The Netflix Thread

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The last episode of Dracula was pretty solid until the wtf ending. episodes one and two were pretty awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
jesus $17 billion on mostly shitty TV shows

Netflix isn’t slowing down. The world’s biggest streaming service is projected to spend $17.3 billion this year on content, according to a new estimate from BMO Capital Markets — or about $2 billion more than it spent in 2019.

To keep the hit shows coming, Netflix is for the moment swimming in debt. By last count, Netflix’s total liabilities, including long-term debt, totaled $24.1 billion, according to its third quarter financial report. Netflix will share its Q4 results next Tuesday.

Still, the debt and increased competition hasn’t scared away investors. Netflix’s stock is trading at about $338 per share on Thursday morning, putting it up about 10% in the last month

BMO Capital anticipates Netflix will continue investing heavily in content as the decade unfolds, projecting the company’s content budget will increase to $26 billion by 2028.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
New documentary "Don't Fuck With Cats" is truly a fucked up show.
I watched this and thought it was really interesting. I read/watch a lot of documentaries about serial killers and I vaguely knew about this story, but I didn't REALLY know. It's a very interesting watch, although I thought the woman (who suspiciously looks like one of those cats with a smooshed face) getting on her high horse at the end was a bit odd. She's blaming us for people being like this, when she was part of the group ACTUALLY playing into this guys plan.

I will also like to add one other thing. I have a morbid curiosity so I watched the 1 icepick, 1 lunatic video.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch that. I've seem some really bad videos before. This video is probably in my top 3 of worst videos I've ever watched in my life.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So I watched "Terrifier" lol .

If you like slasher/gore might be worth a watch. Art the Clown was creepy enough. I only give "worth a watch" recommendations on movies I actually finish and pay attention to. I at least did that with this movie.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just got through Apple TV's For All Mankind. Really got into it, haven't cared about a cast like that since probably Friday Night Lights.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dracula started good but the last episode was a bit wtf for me.

Watched the first episode of Marianne. First episode was great. Some solid tension and scares. Sets up the storyline well with some twists.

Whatever version of Marianne I found to stream the dubbing is so terrible. It is like really bad JRPG voice overs.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I watched "Terrifier" lol .

If you like slasher/gore might be worth a watch. Art the Clown was creepy enough. I only give "worth a watch" recommendations on movies I actually finish and pay attention to. I at least did that with this movie.

I tried watching this a while back. When it got to the part of the woman hanging upside down, with the other woman in the chair watching, I shut that shit off. There's a reason I don't watch Saw movies.

So that's my 2 cents. If you don't like torture pron, don't watch this.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Watched Master Z: Ip Man Legacy. I liked the main dude but Bautista was pretty bad as the villain in it.

Caliane

Ares.

Dutch. White guilt the series masquerading as horror.
Its shot well. It looks gorgeous. Plot is really weak however, as its spends episode after episode on??? im not even sure. nothing fucking happens. I could not even tell you where the time went. long pretty empty shots I guess...

but, in the end, the whole fucking thing is a giant "white guilt" trap, as a multi racial Dutch women, coats herself in black oil, as she gains super powers to cause all the evil white men to commit suicide out of guilt for the Dutch involvement in the slave trade. Then the one black man walks up while white people are killing themselves and hugs her. Im not kidding.

5/10 till the end, as stated.. pretty, but nothing is fucking happening. 1/10 ending. its not even like racial tensions was a theme.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I watched October Faction on Netflix the other day. Through about episode 6 or 7, it was okay. Up until this point, they had made a pretty good backstory. Presidio was the humans fighting against the creatures of the night. Werewolves, vampires, warlocks. I just thought, "Yah, these kids are annoying... But hopefully, they won't focus too much on them." Then at the end of episode 6 or 7, it had the multiracial kids (because they're teens, of course) accuse the parents of genocide. Phew. Any time that I see a kid throwing around a term like genocide, it just makes me wanna kill all millennials.

I finished it off, but just barely. I was half watching the shit show when it finally came to an end.

It stars Rosario Dawson, that's about the only reason that I started watching it. Now, I want my eight or so hours back.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I watched October Faction on Netflix the other day. Through about episode 6 or 7, it was okay. Up until this point, they had made a pretty good backstory. Presidio was the humans fighting against the creatures of the night. Werewolves, vampires, warlocks. I just thought, "Yah, these kids are annoying... But hopefully, they won't focus too much on them." Then at the end of episode 6 or 7, it had the multiracial kids (because they're teens, of course) accuse the parents of genocide. Phew. Any time that I see a kid throwing around a term like genocide, it just makes me wanna kill all millennials.

I finished it off, but just barely. I was half watching the shit show when it finally came to an end.

Yeah that shit was horrible. But I watched it 1/2 way and I had to see it through. Filled with a bunch of woke SJW shit all over. From all the families they show being multi racial to the faggotry, and the rest of the bullshit. And I dont even mind some of that shit, but with this show, its like they were trying too fucking hard. I cant believe they didnt sneak in a few trannys in there to complete the circle.

Give this one a hard pass folks.

• 1Like

Caliane

It stars Rosario Dawson, that's about the only reason that I started watching it. Now, I want my eight or so hours back.
im watching this now. yeah, racist entitled pos son is really grating. High school party with kids doing lines of coke... While again, repeated comments by the kids about racist, yokels. I'm pretty sure this shit is written by some LA retard that has never been to out to rural America, and just is laying down their bigoted horseshit left and right. bad jock guy is like is a massive stereotype, and shocker anyone that dislikes gay people is totally just secretly gay themselves.
70% of the cast is non-white in this rural community, while the kids are still walking around calling the locals privileged racists... not to mention the kids saying this, are literally the richest kids in town, with home schooling, and giant house, etc.. chances of anyone calling the kids out on their bullshit? -210%

Does rosaria dawson show up? ..or are you 100% mistaking Tamara Taylor for dawson? Serenity, bones, Altered Carbon etc?
(not to be confused with Gina Torres)

The show is ok... But yeah, spends 95% of its time with the kids in school, instead of the monster hunting, which is like non-existant so far..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
im watching this now. yeah, racist entitled pos son is really grating. High school party with kids doing lines of coke... While again, repeated comments by the kids about racist, yokels. I'm pretty sure this shit is written by some LA retard that has never been to out to rural America, and just is laying down their bigoted horseshit left and right. bad jock guy is like is a massive stereotype, and shocker anyone that dislikes gay people is totally just secretly gay themselves.
70% of the cast is non-white in this rural community, while the kids are still walking around calling the locals privileged racists... not to mention the kids saying this, are literally the richest kids in town, with home schooling, and giant house, etc.. chances of anyone calling the kids out on their bullshit? -210%

Does rosaria dawson show up? ..or are you 100% mistaking Tamara Taylor for dawson? Serenity, bones, Altered Carbon etc?
(not to be confused with Gina Torres)

The show is ok... But yeah, spends 95% of its time with the kids in school, instead of the monster hunting, which is like non-existant so far..
The thing that bugged me most with the kids was the gay son literally only thought with his dick. It seemed like every decision was driven more by who he wanted to fuck. Which is fine in a typical teen drama but i had hoped for more monster supernatural show.

• 1Solidarity