The Netflix Thread

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They have some decent non fiction stuff. Blown Away is awesome and I'm addicted to Repair Shop right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There's 0 chance I'd keep Netflix if it weren't for their documentaries. All the Planet Earth stuff, Our Planet, Earth at Night, etc. is amazing for falling asleep at night. Peaceful as fuck.

Outside of that though, they have so few series I'm interested in that I'd just pirate them otherwise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There's plenty of good stuff on Netflix. The new animated witcher movie for example is excellent, and I just started watching Jack Irish which is a pretty good TV crime thriller.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Netflix has been releasing a new sports documentary series labeled "Untold"

The first one they released was Malice at the Palace about the Ron Artest/Pacers fighting with fans incident. I think there are 4 released at this point and they are on par with the best of the 30 for 30 series. Each covering a lesser known topic in the sports world. Really well done. Watch all of them.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Netflix has been releasing a new sports documentary series labeled "Untold"

The first one they released was Malice at the Palace about the Ron Artest/Pacers fighting with fans incident. I think there are 4 released at this point and they are on par with the best of the 30 for 30 series. Each covering a lesser known topic in the sports world. Really well done. Watch all of them.
I enjoyed Malice At The Palace, but none of the other ones sounded very interesting. Ill have to check them out.

Khane

I enjoyed Malice At The Palace, but none of the other ones sounded very interesting. Ill have to check them out.

The one about the Danbury Trashers was great. The one about the female boxer was really good too, that chick could throw a punch AND take a beating. The reveal at the end of that one is pretty fucked up.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
huh, i thought it was moving permanently to NBCs streaming service. guess netflix paid extra $$

funny press release

E-NjlZcVUAMbAr6

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Malice at the Palace just reinforced by belief that Ron Artest is a headcase and massive piece of shit that dragged others down with him.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
huh, i thought it was moving permanently to NBCs streaming service. guess netflix paid extra $$

funny press release

E-NjlZcVUAMbAr6
that show has been popping reruns in syndication for at least 25 years. everyone who ever wanted to see that show has seen every single episode, dozens or hundreds of times by now. its literally the Honeymooners of the 90s. good luck with using that as a draw.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
friends and the office are the most streamed TV shows, ever.

zoomers love watching the same episodes of these chill shows over and over every night while they dream of owning a home and accidently misgendering someone

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Malice at the Palace just reinforced by belief that Ron Artest is a headcase and massive piece of shit that dragged others down with him.

Yep, he's basically the reason Reggie never got a ring. Also reinforces that Reggie Miller is a class act.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
watching vikings (on season 5) now and playing AC Valhalla, the prequel to Vikings is coming to Netflix next year called Vikings: Valhalla and now Zack Snyder has his own animated norse myth show with of course a black odin and asian Hel

(it is animated tho)

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
watching vikings (on season 5) now and playing AC Valhalla, the prequel to Vikings is coming to Netflix next year called Vikings: Valhalla and now Zack Snyder has his own animated norse myth show with of course a black odin and asian Hel

(it is animated tho)

John Noble looks pretty white to me

Khane

Lol What?

They had a great chance that year to win, and that incident got him suspended for the rest of the season and two of his other teammates suspended for lengthy periods of time that season.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
that show has been popping reruns in syndication for at least 25 years. everyone who ever wanted to see that show has seen every single episode, dozens or hundreds of times by now. its literally the Honeymooners of the 90s. good luck with using that as a draw.

Counterpoint; I hate watching it in syndication because I seem to only catch the same 15 or 20 episodes over and over again. I love this show and starting it from the begging with no pressure to finish an episode in a whole sitting sounds great.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Counterpoint; I hate watching it in syndication because I seem to only catch the same 15 or 20 episodes over and over again. I love this show and starting it from the begging with no pressure to finish an episode in a whole sitting sounds great.
there is only one episode ive seen only once because they never put it in syndication as far as i can tell. its the episode where Jerry and crew get stuck in the PR day parade and Jerry ends up burning the PR flag. they took a ton of shit for that so they cucked out and never showed it again. other than that one episode. ive seen those episodes so many times that i had to stop so if i ever decide to watch them again i can at least enjoy them somewhat because i forgot what happens in every scene.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How To Be A Cowboy is a new reality show on Netflix. Its pretty funny, kind of a Duck Dynasty type show.