The Netflix Thread

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since this is the Netflix forum, I just want to give a shout out for "Dark".

It is a fantastic foreign(German) show that does creepy plus science fiction very well. Do not use Dubbing as it is done very poorly. Go with the Subtitles. It is 3 seasons long and actually has an ending that is worth the viewing, unlike certain HBO shows that fuck endings up. It starts a little slow but ramps up to a good pace that will leave your head spinning as to who is what and where. Its a thinking show, which when done right, are my favorite kinds.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Oh wow! Woke Netflix is making an Assassin's Creed show? I imagine that will be some seriously fine entertainment in addition to being super respectful to both the source materials and the fan base. If there was one thing the entertainment industry has sure proven lately is how much they respect pre-existing fan bases!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Postcard Killings

Typical serial killer schlock with an attempt to be somber and dark and smart and "international" and failing dramatically.

I am halfway through the movie here over lunch at work and saw the tweeeeeest a million miles away.

JD Morgan looks like he has aged 50 years in the last 5 and has lost every drop of charisma he used to display.

Horrible movie, I will probably drag my way through it just to see how it ends but definitely NOT worth a watch.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I guess they need to compensate for all the subs they lost because of Cuties.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd say it's more of the fact Disney+ didn't turn out to be a competitor, Apple and HBO didn't take a bite and aside from controversial documentaries they did quite well this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The funny thing about HBO MAX is AT&T cut the balls off of it by not being on Roku or Amazon sticks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Peacock sucks too. I tried their free trial and they have barely anything to watch. Their phone app is terrible and they arent on Firestick.

Its basically Netflix or Hulu.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I'd say it's more of the fact Disney+ didn't turn out to be a competitor, Apple and HBO didn't take a bite and aside from controversial documentaries they did quite well this year.
Once the MCU Disney+ shows start rolling out I do honestly believe they will be THE streaming service, The china flu just really fucked with everything
Not saying I like Disney+ that much, hell of the 3 services I have (Netflix, Hulu and Disney+) it is by far the least reliable.

• 1Direct to DVD

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Netflix will be dropped. The value just isn't there any longer.

This. I'm wracking my head trying to think of what we really need from them. We can sub for a month again once Stranger Things's next season is fully out. Amazon Prime just provides us more TV that we can already watch, essentially for free (Prime TV is completely irrelevant to us when it comes to continuing our Prime membership).

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cancelled my Netflix today. I planned to do it earlier over the Cuties thing but I had almost an entire month left on the sub so I shrugged. Then I saw the price increase and said fuck it.
FYI, for those who subscribe to Disney+ Hulu, Since Disney owns them you get ABC on demand app for free with your account.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Only reason I even have HBO is cause I get it via the streaming portion of my ISP. Thanks Comcast, 250 Mb/s connection and a decent amount of TV streaming for ~$90/mo. Could bump the speed up but tbh I don't download stuff often enough to care, 250 is plenty fast enough for streaming multiple things at once.