish that yes, sharks are indeed bad ass motherfuckers

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I enjoyed this for what it was. The first half is alright, but halfway through it was all like:
Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users