The Netflix Thread

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just found the Asian sensation, Alice in Borderland. Pretty fun time if you’re in to that sort of thing !
I enjoyed this enough to read the manga from when s1 finished. At the pace they are going they should be able to finish the story in 2 to 3 seasons.

I’m not sure if some of the later games will translate to the show well, and the overall ending is a little unsatisfying but a solid B

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. its a little boring.

and, hard to watch. its a movie, where everyone is in canon.. stupid and losing their minds. so, the delirium is well portrayed... but, again its just hard to watch.

I feel like they would have noticed the coma patients waking up, or notice others that were "killed" waking up and being able to sleep. 1 girl was the ONLY person to go into a coma, during the EMP? no one else shocked by electricity? they didn't try medically induced comas on anyone at all? no one concussed when driving a car? its like, no shit movie. when they try to have it a reveal at the end.
My understanding was that if you died and got resuscitated you got "rebooted", not just coma. Sorry if it's a spoiler but the movie was pretty bad. Started to fast-forward at the end.

spronk

FPS noob
Just found the Asian sensation, Alice in Borderland. Pretty fun time if you’re in to that sort of thing !

just watched 2 episodes of this as well, really enjoying it so far. Its basically a less horror version of Saw or those Escape room movies with a scifi bend, live action weeb.

Usually I watch stuff dubbed but the english voices did not match the actors fucking at all, so I switched to japanese with subtitles.

Kiki

Log Wizard
It reminds me of Battle Royale alot. The ways people die (they even have an explosive collar), rape, dealers are like the evil government, etc. Chishiya is Shogo, Arisu is Nanahara.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob

1624539561135.png

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

well its no wonder hispanics and black people are getting all the good movies if this is the best white people can do

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Katla is the new Dark on Netflix. Bunch of Euros with shady stuff happening. Same vibe as Dark so far, but with a cool volcano spewing off in the distance at all times.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Boyega is done. i hope he saved his cash.

Top Netflix executives, including head of global films Scott Stuber and co-CEO Ted Sarandos, tried to persuade the star to return to the set without success.

Dozens of crewmembers on the project were let go after Boyega’s departure as the production disbanded. The shutdown may be temporary, however. Sources say the new plan is to resume shooting with a new lead early next year.

Industry veterans say they cannot remember an instance in which a star walked away from a movie when filming was underway. “I know actors who wanted to back out of a movie, but nobody actually bails,” says one top executive who is not involved with the movie. “Not once they started shooting.”

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Boyega is done. i hope he saved his cash.

Top Netflix executives, including head of global films Scott Stuber and co-CEO Ted Sarandos, tried to persuade the star to return to the set without success.

Dozens of crewmembers on the project were let go after Boyega’s departure as the production disbanded. The shutdown may be temporary, however. Sources say the new plan is to resume shooting with a new lead early next year.

Industry veterans say they cannot remember an instance in which a star walked away from a movie when filming was underway. “I know actors who wanted to back out of a movie, but nobody actually bails,” says one top executive who is not involved with the movie. “Not once they started shooting.”
Some cultures just lack heart. When they dont like something or it doesnt break their way they just bail.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Rumors they were pushing at the time is that he was partying a lot, drug use etc. Drug addled famous person makes bad decisions, news at 11.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched Good On Paper. It was entertaining enough. At first I thought it was gonna be a Trainwreck knockoff but then took a few twists and wasnt.

spronk

FPS noob
Finished Alice in Borderlands, really enjoyed it. Gets a bit goofy, budget doesn't allow for what you imagine could be much neater stuff, but they do a lot with what they got. Main protag is kinda lame but overall enjoyable. Even has a character/storyline that is a topic that is constantly (rightly) made fun of on FOH, but honestly it worked pretty well the way they did it.

It was also a 100% japanese cast and dialogue, i've gotten so used to modern shows having a bizarre-o diverse cast where two black guys will have a white daughter and shit like that so it was neat seeing such racism and colonialism in a 2020 show. Everyone was also pretty hot.

8 episodes, netflix

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
***Attention*** Near Dark is on Shudder right now. Go see it.

• 2Like