The Moral Superiority Thread: How much better are Vegans?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I enjoy animal flesh too much to ever be a vegan or vegetarian, but I can see the health benefits of a plant BASED diet. I think the american diet has it in the wrong proportion. Switching meat and vegetables roles would probably make a lot of people somewhat healthier.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Right. Plant heavy, smaller portions of meat.

Abandoning meat entirely is unnecessary.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Technically no vegan is true vegan unless they can find vegan stuff that has been raised w/o manure.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoy animal flesh too much to ever be a vegan or vegetarian, but I can see the health benefits of a plant BASED diet. I think the american diet has it in the wrong proportion. Switching meat and vegetables roles would probably make a lot of people somewhat healthier.

nevergone nevergone this is what a logical argument re the enviromental impact of meat looks like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Just had a burger for lunch. This thread and that derail in the Political Thread have convinced me to have another tomorrow because fuck cows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Concur.

Just fucking with you, nevergone. I was a vegetarian years ago. I still eat Morningstar veggie burgers cos I grew used to them and love their taste. Don't you ever yearn for a real pizza at least? I can't picture life without lasagna or baked ziti, or a plump, juicy steak... brb.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
another baseless claim combined with a dodge - jesus

You use the words "baseless claim" often.
I'm not making a baseless claim, I simply do not believe there's a humane way to raise an animal and slaughter them.

It's a belief, not a "claim".

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You use the words "baseless claim" often.
I'm not making a baseless claim, I simply do not believe there's a humane way to raise an animal and slaughter them.

It's a belief, not a "claim".

With you (and wooly), yes I use it a lot, but fine. I simply do not believe there's a humane way to raise any food, considering the slaughter of peaceful field animals in the process. I understand you are a vegan because it makes you feel better, and I can understand it based on environmental concerns. Morality and health aren't valid arguments for veganism though.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
With you (and wooly), yes I use it a lot, but fine. I simply do not believe there's a humane way to raise any food, considering the slaughter of peaceful field animals in the process. I understand you are a vegan because it makes you feel better, and I can understand it based on environmental concerns. Morality and health are valid arguments for veganism though.
Typo in the last sentence I assume?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
With you (and wooly), yes I use it a lot, but fine. I simply do not believe there's a humane way to raise any food, considering the slaughter of peaceful field animals in the process. I understand you are a vegan because it makes you feel better, and I can understand it based on environmental concerns. Morality and health are valid arguments for veganism though.

I knew you would cite the death of field animals as a point against veganism, which is why I "dodged" the stupid statement in the first place.

If you fail to see no difference between factory farming and animal slaughter versus field animal deaths, I don't know what to tell you.

The goal, for me, is to reduce the environmental impact, have as sound of ethics as possible, while being healthy and happy.

What a terrible thing!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I knew you would cite the death of field animals as a point against veganism, which is why I "dodged" the stupid statement in the first place.

If you fail to see no difference between factory farming and animal slaughter versus field animal deaths, I don't know what to tell you.

The goal, for me, is to reduce the environmental impact, have as sound of ethics as possible, while being healthy and happy.

What a terrible thing!

Ethics wise I see no difference between field animals and humanely raised livestock being killed in the food production process. Obviously there is a difference when it comes to factory farming which is why we see a lot of people spending a few extra bucks for grass fed / cage free / heritage meat products.

You know this all started because of your stupid ass baseless comments about cancer, vitamins and psudoscience? If you came into the conversation with the attribute your moving towards you wouldn't need a shower from all the meat based shit you just rolled around in.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Ethics wise I see no difference between field animals and humanely raised livestock being killed in the food production process. Obviously there is a difference when it comes to factory farming which is why we see a lot of people spending a few extra bucks for grass fed / cage free / heritage meat products.

You know this all started because of your stupid ass baseless comments about cancer, vitamins and psudoscience? If you came into the conversation with the attribute your moving towards you wouldn't need a shower from all the meat based shit you just rolled around in.

Actually that's not how this started, but I can understand your revisionism since it allows you to score points, even if they're all bullshit. That being said, there's nothing baseless about the cancer claims; the vitamins I can say are pretty much a wash in the long run unless you've got an extreme case of malnourishment. (Which was my point about vitamins in the first place - if you think vegans need to take vitamins, then really everyone should).