The Netflix Thread

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
No. One. Wants. To. See. Any. More. Female. Action. Leads.

1628118633616.png

• 12Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

spronk

FPS noob
No. One. Wants. To. See. Any. More. Female. Action. Leads.

here's something wild, the star of this generic Jane Wick movie played John McClane's daughter in Live Free or Die Hard in 2007 and again the same character in 2013's A Good Day to Die Hard. Lucy is the young girl who picks up the phone when her mom calls the house in the OG die hard, "this is Lucy McClane speaking"

MV5BNjAxOTg4YWEtM2MwYi00ZmUyLWFkMzQtMDQ0YmU2MWQ3YjJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc3MjUzNTI@._V1_.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hollywood has a weird fetish for ticking clocks and countdowns which are completely unnecessary, outright stupid, and drag the plot down. They are also bound by rules of engagement for violence as they can't have an assassin type killing without a "moral" reason. For John Wick they literally had to beat him, steal his car, and kill the puppy that was a last gift from his dead wife. The justification for this is a budget version of Crank?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

here's something wild, the star of this generic Jane Wick movie played John McClane's daughter in Live Free or Die Hard in 2007 and again the same character in 2013's A Good Day to Die Hard. Lucy is the young girl who picks up the phone when her mom calls the house in the OG die hard, "this is Lucy McClane speaking"

MV5BNjAxOTg4YWEtM2MwYi00ZmUyLWFkMzQtMDQ0YmU2MWQ3YjJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc3MjUzNTI@._V1_.jpg

It's this:

1628124325345.png

only super serious because female badass lead.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Hollywood has a weird fetish for ticking clocks and countdowns which are completely unnecessary, outright stupid, and drag the plot down. They are also bound by rules of engagement for violence as they can't have an assassin type killing without a "moral" reason. For John Wick they literally had to beat him, steal his car, and kill the puppy that was a last gift from his dead wife. The justification for this is a budget version of Crank?
Best use of time is the original pelham 123

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Don't be dissing on one of my favorite shows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He-Man was this Paladin powerhouse invoking his ideals. He was encouraging and strengthening his allies in his adventures through Eternia.

The story takes on the form of what He-Man did alone when he was alive, encouraging others to be a better and work together to achieve their goals.

Is this person retarded?

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It can be done well.

View attachment 365528Watched a little over half of gunpowder milkshake. The aesthetic is great, but the dialogue and action set pieces are pretty bad.
Yeah, of course it can. Unicorn. Lightning in a bottle. Etcetera. I actually had this very movie poster flash in my head as I typed my original post.

It is not usually done well. Especially now when women and Hollywood are simply trying TOO hard to make women into men.

Edit - Kill Bill had a long, arduous and painful growth and redemption arc for the protagonist. She was fucking shot in the head at her own wedding for Christ's sake. (Spoiler alert, fuck you watch this movie already you asshat). Even then she struggled and was beat down and came back up. It was glorious, so well done. Nowadays we get Mary Sue's and that is it.

Now an ultimate bad ass from the start can be ok (John Wick) if you have an interesting back story and actor, but none of these female led movies have done it. Atomic Blonde may have come close, but it still, ultimately, failed in my opinion.

Caliane

I wonder if that racist, gave any shit about Taken killing a fuck ton of local ethnic Mobsters?

Anyway, this looks decent. as noted, not super original in concept, but who gives a shit?

Female action leads are fine. Just stop with the fucking, "girls get it done!", "Im a girl!", "girls are actually the real weapons!", "take that!, did you know im a girl!?" sexist horseshit.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Apparently this woke cunt doesn’t understand how the Yakuza and Japanese culture in general treats women.

1628186143719.jpeg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
F is for Family
Death Note (anime)
all the resident evil and underworld movies are on there now
Dark Matter and The 100 were ok if you never saw it originally
DOTA Dragons Blood is pretty good
Pacific Rim The Black (animated) wasnt bad
all the IP Man movies are on there
The Last Dance was 10/10 michael jordan docu
Nightcrawler, Cobra Kai, Ragnarok, Age of Samurai
World War II in Color

you get a few of those under your belt and the only thing recommended afterwards is good anime, WW2 docus, and older movies/shows

I keep two sub accounts (plus kids ,wife, etc), "mine" and then a random one named Retard which I regularly delete and recreate so my recommendations don't get infected when I click on something random. I never "browse" Netflix or Youtube or whatever on "my" account, only on the Retard account. I know exactly what I want to watch on my account.

google, amazon, youtube, etc are all run by algorithms now and the more you watch of X the more the engine learns what kind of homo you are. People who always whine and bitch about how they get SJW shit or whatever get that crap because, surprise surprise, they watch utter crap and the engine has figured out what kind of bucket their autism fits in
Pretty good list, albeit the 100 really? Almost as bad as jap anime. Starts with an interesting premise and sex appeal quickly drug down by some nonsensical emo people followed by the plotline dropping acid and escalating out of control to absurd levels leaving the great beginning long forgotten.

If I could hate fuck a show, the 100 would be it, because I wasted the time watching the whole thing because it was back before I learned to cut my losses and didn't want to give up after a interesting 1-2 seasons.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What show is that ? Asking for a friend.
Don't remember the name. Just saw it in my news feed as "Actor describes his rimming scene in HBO's new show!" and got to the part in the article where they're talking about full frontal male nudity before noping out.