The Netflix Thread

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched the new Sandler special (100% Fresh) on a whim and was pleasantly suprised. If you grew up listening to his old stand up/cd's you might enjoy it too. Don't wanna spoil anything but he does a nice tribute towards the end that hit me right in the feels. He's been comedically irrelevant to me since like the Wedding Singer, but this was surprisingly not completely terrible.

His "What the Hell Happened to Me?" CD pretty much defined my early teenage years with my friends as we quoted it to each other all the time. If he recaptured any of that then it's probably worth a watch.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
His "What the Hell Happened to Me?" CD pretty much defined my early teenage years with my friends as we quoted it to each other all the time. If he recaptured any of that then it's probably worth a watch.

Yeah that CD was great, me and my sister still quote a few lines when the opportunity presents itself. The special doesn't have the skits so I wouldn't say it recaptures it, but the tone is more familiar. It's worth noting a good portion of it are funny songs which might not be for everyone. He was one of the first to add music to comedy, but it has been way over done since then for sure.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah that CD was great, me and my sister still quote a few lines when the opportunity presents itself. The special doesn't have the skits so I wouldn't say it recaptures it, but the tone is more familiar. It's worth noting a good portion of it are funny songs which might not be for everyone. He was one of the first to add music to comedy, but it has been way over done since then for sure.

To this day I still go up to my friends and say "Fuck the sun, I fucking hate it. Long live the fucking beast."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched Return of the Living Dead and now Monster Squad on Amazon Prime for Halloween.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
giphy.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
thought for sure the adam sandler special was going to be terrible, but it was actually pretty good.

Def give it a watch

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This is available now. Wasn't bad, but wasn't quite as good as I think it could have been.

Hold the Dark

The lead in this movie was amazing. The pacing, understated dialogue and dark tone of the entire movie grabbed me and I really enjoyed it for that and the lead. The ultimate premise and the ending was actually terribad, but up to the last 10 minutes or so it was a solid 7/10 for me.

Not enough dark, slow-burn movies around. This was juuuuust about there, but not quite.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've heard really good things about this show.

Anyone watch it? It's a documentary, but extremely fascinating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's really frigging frustrating that you can't filter by language. Half the shit on Canadian Netflix isn't in English and there isn't a method to filter out any of it. I'm getting tired of having to sort through Bollywood garbage and all of the rest of it.
I'm in Texas and I'm getting a lot of Bollywood action shit because "you liked Daredevil"... Fucking really?

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I'm in Texas and I'm getting a lot of Bollywood action shit because "you liked Daredevil"... Fucking really?

Have you ever noticed these Bollywood movies are also listed at the end of all the subgenres? Action - 7 North American and South Korean movies (I like SK movies) and then 8 Bollywood movies at the end.

I have gone out of my way not only to thumb down every Bollywood movie that shows up but also every Bollywood "Movies like this" in the links.

And they still show up en masse.

I don't know when Netflix got the rights to stream this shit but they are really ham handing it.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Wild wild country was good and well made. I remember hearing rumors of their group 25 years ago (from church preachers condemning them).

Another good one was "Holy Hell". Its amazing how people fall for these cults, and the things they do under the cult leaders spell.

How strong does that spell have to be to make straight guys bend over for the male cult leader???? Find out in Holy Hell, if you dare..

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Regarding foreign movies, it really pisses me off when they're translated in like 6 different languages and english isn't one of them.

Anyway, I'm watching the shit out of Ozark and just started Latinos for Morons, by the Pest.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Outlaw King isn't a bad movie. Could have been way better if it had some big funding. CGI is pretty bad sometimes. A fair bit more accurate then Braveheart.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Just finished a bunch of stuff I had lying around in Netflix:

Headshot - terrible. The Raid it is not. Some really bad fight scenes too. And horribly contrived "tense" pauses in every one of them. First movie I've ever been bored in the MIDDLE of a fight scene. 2/10
Extinction - bad. I abandoned it after about 20 mins a while ago, just finished it tonight after scrolling through some boring parts. The tweeeest was actually interesting, the execution was poor. The ending was shit. 2/10
Bad Day For The Cut - okay. Part subtle dark comedy, part normal dude revenge flick. It was slow in places but passable. 6/10
Stasis - the worst. Low budget G grade sci fi movie. Just horrendous overall. 0/10. Seriously.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Outlaw King is out. It's a retelling of Braveheart from the perspective of Robert The Bruce but much more historically accurate.

It's actually really good.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Outlaw King is super good, I need to pick up where I was at when I passed out a few hours ago, but the hour or so that I saw of it was awesome. Not Braveheart awesome, but in its own way.

Last edited:
  • 2Like