The Netflix Thread

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Katt Williams is just a naturally funny motherfucker whose delivery is just as funny as the jokes. All the specials I've seen are evergreen and don't really feel dated. He can get away with saying things that most other comics can't in today's climate.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Katt Williams is just a naturally funny motherfucker whose delivery is just as funny as the jokes. All the specials I've seen are evergreen and don't really feel dated. He can get away with saying things that most other comics can't in today's climate.

I agree with this, he is hilarious. And he is one fucked up dude. He's been arrested a bunch of times. There is a video of him getting his ass kicked and trying to thug on some kids.

I think it makes his comedy more real haha.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
All of his jokes follow the exact same formula so after a while it becomes predictable and stops being as funny

Have you seen his latest special Fire in the Maternity Ward? It starts off with his similar formula, but towards the middle starts with a more traditional tell a long story with jokes in it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watched Kathleen Madigan last night since she's been rec'd a few times. Very solid. I've seen her before, but feels like it's been a bit.

Also, watched The Monster - horror flick. I was surprised. I was expecting the normal hokey schlock that is most of their horror section, but this was good. Ending pissed me off a bit, but good actors, decent story, shot well. Always a nice surprise when you get more than you expected.

OneofOne

It wasnt the worst thing ever. But it didnt help they were inconsistent with character actions.

And the ramifications of a growing vampire population was about as well thought through as iZombie's zombie-only city, in how the country would react to it. Which is to say, barely thought through at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It wasnt the worst thing ever. But it didnt help they were inconsistent with character actions.

And the ramifications of a growing vampire population was about as well thought through as iZombie's zombie-only city, in how the country would react to it. Which is to say, barely thought through at all.

Ian Somerhalder was the shittiest actor on the show imo. Other then that it was ok for what it was. On par with like Van Helsing or Wyonna Earp.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Tried watching that new 6 Under or whatever it is. Couldn't get past the halfway point. Really disjointed pacing and storytelling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed 6 Underground for what it was, which was a Michael Bay-esque explosiony vehicle for more of Ryan Reynold's particular brand of humor. And I appreciated that the Bay-splosions and collisions felt "harder" for lack of a better term. Like, when the Transformers ripped through cars, they just felt like tinfoil being ripped apart, like they had no real substance. In this movie, when two cars smashed, they fucking SMASHED!

I liked it, but it isn't high cinema by any means. Don't expect that, and you'll be fine. Also, although she never got even close to nekkid, nor did she have anywhere enough screen time, the brunette doctor is smoking hot. So there's that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried watching 6 Underground the other day and I stopped about 20 minutes in. What a shitshow.

• 2Like

OneofOne

We sat through it last night. I'm a big Reynolds fan, and if I could sit through The Nines... Yeah it was a bit try -hard, and the story was... lacking, but not a bad movie to have on in the background while gaming.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I gave it another go and finished it. Not the worst thing I have ever seen and the action sequences were pretty good, but still felt the pacing was waaaaay off.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I watched 'In the Tall Grass" - meh. There were glaring inconsistencies in character motivations and horrible timing on the interactive exposition all through the movie. The premise was intriguing enough I watched the whole thing, but the script writer was a fucking hack. Thumbs down.

Watched "In the Shadow of the Moon" - also meh. Similar criticisms of the above. I think unrealistic dialogue and motivations in movies is really ruining them for me of late. I am having a hard time dumbing myself down to enjoy stuff. The tweeeest in this movie could be seen a mile away, and the time stuff was retarded. Another hack script. Netflix is really just throwing stuff at the wall at this point. Thumbs way down.

Watched "The Unthinkable" last night, a Swedish movie about an obscure invasion set to the backdrop of shitty family and interpersonal relationships, and my interest was STRONGLY held through the movie. The mood and film style, along with the music, was brilliant and really set that "Sicario-like" feeling of dread throughout. The "main" character is an unlikable, pussy cuck and his dad is stereo-type angry but the movie on whole kept me interested moreso than any other recent movie i have watched. Recommended.

Edit - I just read my own post and I sound like some stuck-up movie critic twat. I shit on the popcorn movie and blew smoke up an obscure foreign movie's ass. But I stand by my twattish sounding comments.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I watched 'In the Tall Grass" - meh. There were glaring inconsistencies in character motivations and horrible timing on the interactive exposition all through the movie. The premise was intriguing enough I watched the whole thing, but the script writer was a fucking hack. Thumbs down.

Watched "In the Shadow of the Moon" - also meh. Similar criticisms of the above. I think unrealistic dialogue and motivations in movies is really ruining them for me of late. I am having a hard time dumbing myself down to enjoy stuff. The tweeeest in this movie could be seen a mile away, and the time stuff was retarded. Another hack script. Netflix is really just throwing stuff at the wall at this point. Thumbs way down.

Watched "The Unthinkable" last night, a Swedish movie about an obscure invasion set to the backdrop of shitty family and interpersonal relationships, and my interest was STRONGLY held through the movie. The mood and film style, along with the music, was brilliant and really set that "Sicario-like" feeling of dread throughout. The "main" character is an unlikable, pussy cuck and his dad is stereo-type angry but the movie on whole kept me interested moreso than any other recent movie i have watched. Recommended.

Edit - I just read my own post and I sound like some stuck-up movie critic twat. I shit on the popcorn movie and blew smoke up an obscure foreign movie's ass. But I stand by my twattish sounding comments.

I don’t know anything about this Unthinkable movie but the IMDB section has me intrigued...
6314C8C0-7578-4BF1-91F7-F07016294032.jpeg

• 2Worf

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I looked for the unthinkable on netflix and amazon prime, where is it?? even "just watch" turns up nothing. This is the netflix thread, don't tease me

Rime

<Donor>
They finally did it! The autoplay previews are set to MUTED by default now.

Not on my PC version, yes on my television version.

Would be better to just NOT have autoplay previews, but a step in the right direction, if/when they roll it out everywhere.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm using PC version. Didn't see any setting, just has a little mute icon on the right of the preview screen. try muting one and then mybe the setting will stay put?