The Netflix Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1400's was a crazy time in world history.

Post crusade, rise of Ottomans, England and France wars, and best of all, FUCKING DRACULA.

When is Netflix going to give us a Vlad Dracul historical movie? It would actually be interesting, beyond the stupid vampire stuff. He was a tribute prisoner, raised by the Ottomans, then goes on to escape and win the throne of Wallachia, fighting the Turks and his own brother. There is a lot to work with.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1400's was a crazy time in world history.

Post crusade, rise of Ottomans, England and France wars, and best of all, FUCKING DRACULA.

When is Netflix going to give us a Vlad Dracul historical movie? It would actually be interesting, beyond the stupid vampire stuff. He was a tribute prisoner, raised by the Ottomans, then goes on to escape and win the throne of Wallachia, fighting the Turks and his own brother. There is a lot to work with.

It's not exactly the same thing, but your post reminded me Penny Dreadful is now on Netflix. Pretty great horror series that is very underrated.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If anyone likes wirefu, Master Z is pretty good, story based around the Wing Chun dude that gets beaten in Ip Man 3.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dolemite is my Name was really good. Wesley Snipes was hilarious, and it was really nice seeing Eddie Murphy in a good movie again.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Living with yourself was a new series added by Netflix, with Paul Rudd as the lead. I’m 5 or 6 episodes in, and so far it’s pretty entertaining. I will say I don’t like the approach of having episodes overlap each other with different character POV, it’s honestly pretty annoying.
I really like the overlap

Raising Dion - kid friendly - Alisha Wainwright is hot AF and there are scenes whose purpose are to show that off.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A few horror/thriller movies I caught on Netflix for spooktober.

Creeped out season 2. this is a fairly weak Canadian attempt to do an "are you afraid of the dark/goosebumps". for kids. mostly lame. S2 was much better then s1, though. 7/10.

I have no idea why, but I loved Creeped out Season 1 so far. I am through 5 episodes.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Dolemite is my Name was really good. Wesley Snipes was hilarious, and it was really nice seeing Eddie Murphy in a good movie again.

I came here to post about the film, just finished watching it. I liked it enough to . . . get on here and post about it I guess. You could tell that Eddie Murphy really was 100% putting in his best effort. And he's great in it, clearly he wanted to pay homage to Rudy Ray Moore.

I found that perhaps that the start was the weaker part of the film. Once they got into the film making it was really good all through. Oh and some great performances from a big list of guest roles.

And side note: I've got the same headphones as Snoop Dogg.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been running through various comedy specials. Discovering people I'm really enjoying, and others not so much. As politics is infesting every damn thing, I'm enjoying the shows that don't include it, and turning off the ones that do. As such they are getting SJW scores! And if you're of the SJW persuasion, you're welcome.

Iliza Shlesinger: Unveiled - Best I've seen in a while. On par with Bill Burr's Paper Tiger. Laughed out loud quite a bit. She has several other Netflix specials and I will be watching them. Highly rec. SJW -2.

Arsenio Hall: Smart and Classy - It had a moment or three it was funny, but it's just a big pass for me. Do not rec. Just felt very amateurish and too much time between laughs. SJW +3

Nikki Glaser: Bangin' - Really enjoyed it. It's essentially an hour long show about blowjobs. Which, sounds dumb, but she's really good. Will be looking for more of her stuff. Do rec. SJW +0

Bonus material of Nikki - this roast of Alec Baldwin is great, a must watch. The special mentioned above wasn't quite on par, but was still very very good. SJW +2

Brian Regan: Nunchucks and Flamethrowers - I used to really like his stuff, but this was... lacking. Can't rec it, but it wasn't the worst thing I've seen. SJW +0

Jim Gaffigan - all his specials/shows are good - haven't yet seen anything bad from him. Can't comment on them individually as they are all jumbled in my head. He's a "clean" comic, but when you have his skill you don't need dick jokes. Rec it all. SJW +0

Gabriel Iglesias - same as Gaffigan, in that I've yet to see him do a bad show, but can't comment on individual ones. Do rec. But who hasn't seen his shit by now, anyway. SJW +0

Seth Meyers: Lobby Baby - Wasn't sure what to expect, but he held his own. Certainly better than Regan and Hall. SJW +2, iirc

Jim Jefferies: This Is Me Now - started off ok - not bad. Turned it off after 15 minutes or so, once the politics entered a bit much. Not today, sport. SJW +10

I'm open to suggestions of lesser known comedians, if anyone has any.

• 1Like

Caliane

I just started watching it. Pretty interesting idea for a show. The 1st episode was compelling enough. However, Brady getting 6 "treatments" is big. Granted, that's all the superbowls, but clone of a clone of a clone of a clone....
started this. I was really starting to question the premise.. like, why the fuck would anyone take 50k out of their savings in cash to a "spa" for any reason. and, just kept getting worse as he pulled up. Brady walking out, made me lol. as, ok, at least now we have a reason.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Jim Jefferies: This Is Me Now - started off ok - not bad. Turned it off after 15 minutes or so, once the politics entered a bit much. Not today, sport. SJW +10

His early stuff was amazing, but yea... he's gone off the deep end.

Recommended:

Nate Bargatze: The Tennessee Kid
Tom Segura: Mostly Stories
Anything from Mike Birbiglia
Anything from Hannibal Burress
John Caparulo: Come Inside Me
Anything from Kathleen Madigan (I think she's my favorite female comedian, really funny)
Chad Daniels: Dad Chaniels

Some of these are on prime.

Chad Daniels and Nate Bargatze are two comedians I had never heard of before but both of those specials are really good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Kathleen Madigan is very funny. She's apparently been doing it 20+ years. She just never pursued television I guess, so you wouldn't know unless you were into comedy actively.

I dunno what tier Dimitri Martin is, maybe he's super famous. But I'd never heard of him and he's a very clever joke comic.

Last edited:

Khane

Kathleen Madigan is very funny. She's apparently been doing it 20+ years. She just never pursued television I guess, so you wouldn't know unless you were into comedy actively.

I dunno what tier Dimitri Martin is, maybe he's super famous. But I'd never heard of him and he's a very clever joke comic.

Dmitri Martin is one of those guys that I feel just throws comedy darts. Some of his stuff is outrageously funny, and some of it is just totally dead weight.

But yea.. Kathleen Madigan is a comic everyone should hear.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Two others I enjoy, but some may not, are Bert Kreischer and Anthony Jeselnik. I've also enjoyed the last couple of Kevin Hart specials I've watched.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Anthony Jeselnik is funny, but I can only take him in small doses. It's his delivery and persona that gets old. I feel like a guy who does that type of comedy, but does it better is Jimmy Carr.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Anthony Jeselnik is funny, but I can only take him in small doses. It's his delivery and persona that gets old. I feel like a guy who does that type of comedy, but does it better is Jimmy Carr.
Funny how that works, when I think of Anthony Jeselink I think of you, but someone actually funny.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Ali Wong baby cobra is one of my favourite comedy specials on netflix. Being a pregnant asian woman she can get away with saying things which other comedians would be booed off stage for.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

All of his jokes follow the exact same formula so after a while it becomes predictable and stops being as funny